Ice Fishing

Author
2Bonthewater
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 651
  • Reward points: 0
2009/01/15 13:20:01 (permalink)

Ice Fishing

Hit Antietam Lake yesterday.............caught a few trout--all on the large size--lost one that was probably 17-18 inches at the hole........caught a few gills and some yellow perch...........didn't drill nowhere near the amount of holes normally drilled........think I drilled 6 holes with a 4.5 inch Nils auger.......the smaller blade was much easier than with my 7 inch Mora....the shoulder didn't care much for it.........
Ice thickness was about 3 inches..........

I was told Deep Creek Lake might be open for ice fishing this upcoming weekend..........I was told that the trout stocked there were nicer than what was put into Antietam.........

good luck fellas

www.2bonthewater.com

2 Replies Related Threads

pafisher
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3000
    RE: Ice Fishing 2009/01/17 23:51:33 (permalink)
    2B,why not go to "Bills" place and catch them on flies?That stream never freezes,and no augers needed.
    Looks like a heat wave next week,one day above 32 forecasted for the week.
    ANNNND......GO EAGLES!
    2Bonthewater
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 651
    RE: Ice Fishing 2009/01/19 10:14:23 (permalink)
    heat wave........just shelled out over 300 bucks to heating guy........back to back days at my house........my house was a balmy 54 degrees on friday...........got it fixed............then my house was a sultry 50 degrees saturday morning...............got it fixed and now the house is warm..............it was like -5 degrees outside my  house on saturday morning............not a good time for something to go wrong with the furnace..........

I might hit bill's fish in a week or two.........I'm moving shortly................I should be out here by late February.........

I love ice fishing...........its a blast...............I have learned that if you wait for a little bit and don't head out first thing in the morning---you can find abandoned holes that you can fish............no drilling whatsoever............

Eagles.............I was ice fishing while the first half played out............they scored two touchdowns by the time I left the lake and got home.............then another as I walked in the door.............

GO STEELERS  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Been a steelers fan since I was like 5 years old.............what a hard hitting game that was yesterday............

www.2bonthewater.com
    Jump to: