Lookie Here

Author
hot tuna
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 6388
  • Reward points: 0
2009/11/05 18:31:42 (permalink)

Lookie Here

Posted for all our music heads in the East...
Jimmy & Lance , I got the goods and we will be rocking in Altmar next week

Gov't Mule
SBD
Philadelphia, PA
SET 1 w/ Jackie Greene
Under My Thumb*
Monkey Man*
Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo*$
Can't You Hear Me Knockin'*$
Angie*
Ventilator Blues*$
Shattered*$ with Matt on Lead Vocal, Danny on Bass & Jorgen on Drums
Wild Horses
Slave*$
Gimme Shelter*$
Play With Fire
Paint It Black
*****$
Brown Sugar*$
SET 2
Steppin' Lightly
Broke Down On The Brazos
Railroad Boy >
Monday Mourning Meltdown >
Forevermore
Frozen Fear >
Brighter Days >
Blind Man In The Dark$
Encore w/ Jackie Greene
Goin' Out West$ > with Peter Gunn Tease
Bang A Gong (Get It On)$ >
Goin' Out West$
* 1st Time Played
$ with Steve Elson

I also have the 10/30 & 31 shows but this is awesome !!!
Phish
Festival 8
Empire Polo Club
Indio California
SBD
Day 3, 11-01-09

Set 1 - Acoustic @ 12:00
Sets 2 and 3 - Classic Phish
SET 1 - ACOUSTIC
Water in the Sky 7:07
Back on the Train 5:35
Brian and Robert 4:44
Invisible 4:24
Strange Design 3:02
Mountains In The Mist 8:27
The Curtain With 11:56
Army of One 4:20
Sleep Again 5:56
My Sweet One 2:22
Let Me Lie 4:43
Bouncing Around the Room 4:06
Train Song 2:58
Wilson 4:43
McGrupp and the Watchful Hosemasters 10:11
Driver 3:55
Talk 3:46
Secret Smile 6:44
SET TWO
AC/DC Bag 7:54
Rift 6:21
Gotta Jibboo 10:44
Heavy Things 6:24
Reba 12:36
The Wedge 6:42
Guelah Papyrus 5:44
Undermind 7:51
Sparkle 4:01
Split Open and Melt 12:25
SET THREE
Tweezer 15:06
Maze 10:44
Free 9:02
Sugar Shack 5:29
Limb By Limb 7:45
Theme from the Bottom 8:11
Mike's Song 8:42
2001 6:30
Light 15:19
Slave to the Traffic Light 11:57
ENCORE
Grind 1:46
Esther 11:24
Tweezer Reprise 3:59

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen

12 Replies Related Threads

New York Yank
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 479
    RE: Lookie Here 2009/11/05 19:40:11 (permalink)
    Altmar? Next week? You guys gonna be there?  I was thinking of going out next week but have flu running through family at moment so still not sure I can go.  I was thinking 11/10 but may have to wait til mon 11/16.

PS Tuna -  Never heard of 97% of those songs (OK I knew the Stones ones) but I admire your addiction.  
    Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 798
    RE: Lookie Here 2009/11/06 00:17:44 (permalink)
    Wow- that's cool... 

G-Mule must've covered the Stones' "Hot Rocks" while  Phish was busy covering the Stones' "Exile on Main Street" the same night.  Pretty awesome. 

Meanwhile MOE was blowing the roof off the Washington Avenue Armory with covers from EVERYONE.

Halloween is sweet.
    deadfishred
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 293
    RE: Lookie Here 2009/11/06 12:28:49 (permalink)
    Nice sets there. should be a fun weekend. Gotta get through the next work week first. UGH I'll be tying flies at work though!
    hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    RE: Lookie Here 2009/11/06 14:27:02 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Neversink Jimmy

Meanwhile MOE was blowing the roof off the Washington Avenue Armory with covers from EVERYONE.

Halloween is sweet.

I'm sure it was a had to be there show . Looking at the setlist and watching some vids it just seems like YIKES !!!

backin79
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1582
    RE: Lookie Here 2009/11/06 14:54:03 (permalink)
    Hey man, i sure wish i was closer to sr, i can't do that trip alone from nj .. i for tunes? i recall my first trips to selkirk pier spooning/snagging lake browns/steelies ..the camp ground /the roughing overnighters in a sleeping bag in dodge colt down a steep muddy grass trail along the upper estuary now known as the Douglas.. i was blasting tunes back then.. now i listen to the same tunes but not the amps and subwoofs like those days..lol ..hey my tundra stock radio and speakers are pretty good considering.. i do however want to do away with the cd and get a classic ipod to load up all my favs.. i would need a new radio for ipod port. figure it will set me back about 300 bucks. But i think it is safer driving as i pointed out previous post, i took out my passenger mirror (70.00 om part) changing cd while driving a work zone on rt 17 in middletown. The ipod would be easier/safer to scroll rather fumbling cd cases. Anyway, i'm going to try tomorrow that E if anyone is interested let me know.

stay out of the stock market /big brother is on the take
    hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    RE: Lookie Here 2009/11/06 15:31:27 (permalink)
    79, all you got to do is get to the sr and spend a few days.. Always some cheap hole in the wall places to stay..

As for your Tundra, does it have a cassette player ? If so like my Tundra & Subaru all you need is a cassette adapter. Works great !! With all electronics you will find you'll need an adapter for everything.. The I -pod nneds to hook up to a USB to re-charge, yup another adapter for the cig lighter. Still it is all great to load & listen to 8+ days worth of tunes on a thing smaller then a bic lighter.

The E you say ?? Well if tomorrow I don't head to the ADK's for pike or Oneonta for deer I might just be on that watershead...

backin79
    Pro Angler
    RE: Lookie Here 2009/11/06 17:41:09 (permalink)
    RJ, it has the casette deck too.. i am definitely looking into an ipod.. i seen one of those classic ipods and the index screen and how much music can compact ..yeah i'd drive to sr if i really had someone to fly up with..got my waders and ultra lights and getting up around 5am ..leacing house 6am .. should you decide to E fish..look for my truck around the five arch bridge or if you want to meet i might park just below the 28 tremper bridge. that is a cool place to meet. from there upstream should be good all the way up. but if for some reason it is tough in the stream, there is always the resi spooning by the wier, i know they are in there now.. but so you know ahead nyc permit is required. As for next week, a got a few small jobs so i'm happy for that.. maybe sr later this month if business continues to as slow as it is. I got to be honest, i hate spending more than i'm making any week. A few nights at salmon for 70 bucks a night plus food/drinks //tackle/gas add up unless you have someone to split the costs. anyway you know i'm into it.

hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    RE: Lookie Here 2009/11/06 18:13:29 (permalink)
    $70.00 a nite!! must be stayin at the Pulaski Ritz (lol). You can find a hole for $20. & nice lodge for $40. but still it all runs up a tab in the end.
    Those I-pods ain't cheap.. mine set me back around $180. but boy it gets well used.
    spending cake ? shoot, I keep a few bills stashed for rainy days but heck I mostly live for the moment and the outdoors takes no back seat.

The E, thats a longshot for sure. Not sure whats going on tomorrow maybe a lake, maybe a stream and sunday is looking more like a tree.
    good luck out there
    post edited by hot tuna - 2009/11/06 18:20:50

backin79
    Pro Angler
    RE: Lookie Here 2009/11/06 18:40:20 (permalink)
    Yeah man, it is a long drive to SR going solo, and rj, i live for the great outdoors too , not worried saving anymore.. not making half as much as i use too anyway! lol it all comes down to living within our means.. my budgit allows me to roam upstate in the catskill mts. to me it is as close as i can get to the real wild. takes me from my jersey town in passaic county about 100 miles each way plus another60 80 miles rolling inbetween.. about a full tank on the tundra. I got to see what is running this weekend.. got the camera my coolers .. my tunes..but i like that 91.3 radio station up there. cool laid back gypsy music mixed with all unknown artists some with amazing instrumental talent..by far my kind compared to the city jungle bunny rap crap and dizzy lizzy love song crap that dominates the nyc metro area. hey anyway, we will hook-up sometime be it this fall or ice season.. i will let you know which ipod i get along with the accessaries..shopping now online..any shopping advice appreciated! so far i think it will be the classic ipod. lol..i know we got hosed for 75 bucks with tax a nite per two on two separate tripsboth in nov. around turkey day, two seasons ago we tried finding the cheaper places ..the one wanted 25per bunk, that was across from town pool.. we wanted cleaner sheets lol we opted the extra 20 bucks each! lol..

hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    RE: Lookie Here 2009/11/06 19:03:04 (permalink)
    you mean Fish on motel (lol) yea scarry place been there done that once..
    back then it was $10.00 per nite.. There are some good clean reasonable places when ever you go I'll point you in the right directions.

As for I-pods, 8gigs is good 16 way better , retail 120>180. . Avoid the I-suffle.
    I hear you about your travels, you can't always get what you want , but you get what you need.
    I never listen to radio anymore but when you roll down try tuning into 100.1 radio woodstock.. Good stuff !!

jkbugger
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 211
    RE: Lookie Here 2009/11/06 19:38:05 (permalink)
    tuna try nugs.com or nugs.net up in the right corner of the homepage is free shows 50+ dead shows same for phish and tons more, widespread panic, government mule, phil and friends, lots of good stuff.

"Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years."
    Charles Haas
    backin79
    Pro Angler
    RE: Lookie Here 2009/11/06 19:44:21 (permalink)
    yeah, lol..that was the place! ..tell yah, when i go to the SR i want a clean place.. but as i said.. the motel across from fat nancys was 75 bucks two beds.. the other place was a across from the pizza place had the worst seafood fried dish in their lower restaurant lol.i'd never go back there unless it was cleaned up and new management. ..so far i think 5th nano 16gb is likely..i'm reading reviews on amazon.. i am in no rush hough..i waited this long, i can wait alittle longer..i sure want to hit that salmon before it gets too close ice season. maybe later this month. okay tuna good luck this weekend huntin@fishin!

Jump to: