bass at rays

Author
curtisb733
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 29
  • Reward points: 0
2009/06/29 10:50:25 (permalink)

bass at rays

Hello guys Going to rays on the 13th. Can any one give me a place to put the boat in for bass? Boat lauch would be nice..lol Just passing thru for the day, if fishing is good will stay over night. Can I stay on lake over night? Or stay in my truck bed over night? I live on cookies so place to eat very close by would be nice? Thank you very much for your help.

The Mountain man

6 Replies Related Threads

hiclassHilbilly
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1052
    RE: bass at rays 2009/06/29 20:18:50 (permalink)
    what species of bass?  Large, smallmouth or striped?

I cant help you with any of them, since I have never fished it, but it will help get you responces.

Also, you might want to post your question in the South Central region page.

"A Homewood man led police on an hourlong car chase that ended with a crash injuring three officers.

"The car was driving itself," Wright said. "The car has a GPS. It's a Lincoln Navigator. They drive themselves. I wasn't running nowhere."
    hiclassHilbilly
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1052
    RE: bass at rays 2009/06/29 20:19:25 (permalink)
    wow, I am retarded, this is the south central. haha... i thought I clicked on the South West page....

"A Homewood man led police on an hourlong car chase that ended with a crash injuring three officers.

"The car was driving itself," Wright said. "The car has a GPS. It's a Lincoln Navigator. They drive themselves. I wasn't running nowhere."
    Berk
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 112
    RE: bass at rays 2009/06/30 03:02:14 (permalink)
    shy beaver is alright for largemouth some parts of the inlet are really weedy.  u can eat in saxton theres lots of places there
    AKKingBuster
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 32
    RE: bass at rays 2009/06/30 20:49:37 (permalink)
    Hi Curtis

Raystown has plenty of bass but is a tough lake to fish due to the large amount of baitfish and the deep water.  There is several places to launch a boat on the lake with the closest to the dam being Snyder's run which is just outside of Huntingdon.  There is numerous restaraunts in Huntingdon from fast food to homecooked meals.  Going south on route 26 you can launch at Seven points which is only about 6-8miles from Huntingdon. Continuing south next is Aitch boat launch in Marklesburg no food there but fishing is good.  About two miles south turn left onto Fouse's crossing and follow it to James Creek Launch. If you go out of Aitch James creek will be on your right.  Back on rt 26 and just a few more miles down the road at flashing light turn left onto 829 (Entriken) follow it and you will come to the lake and Lake Raystown Resort. Go past the resort and turn left and it will lead you to Tatman run launch.  Back on rt 26 the next launch is Shy Beaver at Cherrytown.  Eats and Treats is only food there.  The only other launch is Weaver's Falls just outside Saxton.  This is where the Raystown branch of the Juniata turns into Lake Raystown.  Saxton has two Italian restaraunts, Bubba's and the OIP and a family restaraunts called Jed's.  There is also the Saxton Market which is our local grocery store.  It has a deli and Bakery to assist with your cookie fix. You can sleep on your boat on the lake, but I don't think that they allow camping in the parking areas.  I know that this is way more info than you were looking for but thought I would give you all of your options.  Good luck fishing and let us know what you think of Raystown country.
    curtisb733
    New Angler
    RE: bass at rays 2009/07/03 11:20:49 (permalink)
    Thank you all very much. Sleeping on the lake is great. I can fish all thru the night and get a nap to drive home the next afternoon. I fish for all bass and I do not exclude pan fish which are great fun when bass are slow. A light trout pole, small lures, what a way to go. I also get big bass on small offerings, they drop softly on the water near the shore. I fish and live here at lake wallemnpaupack and catch more big bass on small lures. I use 1/8 rooster tails (caddis fly green), #5 floating rapala, original and trout color. Last fish to catch in pa is a stripper. I dont spend enough time looking for them but I plan on it this summer and fall. I just got laid off so have plenty of time to do so. Wish I could get a job not catching fish,,,,,would be a millionaire..tight lines
    post edited by curtisb733 - 2009/07/03 11:23:17

The Mountain man
    curtisb733
    New Angler
    RE: bass at rays 2009/07/16 14:48:52 (permalink)
    Went to raystown at marklesburg. I got a warning ticket for not paying $3 fee(wish I would have known where to pay it)I fished from 10 AM till 8:30PM. I caugth two crappie, 1-10" 1-14" 2lb. NICE FISH!!! I caught 8 lg mouth bass, 7 were 12" 1LB. 1 was 16 1/2 " 4 LB Beautiful fish and great time on the lake. I love it, so clean and fresh. I got burned a little but worth it. Thank you for your help all whom posted here.

The Mountain man
    Jump to: