High water crappie

Author
Mr.Jigs
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 352
  • Reward points: 0
2009/08/02 15:25:15 (permalink)

High water crappie

Well got to the lake before daylight and new i was in for a tough time soon as I pulled into the launch site. There lookin at me where about 12 or 15 people already there launchin boats. Bass tournament! which was cool but I knew it would throw a monkey in my plans. and sure enough all three of my crappie holes had a bass boat parked on it. Sooooooo I went huntin more spots, the high water didnt help or the dead calm, but I stuck it out and managed 10 or 12 crappie, 4 bass in the 2lb range a chian pick about 3 lbs and a few gills. ended up a nice time put a gill and two crappies in the aqaurium released the bass and pick and kept these.not many but will make a good lunch.
plus an exiting morning here, a BIG black bear came across the yard and then swam a little pond by our field I'd say maybe 3 or 4 hundred lbs, and sure enough my camera battery dead as a door nail wich sucks! I know you all prob see them up there a lot but we dont down here much.
[image]local://22726/C4085DE14BF4480FB86071540B072097.jpg[/image]
post edited by Mr.Jigs - 2009/08/02 15:30:17

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met

A lure drawing the first strike of an early morning, the strong tug on the end of your line, the excitement of a leaping fish... that,s livin large!

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to: