Bowfishing season is coming!!

Author
krott243
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 954
  • Reward points: 0
2007/03/28 12:12:04 (permalink)

Bowfishing season is coming!!

I've been waiting for it all year.  Anyone else bowfish for carp?

4 Replies Related Threads

frost
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 437
    RE: Bowfishing season is coming!! 2007/03/29 01:16:42 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: krott243

I've been waiting for it all year.  Anyone else bowfish for carp?

i have 2 already with the bow.  i started last year with some of my friends and just cant get enough of it.  my mom cant stand me.  "you just cant do one type of fishing or hunting, no you have to do it all and spend all you money."  i just tell her, the more im out side fishing or hunting, the more im out of her hair, she gave me $100 and said here's to get some other type of hunting or fishing stuff, if you need more just let me know.  i guess she's fine with me doing all these new things.

what do you do with the fish you get? 

The worst day hunting or fishing will always be better then the best day at school or work!
    krott243
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 954
    RE: Bowfishing season is coming!! 2007/03/29 07:39:54 (permalink)
    I either keep them and use them for fertilizer down at my camp, or I hunt coyotes over them, sometimes I give them to the zoo.

The Lord has blessed us all today... It's just that he has been particularly good to me.
    Jim_R
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 112
    RE: Bowfishing season is coming!! 2007/04/13 09:26:21 (permalink)
    Where do you bowfish for them?  Do you use a boat, or walk the shorelines?  I have an old Darton I'v been thinking about converting for bowfishing, but don't really know much about it.

Krott- when you use them for coyote bait, do you hunt over it from a stand and wait, or do you call them in to it sounding like another yote?

Jim_R

"There is certainly something in angling that tends to produce a serenity of the mind."

"The angling fever is a very real disease and can only be cured by the application of cold water and fresh, untainted air."
    frost
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 437
    RE: Bowfishing season is coming!! 2007/04/15 23:44:26 (permalink)
    i do both, i walk the shore and i use a boat.  go anywhere where theres shallows especially in the evenings and you'll find them.  i have done the best at night with a spotlight.

The worst day hunting or fishing will always be better then the best day at school or work!
    Jump to: