WENT FOR A RIDE TODAY

Author
chicken27
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 763
  • Reward points: 0
2009/03/29 21:29:53 (permalink)

WENT FOR A RIDE TODAY

I went for a ride today to see if i could see any birds.I saw 5 different groups the first group was 1 lb and 3 jakes,2nd group was 3 lbs and 11 jakes,3rd group was 4 jakes.4th group was 2 lbs 7 jakes and the fifth group was 5 lbs.Where is all the hens at i never saw a one 2day?

2 Replies Related Threads

DanesDad
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3087
    RE: WENT FOR A RIDE TODAY 2009/03/30 14:13:14 (permalink)
    They seem to be hanging out seperately around here.
    MuskieBabe
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 112
    RE: WENT FOR A RIDE TODAY 2009/04/07 23:02:36 (permalink)
    ive been watchin birds for two months now, cambria, clearfield, indiana counties. up until, lets say beginning of march, they've been flocked up, a lot of chasing n fighting, gobbler vs gobbler, hen vs hen. maech 17th saw long beard breeding a hen, with two other hens feeding nearby. in last ten years, this is the latest ive noticed the first breeding, the earliest being january with snow on the ground a few years ago. durring the last two weekends, ive been seeing  groups of jakes and long beards together, couple LB's following hens and lots of struttin, also theyve been shuttin up when they hit the ground. i'de have to say that breeding is full swing in those areas. this evening in wv, saw 5 total LB's, 2, 1, 2. all where without hens, being that its cold out, i think those particular birds where either subordinates, or there hens are sittin on eggs. either way, no hens where present. i roosted the last two, and only heard the two birds fly up after they left a power line struttin. no gobbles from the roost. also april 3rd took a ride to other side of saltsburg, saw amny turkeys struttin in the heavy rain, all had hens. think what you want, but theyre breedin now...   
    Jump to: