opener huntin this weekend?

Author
backin79
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1582
  • Reward points: 0
2009/11/19 20:34:35 (permalink)

opener huntin this weekend?

I'm going to try fishing the E again..than head over to the deli mainstem trying shorelines all the way down. that's my plan anyway!

stay out of the stock market /big brother is on the take

5 Replies Related Threads

Perch Inc.
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 707
    RE: opener huntin this weekend? 2009/11/20 10:31:49 (permalink)
    GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Monster PERCH Rulz!!!
    deadfishred
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 293
    RE: opener huntin this weekend? 2009/11/20 12:28:03 (permalink)
    This is the first year I don't have a definte place to hunt...probably sit for the morning somewhere near the house, gonna fish for bass with hudsonriverrat during the day, and then sit again for the evening. I think I am starting to like bow-season more than gun-season.
    Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 798
    RE: opener huntin this weekend? 2009/11/20 12:46:05 (permalink)
    I was going to rock a camping trip up to Long Lake and use the lean-tos on the north end of the lake to set up a base camp to paddle and chase some of those nice Pike on the fly.  At least that was the plan.

Now it is looking like the breeze could be an issue and temps might be a bit low for any hopes of attractive company in my tent this weekend.  I already got a pretty sour look when I mentioned camping in 20 degrees.

So now it is looking like an audible- and a daytrip.

Since 13th Lake has an extended season through Nov 30th, I am going to head there and troll some late-season streamers and wobblers for Browns, Bows and (hopefully) some landlockers.  There is actually a pretty decent surface bit on 13th after the leaves fall.  It's been a long, long time since I have hit it this late in the year!

But if I do happen to see any deer on Route 28 this weekend, I will be sure to swerve and nail it!!!
    hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6388
    RE: opener huntin this weekend? 2009/11/20 14:23:35 (permalink)
    if it's brown it will go down.... Just unpacking from last weeks fishing trip and loading up for the hunting adventure. Lorne stopped by today and say's a big thanks to Jimmy. We will be hangin' together all weekend.

On a side note, We'll be staying in a cabin on Goodyear lake /// walleyes ???

Good luck to all this weekend as the ice parties will need fresh burgers !!

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
    backin79
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1582
    RE: opener huntin this weekend? 2009/11/22 16:53:45 (permalink)
    Tried the E fri. and sat.. no runners just small bows I immediately released.. I had fresh brown eggs a local tied for me for a few busch.. The lake was slow but they were still stringing a few between 4-6 lbs ..today i made my way over to the deli from callicoon on down to narrowsburgh in hopes of finding a spot to cast from shore for walleye. Let me tell you it was not high but muddy, i took pics of the bridge and spoke with a couple shore anglers on the pa boatramp side. I'm sure the walleye were there somewhere but i didn't care for the scenerio..lol.. man those towns can look quite depressing on a raw chilly overcast day! Should of tried esopus again.. but I did fullfill my weekend plan and my Lower mainstem Delaware scottin adventure is finished. I think i'd rather try fishing eye furter up above callicoon.

stay out of the stock market /big brother is on the take
    Jump to: