halloween hangover healing

Author
deadfishred
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 293
  • Reward points: 0
2009/11/02 10:05:21 (permalink)

halloween hangover healing

well Halloween was a blast! Was at the MOE. show in downtown Albany, and it was off the hook!! Jimmy was there too and I'm sure he can vouch. Way too many scantily clad 17 year old girls!!

well anway, woke up sunday morning, saw it was calm out, and figured the best way to deal with a hangover is to fish it off.

Hudsonriverat and I got together to do just that.

We started for panfish, and they were definetly cooperating. In fact, it was pretty freakin' off the hook! We were just flipping small soft plastics around the weededges, and the fish were there!

This one decided he was too good to sit still

As it started to get darker, the crappies REALLY turned on big time. The fishing got to be so good that we were just sitting in one place and dipping our plastics around the weeds around the boat. Not even casting, just dipping the lures in the water. You would watch the plastic sink down a foot or two, and then there would be a little white flash and he was on! It was so crazy I even took a video

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v655/bigredfishing/?action=view¤t=IMGP0702.flv

Of course we also caught some gamefish too! Did a little flipping and the bass were biting, just nothing huge. However, Mike was good enough to hook this tough critter on 4lb test and get it in, quite a feet in the weeds!!

27"

10 Replies Related Threads

bassinbrian
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 902
    RE: halloween hangover healing 2009/11/02 10:19:38 (permalink)
    They are still there, sweet.  I haven't been there in 2 years now  

That's a GREAT eye !!! Is that the biggest one caught there ?

BB

Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 798
    RE: halloween hangover healing 2009/11/02 11:55:12 (permalink)
    Man, what a bruiser of a local Wally!!!  That thing is awesome

I wish I could have fished on Sunday morning- but that concert had me feeling like I may have been struck by a runaway tour bus the next morning.  Holy turds- what a friggin' SHOW that was.

That old Armory was a smoky haze, and people were P-A-R-T-Y-I-N-G it up!!!

That crowd made us Jimmy Jam survivors look like amatuers. 

What a great night.  Any time a band allows its FANS to vote on the songs for their setlist, you know it is going to be epic.  Highlights for me included covers of Phish's "Stash" the Grateful Dead's "Eyes Of The World" and "Dark Star", Pink Floyd's "Echos", Paul Simon's "You Can Call Me Al" and Blue Oyster Cult's "Godzilla"...  It was like a high school dance for hippies all night.

And I agree, (even though I was rocking with an old flame all night) my eyes did seem to constatnly wander towards the tasty co-eds in costume all night.  I ended up as "Juan the Gardener" since Nora was dressed as a boquet of flowers...  Worked out well.  It was a last second (and bourbon-fueled) decision...

Anyway- it was smokin'...  If you guys like live music you sure missed out on a GEM in Albany this weekend.

I only wish I could have washed it all down with a fattie Walter and a few Crappie like Lance did on Sunday!

If I knew how to post a video like DeadFish did I could give you a taste of a FUN concert...  Wow.

"I love fishing. You put that line in the water and you don't know what's on the other end. Your imagination is under there" -Robert Altman
    deadfishred
    Expert Angler
    RE: halloween hangover healing 2009/11/02 13:11:59 (permalink)
    Bri: Yes that is the biggest eye from that particular spot wonder if it was the same fish as that one you caught from a few years ago

Jimmy, you just upload the vid to Photobucket, put up the html link, and then they have a .jpg snapshot from the vid all ready for you to use.
    post edited by deadfishred - 2009/11/02 13:13:37
    Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    RE: halloween hangover healing 2009/11/02 13:37:59 (permalink)
    Man- I can never get videos on this forum for some reason. 

Thanks for the help, I've actually been posting photos in an entirely different manner for close to two years now.  Ha!  I think ReelForce once explained the posting method to me and I've done it that way ever since.

Obviously, I now realize there are quite a few ways to do it on this forum.

Here's yet another video attempt.  "Eyes of the World" by Moe at the Washington Ave Armory:

Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    RE: halloween hangover healing 2009/11/02 13:50:15 (permalink)
    Ha!   Looks like I got the "trick" not the "treat"...  Even pasting all four formats into the http: prompt couldn't get me a video clip posted.   Ah, sigh...  It's a cool video, but only a few of the guys would really enjoy it anyway.

One more try:

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid287.photobucket.com/albums/ll155/NeversinkJimmy/EyesVideo.flv">

Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    RE: halloween hangover healing 2009/11/02 13:50:59 (permalink)
    Nevermind    Sorry to muck up an otherwise enjoyable thread about jambands and giant walleye!!!
    deadfishred
    Expert Angler
    RE: halloween hangover healing 2009/11/02 13:53:03 (permalink)
    huh. i have no idea what you did...how did you get the video full screen?
    Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    RE: halloween hangover healing 2009/11/02 14:09:17 (permalink)
    Ha ha...  Sweet, right?

I've posted lots of videos on other forums but I've never solved the issue here on FishUSA...

But as for uploading a video on Photobucket you can opt if you want to link it in a thumbnail or full screen.  My Canon takes pretty decent video (even when blown up to full screen) but it's age and abuse is starting to show.

It records video in an odd combination of black n' white images and color...  But for some reason I think it looks cool...  I guess if anyone ever wanted to hear Moe cover the Dead they could just click the link I posted.

I've already downloaded the show if you want a copy Red!!!
    backin79
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1582
    RE: halloween hangover healing 2009/11/02 22:26:35 (permalink)
    Nice eye red, upper hudson too? I wish the lower ny regions were stocked more with walleye, Use to see big ones like that come out of the Ashokan resi but, that wasmany years ago and even then far between.. they say the introduction of alewives ay back then finally ate most of all the natural reproduction .. the tiny fry had no where to hide .. Also, It is likely fluctuations in water levels as with most resi's don't offer proper habitate (weedline cover) for a self sustaining eye population. I still think the DEC should at least try jumpstarting eye in the lower tiers. Agin, awesome fish pics!

stay out of the stock market /big brother is on the take
    dwaytkus
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 36
    RE: halloween hangover healing 2009/11/03 21:05:04 (permalink)
    Lance Awsome outing. Loved the video and that eye is a hog.
    Jump to: