Manatawny Creek

Author
2Bonthewater
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 651
  • Reward points: 0
2009/05/15 09:12:41 (permalink)

Manatawny Creek

The state stocked on the 13th........fished with the kids in the morning on the 14th....they each caught one before the rains came........

I fished the evening........SULPHURS were a poppin........and the fish were chomping on the emerging mayfly.......they were going nuts........they would not take duns or spinners.........I chomped down a dry fly sulphur and tied it off a beadhead and holy cow batman.........I was swinging the rig and you could see WAKES of water chasing the tiny yellow fly ........it was hysterical...........had a blast.........it is only going to get better !!!!

There were 3 guys fishing with dead minnows.........they were catching fish on almost every cast......seemed to be nice fellas......but I think I have met my quota on the F-Word for the next 10 years !!!!!

www.2bonthewater.com

1 Reply Related Threads

dano
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2974
    • Reward points: 0
    RE: Manatawny Creek 2009/05/20 07:56:52 (permalink)
    Nice report, 2B
    Funny thing, I did the same thing today on a local creek that was stocked the day before. Helped some teenagers through the day then hit the water a bit later. It was the march browns that were hatching through the day.
    It was too easy, I almost felt guilty. Fish were fighting for a piece of the fly.
    Had that same swinging and wake you talk about. Nice sized fish this year.
    The kids ended up hanging all my March Browns in the trees. It was the first time all three of them had caught fish on top. I told them to enjoy the moment. These fish will smarten up quickly.
    One kid was pretty talented for a newbie. Nice cast and all with that Kmart rod.

Jump to: