Post that upset you

Author
noodle one
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 53
  • Reward points: 0
2009/10/27 09:04:15 (permalink)

Post that upset you

If someone starts a post and questions your way of fishing and you know he is only casting a line to see how many others who enjoy your way of fishing he can catch. If this upsets you, then don't bite. He only gets enjoyment when he can bait someone in. The best way to fight it,is to Ignore it, do not reply to any of his post, totality Ignore any and all things that he writes. When he sees no one is taking the bait,it will stop.

28 Replies Related Threads

Loomis
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2674
    RE: Post that upset you 2009/10/27 09:29:07 (permalink)
    Very wise, grasshoppah.

swinger
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1376
    RE: Post that upset you 2009/10/27 20:01:39 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: noodle one

If someone starts a post and questions your way of fishing and you know he is only casting a line to see how many others who enjoy your way of fishing he can catch. If this upsets you, then don't bite. He only gets enjoyment when he can bait someone in. The best way to fight it,is to Ignore it, do not reply to any of his post, totality Ignore any and all things that he writes. When he sees no one is taking the bait,it will stop.

OK I understand. But I am serious this time. What is so great about pinning?

Quality over quantity

I am reality

I>U

JC Rules!!!!!!!
    Mr.Slickfish
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4528
    RE: Post that upset you 2009/10/28 13:39:40 (permalink)

I don't "pin" only 'cause I don't have a rig......but I see those duuds catch alot of fish. I've shared a drift with plenty, and all of them respected "my" space.

I don't always snag fish, but when I do...
    I choose Little Cleos

I'm the best looking smartest snagging poacher alive...
    jimhalupka
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1058
    RE: Post that upset you 2009/10/28 13:58:26 (permalink)
    I'm thinking about dying my hair orange and picking up a 2-hander. This way, instead of making 40 foot drifts down one lane, I can make a 60+ foot arch of a swing? Will anyone buy my sheffield to help fund this idea?

"Sure, we can assiduously three-quarter our wets downstream, mend and wait out each fly swing, over and over again, which to my way of thinking, anyway, relegates the angler to the role, not of nemesis as it should be, but of butler."

-Art Lee
    swinger
    Pro Angler
    RE: Post that upset you 2009/10/28 15:46:53 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: jimhalupka

I'm thinking about dying my hair orange and picking up a 2-hander. This way, instead of making 40 foot drifts down one lane, I can make a 60+ foot arch of a swing? Will anyone buy my sheffield to help fund this idea?

Decho's are a very nice rod at a low cost, look into them. If you want to save same coin on dying your hair. Just put a bunch of skein into a blender and pour that over your head. I am sure you have access to some. That should work on getting it orange. By the way, why would you want to dye your hair?

Quality over quantity

I am reality

I>U

JC Rules!!!!!!!
    harrypelles
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1007
    RE: Post that upset you 2009/10/28 19:10:26 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Mr.Slickfish

I don't "pin" only 'cause I don't have a rig......but I see those duuds catch alot of fish. I've shared a drift with plenty, and all of them respected "my" space.

Ditto.
    jkbugger
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 211
    RE: Post that upset you 2009/10/28 20:03:12 (permalink)
    bait fishing is.........well bait fishing, no matter what type of rod, spinning, fly or noodle.

Pinning is very effective, no doubt as is anything else with bait, when I worked on lake ontario i saw a pinner catch an alewive on an egg, he tossed it back in and a huge brown nailed it, next day a guy who saw the same brought minnows and ran out in out 45 minutes, he said he landed about 8 and lost the others.

Fishing results are based on whats on the end of your hook and how well you can present it. If you have bait on the end of your hook, you will outfish a fly or lure....right.

Some people just prefer not to use bait, I know pinners who don't use bait, it's all about the challenge and how one wishes to fish. Swingin flies for me dead drift works sure, but I like to swing

To each his own, just respect others on the river.

"Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years."
    Charles Haas
    jimhalupka
    Pro Angler
    RE: Post that upset you 2009/10/29 13:51:02 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: swinger

Decho's are a very nice rod at a low cost, look into them. If you want to save same coin on dying your hair. Just put a bunch of skein into a blender and pour that over your head. I am sure you have access to some. That should work on getting it orange. By the way, why would you want to dye your hair?

Swing, I appreciate your will to transform me into such a well-balanced adult and fly fisherman such as yourself. The truth is, your attitude and almighty stance on this style has really turned me off. I think I'll lurk in the shadows with my one-hander, dry flies, and 7 inch wilds while the corporate attitude consumes your life and quite seemingliny, your well being. Your boasting only makes me think you are a highly insecure individual and feel the need to bash pinning, nymphing, and bait slingers to make up for loose ends.

"Sure, we can assiduously three-quarter our wets downstream, mend and wait out each fly swing, over and over again, which to my way of thinking, anyway, relegates the angler to the role, not of nemesis as it should be, but of butler."

-Art Lee
    tommybanzai
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 609
    RE: Post that upset you 2009/10/29 14:35:01 (permalink)
    wow...you are such a loser....you know who i am talking to  Mr elitist fisherman
    jimhalupka
    Pro Angler
    RE: Post that upset you 2009/10/29 15:01:41 (permalink)
    I'll be throwing sacks in the pin outting without a doubt... the purist accusation is just wrong.

-Art Lee
    swinger
    Pro Angler
    RE: Post that upset you 2009/10/29 17:25:04 (permalink)

Swing, I appreciate your will to transform me into such a well-balanced adult and fly fisherman such as yourself. The truth is, your attitude and almighty stance on this style has really turned me off. I think I'll lurk in the shadows with my one-hander, dry flies, and 7 inch wilds while the corporate attitude consumes your life and quite seemingliny, your well being. Your boasting only makes me think you are a highly insecure individual and feel the need to bash pinning, nymphing, and bait slingers to make up for loose ends.

Once again somebody doent answer a question typed in plain English. Why would you want to dye your hair orange?

Quality over quantity

I am reality

I>U

JC Rules!!!!!!!
    tommybanzai
    Expert Angler
    RE: Post that upset you 2009/10/29 18:13:57 (permalink)
    yep...you're still a loser
    tommybanzai
    Expert Angler
    RE: Post that upset you 2009/10/29 18:25:57 (permalink)
    ...and I dyed my hair orange on accident over 10 yrs ago... i would have to say that this product might work best to dye your hair orange and attract steelhead when pinning on the streams.

harrypelles
    Pro Angler
    RE: Post that upset you 2009/10/30 00:39:34 (permalink)
    As for troublemakers, I gotta hand it to you swinger - your baiting here has caught more that any troll has in a long while.
    Loomis
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2674
    RE: Post that upset you 2009/10/30 09:01:38 (permalink)
    worst part about it is Swinger is actually a nice guy....

jimhalupka
    Pro Angler
    RE: Post that upset you 2009/10/30 15:18:18 (permalink)

Once again somebody doent answer a question typed in plain English. Why would you want to dye your hair orange?

I don't really wanna answer that question, I think you should answer mine.  Are you mentally sound?

-Art Lee
    mxdad66
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 751
    RE: Post that upset you 2009/10/30 17:06:00 (permalink)
    He,just has a way with words that make people bite.
    tommybanzai
    Expert Angler
    RE: Post that upset you 2009/10/30 17:38:13 (permalink)
    Loomis......probably hitting it up next Saturday with some friends and my father if you wanna fish. PM me!!!
    post edited by tommybanzai - 2009/10/30 17:41:00
    ShutUpNFish
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3834
    RE: Post that upset you 2009/10/31 00:11:51 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: mxdad66

He,just has a way with words that make people bite.

I'd bet he is a pretty good fisherman too.
    papinner
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1083
    RE: Post that upset you 2009/10/31 09:33:50 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: ShutUpNFish

I hope you're being sarcastic because if not, why would be this guys friend, he bashes you and then you jump on the swinger wagon. Not trying to be a di(k just saying
    post edited by papinner - 2009/10/31 09:34:39
    glen
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 920
    RE: Post that upset you 2009/10/31 12:17:29 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: papinner

ORIGINAL: ShutUpNFish

I hope you're being sarcastic because if not, why would be this guys friend, he bashes you and then you jump on the swinger wagon. Not trying to be a di(k just saying

Maybe to learn something? You guys can agree to disagree
    swinger
    Pro Angler
    RE: Post that upset you 2009/10/31 14:17:13 (permalink)
    The lovey duvey stuff is really making my blush guys thanks.

Jim you ask if I am "mentally sound."  Since it is the human and proper thing to do. I will answer a question proposed to me. Yes I am mentally sound.

Lets talk about something really great please. Lets talk about pinning. When you pinners get together.  Do have a contest on whose reel will spin the longest when spun with your hand? I think that would be a great time. Bunch of guys sitting around spinning reels, talking about cures and mesh and what have you. Discussing new innovative pin techniques. You know, like holding your rod even higher than anyone before. Cool stuff like that. So please guys enough about me. Lets talk about pinning.

Quality over quantity

I am reality

I>U

JC Rules!!!!!!!
    harrypelles
    Pro Angler
    RE: Post that upset you 2009/10/31 14:22:13 (permalink)
    tommybanzai
    Expert Angler
    RE: Post that upset you 2009/10/31 15:47:18 (permalink)
    don't you have some swinging to do? 
    swinger
    Pro Angler
    RE: Post that upset you 2009/10/31 16:00:28 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: tommybanzai

flu bug got me down. I just got out of bed a few hours ago.

Quality over quantity

I am reality

I>U

JC Rules!!!!!!!
    tommybanzai
    Expert Angler
    RE: Post that upset you 2009/10/31 17:41:32 (permalink)

EWWWWWWW 

I hope I don't get that crap

I heard that caviar cures the flu!...there are probably a lot of half dead king salmon eggs making there way around the east cost. make some calls and give it a try
    swinger
    Pro Angler
    RE: Post that upset you 2009/10/31 18:27:02 (permalink)

EWWWWWWW 

I hope I don't get that crap

I heard that caviar cures the flu!...there are probably a lot of half dead king salmon eggs making there way around the east cost. make some calls and give it a try

Stop trying to trick me. You dont care about me. Lets talk pinning!!!! I am on the pinning forum. Not the swinger forum. But now that I say that, it does kind of have a nice ring to it. But that is neither here nor there. How long you said you got that reel to spin for?

Quality over quantity

I am reality

I>U

JC Rules!!!!!!!
    dru2112
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2265
    RE: Post that upset you 2009/10/31 20:01:15 (permalink)

Do have a contest on whose reel will spin the longest when spun with your hand? I think that would be a great time.

yes. 

next question.
    Jump to: