Hot weather trip

Author
Mr.Jigs
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 352
  • Reward points: 0
2009/08/16 00:29:10 (permalink)

Hot weather trip

Well after workin in the heat and humidity all week, didnt feel like roasting on the lake so took the wife and made a road trip to Hartford CT to see that Cabelas store. The aquarium was cool as well as the mountain of animals mounted every where. took 2 hrs to get there 3 in store gettin stuff ready for JJ2 and 2 home. got an extra boat seat so anyone fishin with me wouldnt have to sit on the bench so to speak.  

A lure drawing the first strike of an early morning, the strong tug on the end of your line, the excitement of a leaping fish... that,s livin large!

3 Replies Related Threads

hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6388
    RE: Hot weather trip 2009/08/16 08:31:33 (permalink)
    cool MJ. I went there once when they first opened. Also my first attempt at using a road gps
    I'll tell you at JJII. I really liked the place, the fly shop was weak and they don't have everything thats in their catalog but way better then that joke Gander mt. I was like a kid in a candy store and spent a few $$$. and also got 10 lbs of real lead sinkers

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
    Mr.Jigs
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 352
    RE: Hot weather trip 2009/08/16 10:09:18 (permalink)
    Right on the money Tuna, The crappie jigs was way short of what I thought they would have and the fly fishin was sad. rods and reel selection was good as well as the hunting. What is up with those $$$$YO SHURI $$$ or what ever the name lures!!!?? $19.00 and even $24.00 bucks for a single crank bait? what do they go out and grab fish by the neck and bring them back? geeze thats way to high.

A lure drawing the first strike of an early morning, the strong tug on the end of your line, the excitement of a leaping fish... that,s livin large!
    Perch Inc.
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 707
    RE: Hot weather trip 2009/08/18 23:52:53 (permalink)
    It's a nice store!!  Just wish it wasn't a three hr ride!!! Did you see the SIZE of the CRAPPIES in that tank!!!!

Monster PERCH Rulz!!!
    Jump to: