Won't Be Long Now

Author
hot tuna
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 6388
  • Reward points: 0
2009/04/29 20:37:21 (permalink)

Won't Be Long Now

Frost warnings tonight!!!!  Those Lakes will be frozen over in no time !!!

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen

6 Replies Related Threads

Perch Inc.
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 707
    RE: Won't Be Long Now 2009/04/30 00:32:54 (permalink)
    Tuna, you BORED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Monster PERCH Rulz!!!
    Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 798
    RE: Won't Be Long Now 2009/04/30 13:56:17 (permalink)
    I've still got my auger and tip ups sitting in my Game Room next to the pool table...

Maybe I should keep them there closer at hand just in case?

The funny thing is that after last year's Striper Run I hung up some Sabikis (temporarily) from a door jam in my living room to keep them from getting tangled.  Once this season rolled around, guess where the rigs were?

Yep- still hanging in the living room...  Pretty pathetic, but at least they were convenient!

P.S.:  I do not recommend hanging six ridiculously sharp hooks from your living room walls if you own pets or have small children...  It was hrad to explain why a cute chick leaning against my La-Z-Boy ended up with a sabiki embedded in her sweater.  Whoops...  I thought it might be a good ploy to get the sweater off her, but no dice!
    eagleed
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 425
    RE: Won't Be Long Now 2009/05/01 09:13:52 (permalink)
    Tuna:

When you said it won't be long now I thought you had a accident while trolling.
    Still some snow/ice up on Pee Pee Pond so I'm going after that hugh pike that got away in February.

Eagle Ed
    hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6388
    RE: Won't Be Long Now 2009/05/01 15:51:26 (permalink)
    Are you serious ?
    Ice has been out... There is no Ice left on lakes or ponds even at 2500'..... Show me some pic's

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
    eagleed
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 425
    RE: Won't Be Long Now 2009/05/03 11:00:10 (permalink)
    Why are Tuna so easy to catch???   My post was a joke about ice on Pee Pee Pond!  Cool your jets!

Eagle Ed
    Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 798
    RE: Won't Be Long Now 2009/05/05 13:51:39 (permalink)
    It's no problem fellas... 

Those big Esox are all removed via electroshocking on May 1st and then placed in an ultra-secure vault at the DEC headquarters in downtown Albany until that little puddle freezes again in December.  The underground bunker is accessible only by top-level Biologists who conduct secret experiments to better understand why those fish are so large and sneaky...  Mosr documents are highly classified until the year 2012, so I can't reveal any more information than I already have.

The pike and tigers are apparently replaced with tiny bluegills and yellow perch so that the summertime campers at the pond can swim without fear of dismemberment...  After that small baby was seen getting towed around the rock island by it's little legs in the summer of 1989 the idea of Tiger stockings was reconsidered :)

Trust me on this one, fellas...  The "****er" is not worthy of a road trip after May 1st...

But some of those other local lakes sure are!

Next hardwater season's second trip of the year should be a group outing to this mythical and mysterious waterbody...  Right after wa ll head to Loon Lake again to kick off the ice season.

But for now- it's all about streamer flies, crappie jigs and dreams of big ol' Bucketheads in June...

Happy May, fellas!!!
    Jump to: