2A doe hunting property needed!

Author
Big Fathead
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 915
  • Reward points: 0
2007/09/12 00:01:57 (permalink)

2A doe hunting property needed!

I live in Allegheny County and own property in Butler County but wanted to try south of the Burgh this year. I'm a painting contractor and do work down there and have seen a large number of doe so I figure I'll give it a try. Our population in Butler is Low very Low for Doe we haven't hunted doe there in 4 years they just dont seem to be recovering too much pressure I guess. I will be hunting alone looking for arechery or rifle spots. I'm willing to share a spot or two of mine in Allegheny or Butler if someone would be willing to share a spot in Washington or Greene with me. I will share my harvest also if property owner would like. I have over 20 years of archery experience and only take close, clean shots for a high success rate. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3 Replies Related Threads

Special K
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 15
    RE: 2A doe hunting property needed! 2007/09/18 21:03:18 (permalink)
    Big Fathead,
    If your an Archery hunter there's alot of good opportunity in Greene Co. About half the county is SGL. I used to hunt it a lot when I was going to school at WVU. Get yourself a plat book from county extension office or go on PA Game Commission website and get a map from gamelands. Good luck.
    HardCore Fisher
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 519
    RE: 2A doe hunting property needed! 2007/09/18 21:42:48 (permalink)
    Drive around and look for a farmer with crops, most likely they hate the deer an will let people on their property to thin some of them out for what they do to the crops.
    DanesDad
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3087
    RE: 2A doe hunting property needed! 2007/09/20 07:48:18 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: HardCore Fisher

Drive around and look for a farmer with crops, most likely they hate the deer an will let people on their property to thin some of them out for what they do to the crops.
    [/quote

Ha!  Not in Greene county.
    Jump to: