Slow day with Santa Saturday

Author
bassinbrian
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 902
  • Reward points: 0
2009/08/03 10:16:55 (permalink)

Slow day with Santa Saturday

I joined Paul sat in search of some bass, we hit the water by 5:30am and stuck it out until 1:00 or so. In total only like 6 fish made it to the boat.  Nothing of any size at all.

Typical August fishing i guess. It really got crazy in the start of Sept last year. Hope they start a week early for JJII

Still had a great day with Paul out there on the water, and it was great weather day.

BB

5 Replies Related Threads

Mr.Jigs
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 352
    RE: Slow day with Santa Saturday 2009/08/03 17:24:06 (permalink)
    I dont know about up here. But south of the "Macon Dixon" come August we start night fishin more. Had a lot more action after dark in august. do they bass fish much at night up here? or does it make a difference here at night?

A lure drawing the first strike of an early morning, the strong tug on the end of your line, the excitement of a leaping fish... that,s livin large!
    deadfishred
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 293
    RE: Slow day with Santa Saturday 2009/08/04 09:15:43 (permalink)
    Night fishing is not common up here at all. Even the places where you would expect to see night fisherman - popular walleye and bass lakes - there is usually not one person fishing at night. The only time I see very many people night fishing is for walleyes through the ice...thats about it. Night fishing does work well...my PB smallie (21.5") came at night a few years ago.
    Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 798
    RE: Slow day with Santa Saturday 2009/08/04 09:27:13 (permalink)
    First sign of the Apocolypse:

Bassin' Brian and Santaman team up in "Lunkerville" and catch "nothing of size at all".

I foresee a serious****whipping coming to Ballston Lake or one of their secondary choices real soon.

Someone (or some bass) is going to have to pay for this!

"I love fishing. You put that line in the water and you don't know what's on the other end. Your imagination is under there" -Robert Altman
    bassinbrian
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 902
    RE: Slow day with Santa Saturday 2009/08/04 11:31:13 (permalink)
    LOL Jimmy ... actually it was Ballston , and i'm starting to get the shakes , big bass withdrawls  ... might be time to get back to Lunkerville this weekend.
    Mr.Jigs
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 352
    RE: Slow day with Santa Saturday 2009/08/04 22:30:14 (permalink)
    Wow Dead! I am surprized to hear that. night fishin, especially top water can be some of the greatest times. those gulp buckets come off the bottom and out of the thickets at night as well. the hotter the weather and the greater the boat activity in the day the better the night fishin. It's just something about having a to water lure u can only hear come acroos the water you cant see and hear an explosion of water.... every one in the boat sets the hook lol.All though I use a moon glow light now or black light. makes it easier.
    post edited by Mr.Jigs - 2009/08/04 22:31:16

A lure drawing the first strike of an early morning, the strong tug on the end of your line, the excitement of a leaping fish... that,s livin large!
    Jump to: