Not Much

Author
salmotrutta
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2132
  • Reward points: 0
2009/08/15 18:05:10 (permalink)

Not Much

Not much happening here. I am back on shift work which means I always seem too **** tired to fish much.
I took the family where my fav. stream empties into the Connodoguinet on Tuesday (day off) for some fishing/exploring. I caught some Sunnies, Fall fish & the Biggest Dace I've ever seen. It was as big as a small Stocker Rainbow.
Unfortunately I didn't have a camera on hand as my oldest boy & I were exploring up stream.
The place is an old Indian trail/fording spot. The kids dug Something up out in the middle while trying out their new swimming goggles. Turned out to be an old Horse drawn wagon wheel. The middle & spokes were gone, but the metal ring & inside wood it still there. It was as if they split a sapling down the middle & sectioned it around. The thing is not squared off on the sides or middle. Really cool to see the knots & all sticking up.
We also found some old crockery pieces & shards of plates, one with Dutch painting.
I found an old clay pipe there once.
It was a nice day of exploring, but I didn't catch a Trout- which is always a let down.

Lyrical

1 Reply Related Threads

Lochswa
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 108
    • Reward points: 0
    RE: Not Much 2009/08/15 23:44:46 (permalink)
    Sounds like fun Salmo. Quality time with family is good. Kids will always
    remember stuff like that :)

Jump to: