Author
Neversink Jimmy
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 798
  • Reward points: 0
2008/11/21 10:06:47 (permalink)

Still Fishin'?

Jeezus,

I haven't seen a chat room clear out like this since that time I mentioned shaved gerbils at that **** rights convention...

Oh- sorry...

Just wondering where you guys all went...  It was fun when ya'll used to fish.  Everyone is talking about 'first ice' and I am still standing on my dock every evening after work...

Granted- it requires the use of a snowmobile suit, but still...  I'm out there...

The cover isn't going on my boat until I pull a trout out of shallow water on Schroon, George or Brant sometime before Christmas...

I hope it comes soon...  So what are you guys all up to?

"I love fishing. You put that line in the water and you don't know what's on the other end. Your imagination is under there" -Robert Altman

10 Replies Related Threads

backin79
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1582
    RE: Still Fishin'? 2008/11/21 18:22:41 (permalink)
    Jimmy, I been bumming out having lost most my retirement stash in Bush's strong stable economy.. aside from that, it is icetip freezing out there! My last brown was a hen with eggs , it was grilled but really was kinda mushy for whatever reason.. got some nice eggs should i go to SR ..all depends on the weather and if my friend who says he has off will want to drive. My truck needs all new tires...work if getting tough as a handyman by trade. You might have met me on the nev jimmy if you say you fished that alot in the past. Would like to meet up for ice fishing this season.. today I ordered a replacement throttle control/governor for power auger. Hoping the governor spring comes with it. Anyway, let me know if you remember that  black ranger pu i use to park almost every weekend at a cove on the nev.
    backin79
    Pro Angler
    RE: Still Fishin'? 2008/11/21 19:58:44 (permalink)
    can't still be perched in their deer stands?
    HookLineSinker
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 322
    RE: Still Fishin'? 2008/11/22 02:16:22 (permalink)
    I fished Round Lake from shore the other day. Chucked some minnows under bobber out there. Caught 2 perch and a baby pike. Little bit of ice around the edges. This  is the first lake to get safe ice close-by to me. I'm gonna be slammin' Ballston real hard this year.

Say hi to Richard Gere for me Jimmy.

When hell freezes over, I'll fish there too.
    Perch Inc.
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 707
    RE: Still Fishin'? 2008/11/22 07:36:29 (permalink)
    Man IT"S Cold in THEM WOODS!!!!!!! Still looking for a Big Buck!!! I hear Lake Champlain back bays has 1" of ice!!!! Someone's ice fishing some place!!!!

Monster PERCH Rulz!!!
    hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6388
    RE: Still Fishin'? 2008/11/22 07:49:14 (permalink)
    Hey Jimmy:

You know me, for well over a month now all I have been doing is sitting in a tree. Fishing has been on the back burner. It's been very tough finding those bucks this year,well the right ones. I'm sick as heck with a head cold but at least I do have fresh venison in the freezer and good management is harvesting doe. yesterday driving out Rt. 145 on the way to Oneonta there was plenty of ponds ICED over and locked in . As long as things hold out it won't be long before we walk on water. today I have some butchering to do then I'm going to play with the shanty ant tip-ups. Tomorrow , back in the hardwoods.
    Talk with ya soon and keep us posted on that home water-ice.

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
    Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 798
    RE: Still Fishin'? 2008/11/22 08:19:49 (permalink)
    Hook- why does it always seem to be the Cortland grads that have to be clowns...

Anyway- already been out on the BOAT today...  One walleye and one smallie...

When the ladyfriend comes back to watch the WVU football game, we'll be out trolling at halftime...

But just so you know- the auger, tip-ups, and FRONTYARD FIREPLACE is ready for ice fishin' on Snyders...

Just bring firewood- and you've got all the access and parking you WANT at my house!

"I love fishing. You put that line in the water and you don't know what's on the other end. Your imagination is under there" -Robert Altman
    hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6388
    RE: Still Fishin'? 2008/11/22 08:25:09 (permalink)
    Jimmy:
    i'll reply here , to many eyes over there (lol)
    Lakers & salmon eh ? As you know early ice is always best. I usually fish mid lake area and know that structure best. My friend lives in the Adirondack area (south ,east section) and has a hard sider once there is 8" of good ice. there is an inlet there which he does well on salmon.
    I have found Schroon is more a tip-up lake using med suckers , I do have a secret bait this year that I was told drivers Lakers & Salmon wild. If it works out well we will have to keep it to our tight little group (lol)

Lake George is the jigging lake for BIG lakers. It's so strange that 1 place does so well on tip-ups and the other on jigging. humm....
    It won't be long and honestly I'm looking forward to some panfish out of your little spot, Perch Inc has got me hooked on that sweet meat....

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
    jkbugger
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 211
    RE: Still Fishin'? 2008/11/22 18:02:45 (permalink)
    Praying for a break in the weather to head back for some more steelies. Only landed a few on our last trip but it got the blood boiling. If your ever in the mood. Ice fishing for me now is only about panfish, god I love those perch. If your looking for big trout there is only one place to head and its no secret but I won;t mention it here.
    Perch Inc.
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 707
    RE: Still Fishin'? 2008/11/23 07:26:21 (permalink)
    Perch is my name and eat'em is a GAME!!!!!! Com'on mister ICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Monster PERCH Rulz!!!
    backin79
    Pro Angler
    RE: Still Fishin'? 2008/11/23 10:00:37 (permalink)
    Perch, will you tell me a perch story?.. just hope this forum is private, I fear to advertise a good perch hole..knowing the internet can be like an electronic fishfinder..  I'll paypal you  for some of those schools of perch GPS coordinants you have up there! lol can you imagine? lol
    Jump to: