OFF TOPIC: RACHEL ALEXANDRA

Author
New York Yank
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 479
  • Reward points: 0
2009/09/06 12:04:27 (permalink)

OFF TOPIC: RACHEL ALEXANDRA

I witnessed one of the all-time greats being coronated yesterday.  I even saw our own NEVERSINK JIMMY and his lovely lady friend Nora up there... two legends in one day!
Seriously though, I can't begin to say how special it is to have a 3 year old filly beat older males after already handling the other Triple Crown race winners. Suicidal fractions to the quarter couldn't even stop her. Greats such as Affirmed and Spectacular Bid couldn't win this race at 3 years old. (it should be mentioned that it was run 1/8 mile longer before 1981)
I believe this makes her greatest filly -EVER! 

PS  Saratoga Lake has some big fish in it.   Now it's a fishing posting.

1 Reply Related Threads

Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 798
    • Reward points: 0
    RE: OFF TOPIC: RACHEL ALEXANDRA 2009/09/08 10:46:24 (permalink)
    Yes, Saratoga Lake surely holds some monsters....

And yes, Nora surely is a lovely lady...

And yes, Rachel Alexandra surely made history at Saratoga Race Course on Saturday afternon!

What a race!

I have hit the track at Saratoga for well over 20 years now and I don't think that I have *EVER* heard a crowd as loud as I did during the final stretch of the Woodward Stakes.  The place was going NUTS!  And it stayed nuts for about twenty minutes afterwards!

It was great bumping into you (twice) Yank...  I ended up $40+ over on the day and Nora came back with a few extra bucks too.  The most pleasant surprise was when we strolled down to Broadway after the races and walked right into the "Final Stretch Music Festival" downtown.  Bands on every corner and in every alley.

What an awesome way to wrap up the 2009 racing season at the country's oldest track.  History for sure.

Here's a look at Rachel on her way to the race:

And here she is about twenty minutes later, on her way to another win over 'the Boys'....  It was a close one!

Jump to: