How do you keep others out of your tree stand?

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
bingsbaits
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5026
  • Reward points: 0
RE: How do you keep others out of your tree stand? 2009/01/02 07:27:23 (permalink)
Gonna take your ball and go home.. Heard that before....Wish I had the time to do a search Doc. I could get you to contradict yourself..Mabee you could argue with yourself..Miight make for some good reading...

quote//
I think I just posted that the PGC is not really interested in getting involved in patroling private property that is posted... and again they have no reason to be concerned.... that's a state police problem but you are right they don't really want  to get invloved either....

Back to the subject at hand...I pulled one of my stands yesterday..Some zero had been using it and burnt a 6 inch hole in the carpet. Now what would possess some moron to try and burn the carpeting of a tree stand ?

What about all the tresspassing slob hunters breaking game laws..Pgc still needs to enforce the game code don't they..If not Iwant a big piece of posted ground to do as I please on..Game laws be ****ed the PGC doesn't patrol posted property....THat what you sayin DR. Troot??
post edited by bingsbaits - 2009/01/02 07:30:18

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4417
RE: How do you keep others out of your tree stand? 2009/01/02 10:02:25 (permalink)
Game laws be ****ed the PGC doesn't patrol posted property....THat what you sayin DR. Troot??

Nope.... sure wish you would learn to READ my posts.... and stop "trolling" just to see your name on the board....

I never said they did not PATROL private property for game law violations...

in fact they do just the opposite...ask some private land owners around here that got busted on opening day of archery for having bait out..... and the 8 non- residents that will have over $20,000 in fines for their illegal deer....

what I said was.... now bing --- you slow down here.... and read carefully....

....The PGC is not really concerned with enforcing tresspassing laws..... it is not their "field" it is a State Police matter...

now did you read that right ????? or will I have to come back again and correct you ?????????????

GHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ..... some guys .........
carpin05
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 830
RE: How do you keep others out of your tree stand? 2009/01/02 14:45:55 (permalink)
I have a stand on private not posted property,The stand has been in the same tree for 3 yrs,I did'nt mind someone in it till i got there one day to find 12 cig butts under it, I was ****ed, after that every deer that come through would look up at me!!!!
I'll be moving!!!
treesparrow
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 651
RE: How do you keep others out of your tree stand? 2009/01/02 23:04:16 (permalink)
Even the best hunter spooks deer. The more human activity around a stand the more the deer get on to it.
  Here is one for you guys. This bear season on property I own with a partner some lowgrade showed his colors. We have a little 5x5 stand on a big rock. There was snow and my partner walked up to the shanty upon seeing a persons tracks entering and leaving the shanty. My partner went in to see if anything was amiss. This lowgrade had spit his tobacco on the floor. Im talking his whole chew. Now we leave our land open to hunters and have to put up with this. I still cant fathom some peoples ways.
clamshell
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 45
RE: How do you keep others out of your tree stand? 2009/01/04 20:13:12 (permalink)
I know most won't believe me, but every single time I've caught someone in my tree stand and I threatened to kill them because of it, they left.
bulldog1
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5203
RE: How do you keep others out of your tree stand? 2009/01/16 12:02:29 (permalink)
Sorry if someone already posted this idea, I was too lazy to read the whole thread. I use a piece of plywood cut to a little wider than the ladder 8' long, drill two holes and chain it to the front of the ladder and pad lock it. It's easy to take down and set aside and will keep people out.
Bull Lifter
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 407
RE: How do you keep others out of your tree stand? 2009/01/18 20:43:46 (permalink)
hm interesting that i read this now, at gandermountain they do the same idea with a piece of graded metal and zip tie it, same idea though.
Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to: