Trail Camera For Turkeys

Author
SteelieWheelie
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 991
  • Reward points: 0
2009/02/21 09:15:39 (permalink)

Trail Camera For Turkeys

Do you guys ever usse your trail cam's to scoout before the seaseon starts..im gunna do it this year..anything special that u guys do except strap the camera to a tree??

Early to bed
Early to rise
Fish like hell
And make up lies!

3 Replies Related Threads

S-10
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5185
    RE: Trail Camera For Turkeys 2009/02/21 10:39:15 (permalink)
    It's really a low percentage affair unless your baiting them.
    RELAYER
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 465
    RE: Trail Camera For Turkeys 2009/02/21 12:27:59 (permalink)
    All I do is get up on a hillside before daybreak and just listen,listen,listen. I don't believe in calling to them whether it be hen calls or shock calls just don't believe in messing with them. WAY too many guys F with them before the season starts be it videoing or calling. Numerious times I would be listening and hear a car pull up down in the valley,car turns off door opens and shuts and then you hear YAK YAK YAK car door opens and shuts car starts pulls down the road a little and the same crap happens again,they may get them to gobble 1 time but that's about it. I just shake my head and can't believe how stupied some people really are!!!!!!!!!!!!
    SteelieWheelie
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 991
    RE: Trail Camera For Turkeys 2009/02/21 14:23:36 (permalink)
    yeah exactly what i go thru..im gunna put the camera out once or twice before the seaon..i hate when im on the junior hunt calling in birds and a car pulls off the road...calls..hears the bird..calls some more..gets in the car and leaves..then opening day the woods are full of guys..i had a guy try to call in my decoy one year..he called all morning..it was hilarious..i watched him all morning..untiul i got up and picked up my decoys

Early to bed
    Early to rise
    Fish like hell
    And make up lies!
    Jump to: