Deep Smallies ?

Author
bassinbrian
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 902
  • Reward points: 0
2009/10/28 15:27:46 (permalink)

Deep Smallies ?

I plan on targeting some SM this weekend in 30+ fow, but not really my thang if you know what i mean  

I have the basics down, going to try some drop shot (small flukes, senkos etc), i will be boucing a tube too.

Any tips/lures or special presentations you have had luck with ?
I have read about vertical jigging with spoons ?

Thanks all !
BB

2 Replies Related Threads

HookLineSinker
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 322
    RE: Deep Smallies ? 2009/10/28 19:24:16 (permalink)
    Hey BB,
       I've been using Gulp! Alive 3 inch minnows recently, with great success. Slap'em on a 1/4 inch jig head and bounce away. I also have been "walking" them down steep cliffs. Great for walleye and perch also. I'll be out there tomorrow with a friend. And if you or anyone else wants to join me on Friday, feel free to pm me. That will probably be the last day my boat sees water until next spring. Good luck out there!

When hell freezes over, I'll fish there too.
    REEL FORCE
    • Total Posts : 552
    RE: Deep Smallies ? 2009/10/28 19:48:32 (permalink)
    For jigging spoons only one comes to mind that I used to use on LG with great success -The Hopkins works really well and with the hammered metal it kicks off a lot of flash ! Don't forget the Swedish Pimple too ... Not sure what kind the water you will be fishing, but with all this rain I'm sure the water will be off colored, so the more the flash the better off you will be.

Tight lines and screaming drags - Good Luck !
    Jump to: