Got my jig back on

Author
Mr.Jigs
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 352
  • Reward points: 0
2009/09/07 19:42:57 (permalink)

Got my jig back on

Well after striking out at JJ2 on the crappies then again at my honey hole I had to back up and rethink what the crappie where doin in this cooler weather, went with the wife today and got my jig back, had to move deeper and slow way down and get the on the deeper end. but I found them and had a realy good day.
sorry about the pics i need a better camera.

post edited by Mr.Jigs - 2009/09/07 19:43:37

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met

A lure drawing the first strike of an early morning, the strong tug on the end of your line, the excitement of a leaping fish... that,s livin large!

15 Replies Related Threads

Mr.Jigs
    Expert Angler
    RE: Got my jig back on 2009/09/07 19:47:12 (permalink)
    SamSung camera takes great movie pics but the still pics come out blury I have it on fine pics, not sure whats realy wrong with it. These pics you guys put up are awesome. so will be gettin new one soon. any suggestions to a good camera for under 250.00?

A lure drawing the first strike of an early morning, the strong tug on the end of your line, the excitement of a leaping fish... that,s livin large!
    KayderossZ
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 110
    RE: Got my jig back on 2009/09/07 19:55:31 (permalink)
    Nice slabs.  Looks like a good day out Jigs.  Nice work.

Showing up is 88% of life!
    hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6388
    RE: Got my jig back on 2009/09/07 20:43:49 (permalink)
    What a great forum, we got bassin, stripers, bluegills, perch, crappie, trout, carp, cats, pike ?, steelhead & salmon..
    Very nice Mr. Jigs.. you are the crappie king and a great asset to the forum.. Tell Z~ a bit about your long pole.

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
    Perch Inc.
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 707
    RE: Got my jig back on 2009/09/07 21:33:48 (permalink)
    Nice!!!! Jigs!!!!

Monster PERCH Rulz!!!
    Mr.Jigs
    Expert Angler
    RE: Got my jig back on 2009/09/07 21:46:12 (permalink)
    My long pole, well I was born with it and...... Oh , Oh, sorry you mean my long fishin pole, lol
    My casting crappie rig is 10' with a very limber tip makes it easier to catch the real light biters which with crappie is most of the time as well as cast a light 16th ounce jig a long ways. and my graphite telescopic 18ft'r is for the thick shore cover in the spring it lets me ease up close and drop a jig right on their heads in thick tree tops. lot of fun too.

New York Yank
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 479
    RE: Got my jig back on 2009/09/07 21:47:55 (permalink)
    Jigs thats a nice mess o crappie. I just was reading about a nice waterproof/shockproof camera for $300...I think it may have been a Canon Powershot D10.  If you plan on ice fishing..shockproof isn't a bad idea. Still, it's only rated for a 4 ft drop.  Better than the camera on my piece of crap Aqua-Vu, which shattered the first time I dropped it ice fishing.  There goes $250.
    Mr.Jigs
    Expert Angler
    RE: Got my jig back on 2009/09/07 21:55:48 (permalink)
    Yea thats pretty good price and Idea too, seeing thats how i lost my last two cameras by dropping them in the lake, one gettin out of the boat at the shore in about 2ft of water and the other fishin from shore in about 3 ft of water. Canaon an extra 50 bucks is well worth the extra safety. thx

deadfishred
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 293
    RE: Got my jig back on 2009/09/08 09:23:45 (permalink)
    holy crap, look at them crappies - they are freakin hub caps! NICE!!!
    bassinbrian
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 902
    RE: Got my jig back on 2009/09/08 09:53:42 (permalink)
    Sweet , nice pile of crappies Mr Jig !!!
    deadfishred
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 293
    RE: Got my jig back on 2009/09/08 10:55:06 (permalink)
    Mr jigs...about waterproof cameras, I have the pentax w60 (love it!) and the thing is that you need to get a little floaty thing for them. I had mine 3 days and dropped it down the hole ice fishing When I bought a new one, i got one of these so that would never happen again.

Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 798
    RE: Got my jig back on 2009/09/08 12:06:35 (permalink)
    Sweet Craps, Jigsie!  Those are some real BEAUTIES!!!

A good camera is tough to beat when it comes to the Great Outdoors...  I've been wanting a waterproof one for several years now, but I have yet to find one that takes great photos.  They seem to cheap out on the optics when it comes to 'rough and tumble' cameras- unless you want to drop a small fortune.

I have definately destroyed my fair share on the water over the years (the Gulf of Mexico is littered with cameras and other belongings that fell out of my chest pocket- I am convinced there is a virtual REEF of lost items in one particular bay where I used to anchor my houseboat).

For the past three years I have been using a Canon Powershot A540 and its takes some pretty killer photos.  The LCD screen was fianlly wiped out this winter when I stuck the camera in the same pocket as a screwdriver, but otherwise it still takes some great shots (just have to use the viewfinder now).  It may not be as slim and sleek as some of the smaller digitals out there, but it is not huge either.  Plenty small to fit in a pocket.

I've had plenty of tiny ones, but they fell by the wayside pretty quickly.

The newer version of my camera is the A590, and that is my next new one.  Canon really makes some great lenses, and even the NEW A590 is very affordable.  MSRP is around $130 or so.  Here is the lowdown on it:

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&fcategoryid=183&modelid=16336

I can only assume the quality is the same as my 'lesser model' Canon.  I must admit, as far as brands go- I will probably buy Canon for LIFE from now on.  Mine seems to handle moisture just fine- but I haven't DUNKED it or anything.

It takes photos like this though!

Mount Forraker at Denali National Park:

Liquid Refreshment In Neversink Gorge:

Late Summer Cannonball In the ADKs:

Northwest Bay Brook On Lake George:

"I love fishing. You put that line in the water and you don't know what's on the other end. Your imagination is under there" -Robert Altman
    REEL FORCE
    • Total Posts : 552
    RE: Got my jig back on 2009/09/08 16:24:32 (permalink)
    I need two things - a deep fryer - and to go to "Mr.Jigs School For Crappie" .... 
    hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6388
    RE: Got my jig back on 2009/09/08 18:39:14 (permalink)
    As Jimmy said I have been through a slew of non waterproof cameras until I kicked down the extra beans and bought this one.
    It's a Olympus Stylus 550 10 Mega pixel but let me stop there and say while it is indestructible the pictures do not look nearly as good as my other cameras. There fore I'd NOT recommend it.
    My one camera I loved that took the best pics was a Cannon and I'm not sure of the model but it was not much over $100.00
    I also used and abused (until they got wet) a few Kodak easy share cameras that took great pics' and under $100.
    My wife has a HP photo smart that takes real nice pics and also was under $100.

The only real advice I could give you from my end. There are better non waterproof cameras then waterproof ones.

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
    blitz42
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 258
    RE: Got my jig back on 2009/09/08 20:00:24 (permalink)
    nice!!! the top right ones looks kinda like a white
    Mr.Jigs
    Expert Angler
    RE: Got my jig back on 2009/09/08 20:05:55 (permalink)
    Good call Blitz We caught the blck crappies closer to the deep weeds and the whites suspended out from them. both where taking it on the down fall and then just sit there, had to realy watch my line as the jig fell almost never "felt" a bite just a slight twitch in the line and it would stop for a second and I would pull back on it.

Jump to: