Another Slide Show

Author
HookLineSinker
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 322
  • Reward points: 0
2008/11/26 20:24:49 (permalink)

Another Slide Show

Since this is the new cool thing to do. Pictures are scattered from the past few years. Most of my fishing is done alone, so most fish don't get photographed.

http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g75/LillianLizStellaDoug/Fishing/?albumview=slideshow
post edited by HookLineSinker - 2008/11/26 20:35:25

When hell freezes over, I'll fish there too.

7 Replies Related Threads

Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 798
    RE: Another Slide Show 2008/11/27 00:26:21 (permalink)
    Hey now Brother!

Sweet fish, man...  Did those monster browns come from the Catskill reservoirs?  They have those crazy 'sawbelly packed'  bellies on 'em!!!

Nice to see some ice shots too- I am getting pretty fired up for the season ahead.  I had the tip-ups out tonight to check 'em out and rewrite my name on 'em and stuff.

Not sure if SNYDERS will ever freeze but I can't wait to get over to Glass, Grafton Lakes, Round Lake, and the big water up on Lake George and Schroon.

Also looked at new 'Bunny Boots' on eBay and found 'em pretty **** cheap- like thirty bucks...  Small price to pay for warm and dry feet!

I am not done with the open water just yet though- I am planning on getting out the next several days if the wind isn't bad.  I want to find some trout- and all the good trout lakes on this side of the Hudson are no-motor lakes.  Last spring on a local lake the wind kicked up and pinned me to the far shore of Crooked Lake for half the day- I am hoping not to repeat that trip anytime soon.

I can only handle SO many pickerel, you know?

Happy Thanksgiving guys!!!!  Can't wait to see you all again once the hardwater sets up.  Won't be too long, some guys are already on top up in the ADKs...  I can almost hear the pike crying already...

Great fish Buddy, good stuff indeed.
    post edited by Neversink Jimmy - 2008/11/27 00:29:41

"I love fishing. You put that line in the water and you don't know what's on the other end. Your imagination is under there" -Robert Altman
    Perch Inc.
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 707
    RE: Another Slide Show 2008/11/27 07:22:04 (permalink)
    Nice Show Hook!!! I didn't see any pics from Jim's Fish-)ff???? Thanks for added me to your show!!! And YES , YES Everyone have a GREAT Turkey of a DAY!!! LOL         Eat lots of Perch "oh no" I'm ment Turkey and BEER!!!!!!!!!!!! Down with the Cowboys!!!!

Monster PERCH Rulz!!!
    bassinbrian
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 902
    RE: Another Slide Show 2008/11/27 10:28:36 (permalink)
    Nice mess o' fish there man , WTG !!!

backin79
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1582
    RE: Another Slide Show 2008/11/27 10:31:18 (permalink)
    Hook, I just bought a digital canon powershot A590 and a 4 gig card..  seems to work good enough,has video too,a good inexpensive starter camera....I got to fool around and learn how to send video clips..anyway, hoping i can get one more ashokan or a little egging on esopus..season ends this weekend after thanksgiving.. i sure will be thankful to catch any size on my ultra 7 ft 2-6 lb test noodle browning rod drifting sacks! lol Weather is looking good for fri. anyway I must remind myself not to drink/eat too much today I hate sleeping on a football game! I always do though!! lol anyway, happy thanksgiving day to all ! 
    HookLineSinker
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 322
    RE: Another Slide Show 2008/11/28 00:31:40 (permalink)
    Very close Jimmy. Them there trout were taken from Cross River Res in Westchester. Used to be less than a 30 minute drive for me to all those NYC ressies when I lived down there. **** do I miss those waters.

Besides the Catskill ressies, you can't find big trout consistently anywhere until you get to L. Ontario and tribs. The bigger brown in those pics, only 6.4lb, had like 14 sawbellies in its belly. The problem with those belly fed trout was they tasted muddy. A good friend of mine would consistently catch a dozen or so 10lb+ per year, all trolling with flat fish. 99.9% of the rest of the fishermen all trolled and drifted sawbellies. They kept the 2 local bait shops open, but didn't have nearly the same results.

In conclusion, my turkey and pumpkin pie buzz has worn off. I'll be playing poker online for the next 5 hours. Then it will be time to get ready for work. No complaints. I still have a job.

When hell freezes over, I'll fish there too.
    New York Yank
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 479
    RE: Another Slide Show 2008/11/28 03:08:31 (permalink)
    Doug... great slide show bro.  Those are some fat gnarly trout ya got there.  I like the pygmy smallie too- he had high hopes!  Glad about the job... I just got through a shake-up myself...phew!   Hope all you folks had a good Turkey Day. See ya on the ice!
    backin79
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1582
    RE: Another Slide Show 2008/11/28 15:27:42 (permalink)
    Here is some catskill for jimmy and anyone interested http://s391.photobucket.com/albums/oo359/luke7908/?albumview=slideshow
    Jump to: