Chautauqua Lake

Author
bowhuntnsteve
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 193
  • Reward points: 0
2009/02/04 20:57:30 (permalink)

Chautauqua Lake

Thinking about heading to Chautauqua Lake this weekend, never fished there before. Has anyone gone and had a good trip(s)? I heard today from my buddy who used to ice fish that his friends are doing well there going to Mayville & stopped coming here to the Bay to fish because how poor its been.

1 Reply Related Threads

Bogeyjoker
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1704
    • Reward points: 0
    RE: Chautauqua Lake 2009/02/04 21:16:05 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: bowhuntnsteve

Thinking about heading to Chautauqua Lake this weekend, never fished there before. Has anyone gone and had a good trip(s)? I heard today from my buddy who used to ice fish that his friends are doing well there going to Mayville & stopped coming here to the Bay to fish because how poor its been.

Yep, the perch bite is hot right now, and probably will be through ice out.  Target Mayville in the weeds 6-8 fow, or Long Point 25-40 fow.  Maple Springs and the Bell Tower are your best bet for the perch and walleye combo.  You'll have to sort through a lot of 7-9" perch to get a fair number of keepers, and deeper water has been holding larger, on average, fish.  Lots of snow on the ice.  Pulling/walking has been tough, but this weekend's rain should help.  Good luck.
    Jump to: