Author
BrookTrout26
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 203
  • Reward points: 0
2009/05/29 00:42:25 (permalink)

Pekin Run

Figured I'd throw this up.

Place is completely sh*t from what it was 10 yrs. ago. Caught a few native brookies and seen some leftover trouser trout. Actually nice sized stockies. Nothing huge but nice. Really disappointed in this stream. And me and my bro. fly-fished close to 2miles of this stream. Watch out for the rattles.

2 Replies Related Threads

double00
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 9
    RE: Pekin Run 2009/06/11 11:37:12 (permalink)
    Last year, found acid mine drainage leaking into the stream about halfway down from the first bridge to the mouth. Looked real bad: stream bed covered, red tint to water. No fish save from some stockies who moved into the 1st few holes of the creek from the North Fork. No sure about between the bridges, but sounds like you experienced the same program. Too bad. Could have been a nice stream.
    dstewart
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 90
    RE: Pekin Run 2009/06/14 13:17:19 (permalink)
    i was there on the first day of trout and did quite well i enjoy that stream   smaller and gets few fishermen compared to other streams  was there a couple other times during last summer and was pleased with the amount of fish still there. now i never fished it 10 years ago but i still think its a nice stream to fish.
    Jump to: