The game comission

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
DanesDad
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3087
  • Reward points: 0
RE: The game comission 2009/09/20 20:53:12 (permalink)
Interestingly, in 2001 the percentage of stops that resulted in citations was 40.2%. But in 2008, it actually went down to 38.7%. So, that shows wardens are not attempting to line the coffers thru fines.

Now as far as they total number of stops being lower in 2008 than 2001, this does suggest that there are fewer hunters and fewer WCOs policing them. But, could it be that hunters are becoming more law abiding?
270wbmag
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 347
RE: The game comission 2009/09/21 06:39:27 (permalink)
quote" always unload my gun before leaning it against a tree"...this has to go to top of list for biggest lies ever told..how can some of you buy into this guy and what he says..???????  Mr.one shot, another lie probable..
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4417
RE: The game comission 2009/09/21 09:45:23 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Claypool313

Sorry to change subject, but this question is on the same lines.  It's about the permanent hunting camp roster for organized deer drives.  My friends and family get together in my uncle's garage of his primary residence to hunt the gun season.  From there we walk to where we conduct drives.  So is this considered a 'permanent hunting camp'?  I thought not, so we never filled out a roster.

The wording in this law without definition of 'camp' is leaving a lot to interpretation.

Here's my E-mail and the PGC responds to this question --

I understand the  requirement for a roster of hunters staying at a camp and for deer hunting or bear hunting from that camp
... and why it is useful...

here's the question..

if a bunch of guys meet at someones
house or in their garage is a roster needed ????

Thanks
Doc

Here's answer ---

Yes, a group hunting together from any physical location, house, garage, trailer, RV, camp, wall tent, whatever are required to have a roster.

Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: The game comission 2009/09/21 09:51:32 (permalink)
270.. thought you gave up ?????

knew you could not stop bashing..

why is it so hard to believe ...  #1 if you have followed my "stuff" as you claim you would know I do VERY VERY little walking now when hunting.. #2.. I sit in one place and usually am home by noon.. that's only 5 hours..
truth is I rarely have to use the woods as a bathroom.. and most time I lay the gun on the ground unless there's snow and usually I don't hunt in the snow either.

now you claim to know my bathroom habits ????

gheez.. get a LIFE !!!!
post edited by Dr. Trout - 2009/09/21 09:55:01
SPIKER
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 165
RE: The game comission 2009/09/21 10:19:34 (permalink)
to each his own.. I would never and have never shot at a running deer...

ORIGINAL: Dr. Trout

the doe came running out and I dropped the next deer out dead in what I thought was HIS tracks....  never looked at the head in my scope.. dead center on the chest and squeezed the trigger.... 

The deer must of came out and stopped cause you never shoot running deer right,why not check to see horns.

stupid.. stupid.. stupid...

Yes you are,and we dont need people like you in the woods IMO,hunters like you give the rest a bad name!

Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: The game comission 2009/09/21 10:34:22 (permalink)
I did not say the second deer came running out ????????????

gheeeez...

I think I'll take some folks advice and just leave this board  to folks like

270 and spiker so they can have it and bash each other..

GOOD BYE FOLKS !!!!

I've had enough..

maybe some will follow over to my board.. I sure don't need this ****....... 
post edited by Dr. Trout - 2009/09/21 10:40:19
SPIKER
Avid Angler
RE: The game comission 2009/09/21 10:45:23 (permalink)
You preach safety so much and turn around and say you shoot brown its down.You speak with forked tongue,and take stuff way to serius

Suck it up like a man,no need to leave!It was 20 years ago I guess,I can forgive ya.
SPIKER
Avid Angler
RE: The game comission 2009/09/21 10:50:48 (permalink)
And if you do leave dont leave because of me,you keep me entertained on here.I dont post much here,you by the way post alot.And I do like what you post,just some makes me contradict ya a little.Like I said above you shouldnt take it/me serius!
thedrake
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1948
RE: The game comission 2009/09/21 12:10:24 (permalink)
The game commission officers in this area seem to be fairly busy. I live close to the Blair county court house and see a game commission vehicle parked in front of the courthouse pretty often.
I've only been checked by the pgc once in my life. This happened when I was 17. I was scouting a section of gamelands with my brother in late August. We saw a good buck there while spotting the night before and decided to check it out. As we were leaving the parking area. A truck with 2 officers pulled in front of us to block our exit. One of them came to each side of the vehicle and they began to question us about why we were "hanging out" in a gamelands parking lot. We told them we were scouting and not hanging out. They didn't believe us. After not finding any alchohol or guns in the car they seemed confused and a little ****ed. They even made us open our thermos that we had coffee in to check it for booze.

They then stepped away from our car to have a private meeting. When the meeting was over, they told us "get out of here".

At that point I had no respect for pgc officers. They treated my brother and I like we were criminals. You'd think the game commission would be exited to see a couple of teenagers with enough interest in hunting that they would spend time scouting.

RhnstnCowboy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2583
RE: The game comission 2009/09/21 12:16:29 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: thedrake

The game commission officers in this area seem to be fairly busy. I live close to the Blair county court house and see a game commission vehicle parked in front of the courthouse pretty often.
I've only been checked by the pgc once in my life. This happened when I was 17. I was scouting a section of gamelands with my brother in late August. We saw a good buck there while spotting the night before and decided to check it out. As we were leaving the parking area. A truck with 2 officers pulled in front of us to block our exit. One of them came to each side of the vehicle and they began to question us about why we were "hanging out" in a gamelands parking lot. We told them we were scouting and not hanging out. They didn't believe us. After not finding any alchohol or guns in the car they seemed confused and a little ****ed. They even made us open our thermos that we had coffee in to check it for booze.

They then stepped away from our car to have a private meeting. When the meeting was over, they told us "get out of here".

At that point I had no respect for pgc officers. They treated my brother and I like we were criminals. You'd think the game commission would be exited to see a couple of teenagers with enough interest in hunting that they would spend time scouting.

I've had a number of similar experiences.

"Part of being a Leftist is the smug conviction that you and people like you are smart, while everyone else is stupid and/or evil"
- T. Fleming
DanesDad
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3087
RE: The game comission 2009/09/21 15:09:15 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: thedrake

They were probably deputies and not regular WCOs, I'll wager.
270wbmag
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 347
RE: The game comission 2009/09/21 18:05:05 (permalink)
trout, you leave yourself open for slams, never ever ever, leaned a gun against a tree, when you were younger??????  , there is no one out there who hunts that never leaned a gun against a tree, come on, and one shot for everydeer, give me a break dr, you just ask for it with comments like that..is your memory gone when you were a kid hunting or did you start in your fifty's?????   we all did stupid stuff when we were younguns, but leaning a gun against a tree loaded, not a smooth bark, but oak trees ect.. i sure won't miss you and your pro pgc crap  you post..
gary3414
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 70
RE: The game comission 2009/09/22 09:16:16 (permalink)
I get checked at least 5 times every year and sometimes more than once a day. I wish they would give out little stickers that say you were checked(like the i voted ones). The WCO'S were always polite and courteous. Had one try and catch us with our guns loaded after shooting hours but he got there 2 minutes early and said he was sorry for being there to soon and messing up our hunt. Had another check me and my 12 year old son"s licenses in a parking lot. As soon has he saw I was teaching my son to hunt,there was nothing he wouldn't do to help him. He told us where to go to hunt pheasants when the stocking truck broke down and had to be emptied before being towed. He would watch for our car, and be there to talk with us whenever he saw it.  Now the game commission it self should be overhauled but the WCO'S are just trying to do their job.
Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to: