Conn, OHIO PERCH

Author
Doboy
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 32
  • Reward points: 0
2008/10/13 11:08:18 (permalink)

Conn, OHIO PERCH

WHAT A BALL.   Best perchin' ever.     N-NE to 70' all the way to 74.5'.
3 tickets both days. 3 different packs of boats, 1-2mi. apart all doing well. The bite was so good that We were very picky,,,+- 50 back each day.  Had many friendly gulls to proove it but MOST of the small ones made it back down.
IT SURE WAS NICE TO HEAR SO MANY FISHERMAN HELPING OTHERS OUT,, TO FIND A BETTER SPOT OR TO PASS OFF UNWANTED BAIT!! 
WAY TO GO,  ATTABOY!
THERE'S BILLIONS OF PERCH, MILES WIDE SCHOOLS, AND THERE IS STILL A COUPLE OF BOATS OUT THERE TALKING CODE, VERY UNSPORTSMAN-LIKE-GREEDY FOR SURE. 
WITH THE COST OF FISHING GOING UP SO HIGH, I'M GLAD TO HELP SOMEONE OUT!  TAKE A KID FISHING ETC.
BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN OHIO & PA !!    SPECIALLY STEALHEADIN'

Almost all of our fish were caught right on the bottom. We caught more fish on red bead stacker rig W gold #6 hooks.
Hit the bottom hard, pick the weight up off the bottom 2".
Set the hook on one, put him back on the bottom and get ready for the second one to hit. That gave us many doubles. Salties worked just as good as live. Save your old minnows. Salt them down, Freeze 'em and use them next time. We cut the larger minnows in half. The smaller pieces seemed to give us less misses and deaper sets. 
CUT BAIT WORKED JUST AS GOOD AS SHINERS AND GOLDIES.
My friend Rich caught 12 perch on the same 1/2" piece of belly meat!
GOOD LUCK!
ALL OF A SUDDON WE HAVE SO MUCH GAS????  I GUESS WE DON"T NEED 2,000 MORE WELLS DRILLED IN THE GOLF!  LOL     GO FIGURE

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to: