River

Author
wrinkleneck30
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 21
  • Reward points: 0
2009/06/28 11:40:35 (permalink)

River

Nice to see a post regarding the river conditions. I do most of my fishing south of Middletown near Falmouth. Haven't been able to get out much due to the high water. I had a great year last year for walleye and catfish. What happened to the bass though? I seldom catch any even using hellgramites. Anyone having any luck out there?

There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.

3 Replies Related Threads

Eekie
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 48
    RE: River 2009/06/28 15:36:58 (permalink)
    I fish the same area as you. I fish from around the Maytown area up to Harrisburg.  I just started fishing mainly for 'eyes since the bass fishing has been so bad for the past few years. How's your luck with the walleyes?  I'm hitting the river tomorrow after work so I guess we'll see how things go.

I got a bunch of French military rifles for sale...NEVER fired and only dropped once.
    wrinkleneck30
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 21
    RE: River 2009/07/01 17:09:02 (permalink)
    So I take it there was a good population in this area in past years. I grew up fishing the Susky around Sunbury/Lewisburg area. We'd always go kick Hellgrammites and have a blast catching smallmouth bass. Since I've moved down here, I may have only caught 10 in 3 years!
    I don't have a boat(hopefully next year), so I do my fishing on foot. I have pretty good luck when the water is low and I can hit my honey holes. I've only been out a handful of times this year. I've managed to catch one nice walleye (20 in or so) and a lot of average ones. Last year I caught some hogs around TMI.
    How did you make out the other day?

There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.
    Eekie
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 48
    RE: River 2009/07/01 21:39:40 (permalink)
    Fishing wasn't really great.  I lost one (assumed walleye) but that was because I got snagged two casts earlier and pulled it free, but dummy me didn't look at my jig....needless to say I straighten the hook and didn't notice it until after I lost the fish. I had it hooked for about 5 seconds and that was it.  There was a guy and his son fishing a bit up river and they had two decent catfish and the one guy beside me had released an 18" walleye.  The bass fishing isn't too horrible around Harrisburg but it's not like it was 10-15 years ago when every fifth or six cast would produce a smallie, so I guess I use that as a benchmark to judge the fishing now.

I too am confined to the bank or my buddy's boat for now. I'm worrking on my boat right now (new floors, seats, etc.) I wanted it done for this year but my work schedule slowed the process down abit.  I should be able to get back on it next week.  I fished below TMI for the first time this past MArch on the last day of Walleye but didn't catch anything.  I did see a guy string up two 20" 'eyes but the fishing was slow since those were his only fish in about 5 hours.  If you get a chance, shoot me an email and we'll swap some fishing holes?

I got a bunch of French military rifles for sale...NEVER fired and only dropped once.
    Jump to: