Saratoga Lake 9P Bridge

Author
REEL FORCE
  • Total Posts : 552
  • Reward points: 0
2008/11/14 18:31:47 (permalink)

Saratoga Lake 9P Bridge

SARATOGA, N.Y. -- "It's shaky. You feel a lot of vibrations when vehicles pass over it," said Nicholas Kearney.
For Kearney, the heavy vibrations are a part of his trip to work. The tackle shop he works at is just over the 9P Bridge.
Like many people, he knows the bridge needs major work.
"I would say it's antiquated. It's old and it needs to be improved," Kearney said.
And it will, just not in the way he had hoped.
"What's different about this is that it is not what the public expected. It's a different alternative, one that we believe makes the most sense when weighing all of the issues," said New York State Department of Transportation Regional Director Brian Rowback.
The Department of Transportation revealed its newest plan Thursday. Unlike blueprints of the past, Alternative 5A Modified as it's being called, would completely take the place of the existing steel truss bridge.

"This bridge is at the end of its useful life," said Rowback.
That means demolition. Starting September of 2010, the bridge will be completely shut down. Motorists will now have to plan for a longer commute.
"Depending on where you're coming from or where going, the impact on where you live potentially could result in a detour in length of 16 miles. The detour would be associated with state highways," said Rowback.
For Kearney, that's a big problem. No bridge means no business.
"It's definitely going to slow our business down because it's the main way to our shop, Stewart’s and other small businesses in the area. My concern, I just hope that it would happen very quick and efficient because it's detrimental to our survival as a small business," said Kearney.
Once plans are finalized, Department of Transportation says they'll reopen the new bridge by May of 2011. In the meantime, officials will be holding a public information meeting at Saratoga City Hall on December 3rd. This will be the first time residents will be told of the bridge plans and what the overall impact will be.

2 Replies Related Threads

backin79
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1582
    RE: Saratoga Lake 9P Bridge 2008/11/15 19:43:13 (permalink)
    Force, feed your puppie purina dry! My pooch gets that with left overs mixed in.. I enjoyed hunting small game bird me and champion german shorty, she;s 9 now and still great shape. Don't let that dog get fat! lol..
    backin79
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1582
    RE: Saratoga Lake 9P Bridge 2008/11/21 18:30:45 (permalink)
    Hoping we get an early freeze and it is stable winter weather... been weird last five seasons for ice fishing.. either too warm  and not enough safe ice or when at last few weeks of freeze, we got record snow storms or too **** windy nasty bs weather.. I'll be ready though I rather freeze than lose tens of thousands in the stock to these evil doers online! man i hate the market !  
    post edited by backin79 - 2008/11/21 18:36:17
    Jump to: