Author
fisherofmen376
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2213
  • Reward points: 0
2008/10/24 16:24:30 (permalink)

lost foreceps/zinger on walnut

sounds like some kind of injury! 
No, seriously, I should have posted this awhile ago.  The day of the "One fly", i fished walnut from the falls up to just beyond the route 5 bridge (i guess they could have fallen off my vest at girard park before the one fly also)  If anyone found a pair of hook removing foreceps attached to a zinger (the little zip line thing), I lost them.  I didn't realize it until recently.  Let me know if anyone found them.  Thanks a lot. 

"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men."
Matthew 4:19

6 Replies Related Threads

dano
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2974
    RE: lost foreceps/zinger on walnut 2008/10/24 16:49:19 (permalink)
    I do that a lot. Loose forceps.
    I should buy forceps by bulk.
    I always pin zinger on the inside of a pocket.

Gone Fishing
    pin_drifter
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 253
    RE: lost foreceps/zinger on walnut 2008/10/24 16:52:56 (permalink)
    Good luck finding them i am on my 10 th pair lol. There only 4.99 at B.A.C  go buy a new pair i really doubt that you'll get them back. Never know though.

Quit ****ing and take a kid fishing !!
    egg sac
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 517
    RE: lost foreceps/zinger on walnut 2008/10/24 17:29:29 (permalink)
    Ahh yes the missing hemos same story differnt trip. there are times I swear you cann loose them faster then loosing hooks to a snag...lol

SO MANY FISH SO LITTLE TIME.
    WHY ARE ALL THE PLACES I HAVE YET 2 FISH SO FAR AWAY?
    smallhook
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 964
    RE: lost foreceps/zinger on walnut 2008/10/24 21:52:11 (permalink)
    I've been tying my hemostats to my chest pack with flyline for a long time.  I tend to have them longer that way.
    Sage4wt
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 154
    RE: lost foreceps/zinger on walnut 2008/10/24 23:21:38 (permalink)
    i lost way to many to count, along with a net, tippet, you name it. just buy a new pair. i doubt that you will ever get them back.

DAS BOOT!
    Cold
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 7358
    RE: lost foreceps/zinger on walnut 2008/10/24 23:40:58 (permalink)
    My goodness!  I must be lucky then, I've used the same pair for nearly a decade now.  Before I took to fly fishing, I carried a little bag with my stuff in it.  I kept my clippers and hemos each fastened by garden string to a metal ring on the strap of my bag and let them rest in the bag.  They each had a different colored string, so I could grab the one I needed and the string allowed me to simply drop them if I didnt need them again. 

Now I have a vest, and the hemo's string bit the dust while trying to remove it from the bag.  Only the clippers are tied up, but maybe after reading this I will tie up the hemos too before I leave tomorrow!  They were a gift from my grandpap, and even though they're not top of the line, I'd never want to lose them...they've pulled the hooks from literally hundreds of fish over the years, and every time I use em I think of pap.  He doesn't fish anymore, thanks to a bad back and knees, but he still likes to hear that I'm still using his little hemos.
    Jump to: