Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 902
  • Reward points: 0
2008/10/11 22:55:01 (permalink)

Santa & I get gifts :)

7:00-12:30am
Sunny & Calm

Not just fish gifts, but nature too :)

After not fishing at my new favorite smallie location in 2 months, i figured i would give it a try with Santa, who has never been there. I was shocked when i got there and my boat was now a long ways from the water, they have let a lot out !!

So after a little work getting on the water & my game plan shot (because the points and coves i wanted to fish were NO Longer there LOL) ... we got to rowing around.
Santa took some great photo shots ...

A shot of a fishy looking area, also shows how much the water was down.

So we are over an hour in and not even a hit ... Santa says is that a Coyote ???? I'm like holy sh*t ... Just walking down the shore line, could have cared less that we were about 75 yards away. Right in the center of the photo, hard to see (if anybody is good with resizing photos, i would like help with one)

As we check the dog out Santa snaps a pic, we are not even paying attention to fishing and that when his Pop-R gets slammed. I think he scared the skunk out of the boat for us

Another Pop-R fish by Paul

We pick up a few more here and there, approach another nice looking spot and my tube gets wacked !! I could tell this one had some weight, i'm thinking monster smallie .... NOT ...

But this nice 4lb 13oz LMB was there

I was really shocked, in 1/2 doz trips, over 100+ smallies, not one LM, and this pig shows up I knew there had to be some in there, but wasn't expecting it.

We both managed to lose a real nice smallie during the day, Paul had what would have been his PB at boat side, came unbuttoned. I lost a nice one on that went airborne and spit my Fluke back at me, oh well.

Pop-R,Tubes,Fluke were the best producers.

It was a beautiful morning, fishing was ok, sights & nature were awesome.

Thanks for looking
post edited by bassinbrian - 2008/10/11 23:34:19

3 Replies Related Threads

HookLineSinker
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 322
    RE: Santa & I get gifts :) 2008/10/13 07:59:07 (permalink)
    Very niiice bass guys. Looks like a pretty body of water also.

When hell freezes over, I'll fish there too.
    Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 798
    RE: Santa & I get gifts :) 2008/10/14 21:45:53 (permalink)
    Lunkerville in full effect... 

You guys amaze me... 

When are you coming back over to my place to show me how you do that???

I slayed Bluefish in New Jersey all weekend while away on business.  Will post some photos (and killer video) as soon as I can...  Most were 15lbs+...  Tough bastards, let me tell ya'!

My buddy put together a SWEET movie with music, slides and video all incorporated.  If he posts it to YouTube or something I will getcha' the link.

Kudos again on some slammer bass...  You guys should go on tour.  I will drive the bus...

"I love fishing. You put that line in the water and you don't know what's on the other end. Your imagination is under there" -Robert Altman
    New York Yank
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 479
    RE: Santa & I get gifts :) 2008/10/15 10:53:13 (permalink)
    Does your tour bus have groupies? Or groupers?  Either way youll end up smellin like fish.

B&S  -Hey nice fish there you guys... still slammin in October thats awesome!  Those slob LMBs can be anywhere in the column now I guess. 

Jimmy- i wish my business took me to bluefishing... youre a lucky dude!
    Jump to: