Bluefish Madness!!!

Author
Neversink Jimmy
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 798
  • Reward points: 0
2008/10/15 11:36:56 (permalink)

Bluefish Madness!!!

I was on prolonged business trip last week and early this week in Philadelhia and NYC.  In between, I managed to squeeze in a few days with my best friend from Nisky who now lives on Long Beach Island in Jersey.  Being only an hour from Philly- it was pretty easy to justify three days of beer and fish in his boat.

We were looking for Stripers, but ended up settling for huge schools of maurauding bluefish along the beaches.  Big 'uns too...  Bluefish have balls of steel, and fight like a jealous girlfriend...  Amazing fish- the boat was a friggin' BLOOD BATH by the time we got back to his dock.  Here are some shots from the weekend in LBI- I bet we landed close to 30 fish in one day...  Seriously, my arms were sore from these bruisers, they fight like fish four times their size:

The video is also NOW POSTED!!!  Check it out at :

http://vimeo.com/1984790

"Doubled Up" Right Out of the Gate:

Nice One:

Hieney Kegs Are The Best Thing To Happen to Boating Since Ole' Evinrude Invented the Outboards:

Evening Pig:

My Buddy (also named Jimmy) with the Fish of the Weekend:

One More For Good Measure:

My buddy made a SWEET video and burned it to DVD for me.  In our childish drunken stupor, we filmed a ton and took zillions of photos.  His iMac whipped up an insane movie with very little effort, and its is now finished and posted online.

Trust me- you will wanted the speakers turned WAY UP for this one! 

Check it out at:   http://vimeo.com/1984790
post edited by Neversink Jimmy - 2008/10/16 14:00:27

"I love fishing. You put that line in the water and you don't know what's on the other end. Your imagination is under there" -Robert Altman

5 Replies Related Threads

HookLineSinker
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 322
    RE: Bluefish Madness!!! 2008/10/15 13:49:35 (permalink)
    SWEET Jimmy. Your def right about them blues. They'll pull your shoulder out of your socket.

One day in the Sound, I was reeling in a striper, then a blue latched onto the striper's tail. And it never let go 'til it was in the net.

When hell freezes over, I'll fish there too.
    bassinbrian
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 902
    RE: Bluefish Madness!!! 2008/10/15 20:34:20 (permalink)
    Awesome fish dude !!

Love the mini-keg too :)

Never caught a blue, but i hear they are drag pullers.

Perch Inc.
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 707
    RE: Bluefish Madness!!! 2008/10/15 23:24:30 (permalink)
    Very COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Monster PERCH Rulz!!!
    Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 798
    RE: Bluefish Madness!!! 2008/10/16 13:58:39 (permalink)
    Hey Guys,

Our video from last weekend down in NJ is up and running, I think.  We chased big bluefish all day and they literally WORE US OUT.  What a weekend in Jersey.  You gotta' check it out:

http://vimeo.com/1984790

We've even got some  tunes on there .  Lemme' know what you think- my best friend is awesome...  He really pimped this thing out!

"I love fishing. You put that line in the water and you don't know what's on the other end. Your imagination is under there" -Robert Altman
    backin79
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1582
    RE: Bluefish Madness!!! 2008/10/17 21:22:56 (permalink)
    Jimmy, nice day on the water, I have to try getting out more saltwater.. maybe in nov. for tog opener down point pleasant.. getting tougher each year for creel limits off jersey coast.. but hey look at that bluefish action!.. did you eat any those blues? lol..  this oct 13 released a nice hen over 20" an her mate with a jaw below the dam a pool just a few miles downstream at night using rap on UL  .. also  tried esopus but lowwater and only a small bow  on a pheobe pool about five arch ..roundout a few smallmouth spooning from shore for trout.. should have switched to bucktails..SM  are starting to pick up along the shores. glta later!
    Jump to: