I'm calling you out Jimmy !

Author
bassinbrian
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 902
  • Reward points: 0
2009/09/28 23:41:15 (permalink)

I'm calling you out Jimmy !

Ok , my 2-1 Cowboys are heading to 3-0 Denver next week ... i think we need a Pixie's lunch bet  !!

Heads up or points spread ? Your call buddy !

BB

25 Replies Related Threads

New York Yank
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 479
    RE: I'm calling you out Jimmy ! 2009/09/29 10:17:24 (permalink)
    Brett Favre is gonna get his lunch eaten on MNF by Green Bay this week.  This is akin to Derek Jeter signing with the Red Sox.  Or Jessica Simpson entertaining Taliban soldiers. It just ain't right. 
    Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 798
    RE: I'm calling you out Jimmy ! 2009/09/29 10:33:15 (permalink)
    Oh Boy... 

I can't ever recall any regular season Cowboys/Broncos matchups (there was a Super Bowl in there somewhere in the 70's, I believe) so I am really don't know what to expect next week.  But being back in Mile High is a plus.

Lest you forget, Brian, there are quite a few fans of the "Orange Crush" here on the forum...  So your challenge may be met with brute force and sheer numbers!  But I think a friendly wager is right on target.

A Pixie's lunch is the bet.  Straight up.  You in?

I am the first to admit I am astonished (yet thrilled) with a 3-0 start for my Ponies.  Orten is proving to be just what was expected.  No flash, rock solid, short pass professional.  He surely lacks the cannon that Cutler's got, but I think if Moreno and Marshall team up and carry their weight, the Broncos can knock off the Cowboys.

Of course, it also depends on which Romo shows up!  Did you see the statement from Tony Dorsett this week?

I was a HUGE Dallas fan back in Dorsett's prime, and wore #33 in high school just because of him.  Once the 'Boys acquired Hershell Walker back in the 80s, Dorsett was traded to Denver and I have been a Broncos fan ever since.  That 99yd run from scrimmage on MNF made me fan for life.  That run was incredible.

For the record, Dorsett said something to the effect of "I have no clue why Romo is considered a star in the NFL"

Couldn't have said it better myself.  Those BLT subs at Pixies are the BOMB.  I can almost taste it! 
    bassinbrian
    Expert Angler
    RE: I'm calling you out Jimmy ! 2009/09/29 11:55:47 (permalink)
    Don't forget your Denver "D" ... only 1 TD allowed in the 1st 3 games, least amount of pts allowed in the league. Should be a close game !

Atleast Romo didn't really do anything stupid last night. I was all fired up with some of the stupid play calling !!! The boys were racking up rushing yards very easily , then you get 1st and goal and decide to
    throw ??? Had to settle for a kick ...WTF ?!??!  RUN the dam ball !

I get all fired up with all the ups & downs Dallas goes through.

BB
    jkbugger
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 211
    RE: I'm calling you out Jimmy ! 2009/09/29 18:34:09 (permalink)
    Lets go Broncos! I keep tellin all my buddies I think they stink, but they keep winning. You guys should dump the pixies lunch and get some breakfast sandwiches across the street, man there good. Oh yah and a stewarts coffee.

"Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years."
    Charles Haas
    bassinbrian
    Expert Angler
    RE: I'm calling you out Jimmy ! 2009/09/29 18:48:05 (permalink)
    jkbugger - say high to Todd at the deli (skinny guy with the glasses) that's my best friend
    Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    RE: I'm calling you out Jimmy ! 2009/09/29 19:12:07 (permalink)
    We renamed Persico's "Fletchers"- after my boss who goes there daily.  He and Todd became fast friends.

I knew something was up when he came into my office and asked "you all fired up for Jimmy Jam?"

Sigh.

I eat lunch at "The Deli Formerly Known As Houghtailings" a lot, but Pixies has some killer food for half the cost.  Seriously, the loser of this bet will be out about 8 bucks for lunch for two.  The BLT sub is insane.  Ironically, I've never even had the pizza there, and that's apparently what they're known for.  I guess I like dive bars.

Looks shady from the outside (and the inside for that matter) but it's hard to beat.

Still no spread listed for the Cowboys/Broncos matchup...  Not that it matters, but I assume the guys in Vegas are still scratching their heads as to how in the hell the Broncos busted out to a 3-0 start.

I am guessing the Cowboys will be 8pt faves...  Those oddsmakers love Romo as much as Fox Sports does.

bassinbrian
    Expert Angler
    RE: I'm calling you out Jimmy ! 2009/09/29 19:30:29 (permalink)
    I agree both places have some very good food, Pixies pizza & calzones are good. Persico's makes a lot of homemade stuff.

As for the line, i don't see 8pts ... maybe 3 or 4 pts ? The Bronco's playing at home will factor into it too.

LETS GET IT ON !!!  LOL

KayderossZ
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 110
    RE: I'm calling you out Jimmy ! 2009/09/30 17:58:16 (permalink)
    I think I remember either a Christmas Eve or Thanksgiving match up between the two a couple years ago where Bailey had like a 95 yard pick six, but I could be wrong about that.

As for the Broncos recent success, I'm just keeping my mouth shut as they have a brutal schedule over the next weeks.  However, no offense Brian, I hope you owe Jimmy lunch on Monday.

Can't wait for the Thanksgiving game against the G-men.  Hopefully its a battle of the unbeatens, however, that doesn't seem likely.

Showing up is 88% of life!
    Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    RE: I'm calling you out Jimmy ! 2009/09/30 18:12:19 (permalink)
    Z- sounds like you, Bugger and me are all thinking alike.  While I am ecstatic that the Ponies are off to such a rocking start, I sure as turds ain't opening my mouth too much about it!  Just smiling...  Silently.

These sorts of things don't always end well,but it's been a rip-roaring start for Orten!  I like the guy!

I thought Cutler had a helluva' arm, but once he started acting like T.O., I decided he wasn't a good fit for the Broncos anymore.  Sure he's good.  But he's not as good as his attitude depicted the past year or so.

It's going to be a T-O-U-G-H few weeks coming up.  Seeing the Chargers twice in such a short span scares me. 

The Cowboys will be a formidable test, fo' sho'!  
    Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    RE: I'm calling you out Jimmy ! 2009/09/30 22:34:38 (permalink)
    Here's the latest from the dweebs in Las Vegas:

Cowboys are currently 3pt favorites (are you a bookie or what, Brian?  Right on target)

I am impressed the Broncos are garnering that much respect from the oddsmakers.  No one seems to know what to think about 'em, even after three weeks of football.  Truth is, neither do I?!? 

Over/Under is 40 points.  That sure sounds like an easy 'under' to me.  But if either team gets their offenses rolling, I suppose it could be a crapshoot.  Tough one to call, don't you think?

No rivalry between the teams, and very little history.  Injuries galore, and 6000ft altitude. 

One team (Broncos) pretty much untested so far, and one (Cowboys) playing solid football vs. solid squads.

Sunday is going to be a good one.  If anyone wants to come over and catch some fish and watch the game it looks like I will be around on Sunday.  The speakers are hooked up to the TV to drown out the crying.

Now all that remains to be decided is who's gonna' be crying...  It's gonna' be a streetfight. 

Mr.Jigs
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 352
    RE: I'm calling you out Jimmy ! 2009/10/01 17:22:04 (permalink)
    Ten dollars says I can tell the exact score of that game before it even starts, Jimmy hmmm bet? hmmm? 

A lure drawing the first strike of an early morning, the strong tug on the end of your line, the excitement of a leaping fish... that,s livin large!
    Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    RE: I'm calling you out Jimmy ! 2009/10/01 23:53:54 (permalink)
    I dunno' Jigsy...  Something tells me I'd be setting myself up for disaster with an invite like that one! 

"A fool and his money are soon parted", for sure.  I've got a lot more "fool" in me than I've got "money" on me!

At least with my wager with Brian I am guarenteed a nice lunch even if I lose. 

If there ever was an award for "most level-headed" and "all around good guy", we all know BB would win it.

(which is a good thing, because the poor guy deserves to win at least SOMETHING this year, right?)

Also- completely unrelated- I found a new smiley face I've never seen before.  I am all over this one! 

"Marine License?  We don't need no stinkin' Marine License!"
    JustMatt
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 29
    RE: I'm calling you out Jimmy ! 2009/10/02 17:32:27 (permalink)
    I agree bb is for sure an "all around good guy" but I think we have all seen him with his head tilted a little but to one side or the other at one point.
    Mr.Jigs
    Expert Angler
    RE: I'm calling you out Jimmy ! 2009/10/02 20:14:32 (permalink)
    Ahhh! wise man Jimmy wise! My ole pappy always said "never take anothers bet when it sounds like a sure thing"
    and knowing the score before the game even starts, why it's 0 to 0

A lure drawing the first strike of an early morning, the strong tug on the end of your line, the excitement of a leaping fish... that,s livin large!
    KayderossZ
    Avid Angler
    RE: I'm calling you out Jimmy ! 2009/10/02 20:47:55 (permalink)
    Nice jigs! I'm glad you proposed that to Jimmy and not to me; I'd be out 4 dozen crawlers!

KayderossZ
    Avid Angler
    RE: I'm calling you out Jimmy ! 2009/10/04 19:22:37 (permalink)
    Enjoy your lunch Jimmy!

I was nerve racking at the end, but they got it done.

Mr.Jigs
    Expert Angler
    RE: I'm calling you out Jimmy ! 2009/10/04 19:32:49 (permalink)
    What you having for lunch jimmy?

jkbugger
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 211
    RE: I'm calling you out Jimmy ! 2009/10/04 19:34:22 (permalink)
    DA DENVER BRONCOS

"Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years."
    Charles Haas
    bassinbrian
    Expert Angler
    RE: I'm calling you out Jimmy ! 2009/10/04 19:34:31 (permalink)
    Pick a date Jimmy !

Watching the Cowboys is not good for my health !!
    Really, i don't get upset about anything at all, but watching the Cowboys play my BP gets a work out !!

We had a 10-0 lead, wnet away from the run, then Romo threw that pick on the 5yrd line. YIKES !!!
    They just blew it .... i give Denver's "D" a lot of credit. Recievers were never open and they really got to Romo.

Congrats to the 4-0 Broncos and the fans !!!

I tried to call jimmy when it was 10-10 with 6mins left.

BB

post edited by bassinbrian - 2009/10/04 19:37:31
    Mr.Jigs
    Expert Angler
    RE: I'm calling you out Jimmy ! 2009/10/04 19:36:17 (permalink)
    Giants 4-0 after today, Dallas and broncos hell of a defense from both teams tonight. A lot of calls both sides that I thought where pretty questionable though. 

hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6388
    RE: I'm calling you out Jimmy ! 2009/10/04 19:42:29 (permalink)
    But in the end they are 2-2 looks like the Blue are in controll of the east !!

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
    bassinbrian
    Expert Angler
    RE: I'm calling you out Jimmy ! 2009/10/04 19:43:03 (permalink)
    Giants 4-0 after today, Dallas and broncos hell of a defense from both teams tonight. A lot of calls both sides that I thought where pretty questionable though. 

I still hate the Giants , but they are playing very well and hope Eli is ok. I never want to anybody get hurt even if i don't like them.

As for questionable calls , not just this game but all games !! I can't believe some of the stuff that gets called
    Mr.Jigs
    Expert Angler
    RE: I'm calling you out Jimmy ! 2009/10/04 19:51:18 (permalink)
    Thats true BB they are realy crackin down on safety, and the calls are reflecting that now for sure no matter what team your for. How in the world can defense intimdate a reciever if he cant hit him anywhere but the chest? I'm all for safety but i think they can go to far. you have unessesary roughness and thats good and face masking wich is also good but dam pretty soon it willbe flag football.

Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    RE: I'm calling you out Jimmy ! 2009/10/06 10:21:53 (permalink)
    Wow- what a game, huh?

I wish I could have caught it live, but I got a 'wild hair' and drove out to fish with some buddies on Saturday evening...  I was on the river all day Sunday but I was still wondering what was happening on TV with the Broncos.

I have learned over the years, like many of you, that my team really sucks when I watch them.  So I wasn't feeling too bad about being out in the sunshine wailing on big fish all day instead of watching the Dallas/Denver game.

But when I got back to my phone in the evening I noticed a missed call from Bassin' Brian.  I was in full anxiety over the outcome of the game.  The fun thing was, I called Brian back to get the recap from HIM firsthand instead of running inside and flipping on ESPN.  I told Brian, "Don't lie to me about the score or anything, because I will be listening to the radio the whole drive home, you know."

Great too lil' Kyle Orton do a John Elway impersonation, and also see the Denver "D" stand up to a true test.

I think a nice win like week fours should be a nice springboard going into a VERY tough part of the Denver schedule.  But suddenly, the Chargers don't look so threatening this year.  Who knows what may happen!

Brian- let's do lunch this week.  How about Thursday?
    bassinbrian
    Expert Angler
    RE: I'm calling you out Jimmy ! 2009/10/06 11:18:06 (permalink)
    Thursday it is Jimmy ... bring your appietite buddy  
    Jump to: