Ice Fest!!!

Author
Perch Inc.
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 707
  • Reward points: 0
2008/09/21 00:00:48 (permalink)

Ice Fest!!!

Well let's get this PARTY Started!!! I have about 6 to 7 poles that can be used, 15 t0 20 tipups(if needed),two fish traps(1 one man that's mine,1 two man for use) two heaters, a sweet power auger, two sleds, all kinds of pails(to sit on and fill up with PERCH) two cookers, pans and pots!! Let's make it any a DAY dark to dark thing!!! I'll try and talk a few of my 4 wheeler friends to jion in so we can have a few rides(to pull your suff out and in)!!! 
post edited by Perch Inc. - 2008/09/21 00:03:00

Monster PERCH Rulz!!!

8 Replies Related Threads

santaman67
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 42
    RE: Ice Fest!!! 2008/09/21 06:53:41 (permalink)
    Perch - sounds like a great plan!  Count me in when we nail down the date. I don't have any gear for ice fishing, so let me know what I need to get started. 

On another note, if you guys make plans to hit Kays sometime this week before it closes for the winter, shoot me a PM and I'll try to make it.

Go GIANTS

Paul
    bassinbrian
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 902
    RE: Ice Fest!!! 2008/09/21 07:44:26 (permalink)
    I'm in  ... i just really got into the ice thing last season, i have 2-3 poles, a 1 man shanty w/ heater, and a hand auger ... but would gladdy share all of them w/ the boys.

Depending on time of year and ice conditions i also have an atv.

BB
    hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6388
    RE: Ice Fest!!! 2008/09/21 08:53:52 (permalink)
    Perch:
    ya know i had a dream about ice fishing friday night, thats so weird.
    i was telling my buddy yesterday i can't wait for hard water. then it hit, brookies, brookies ,reality.... now i wish it would stay just like this all year long (yes i love the ice but this is my favorite time of year) I'm not looking forward to those heating bills . alas, back to the post. Hard water, it'll come and when it does i'll be there. As for first ice and a fest, Schroon is a pretty good bet. the area I fish has it all, panfish,pike,lakers & salmon. there is a real cool (cheap) cabin & motel right up the road which would be a good over nighter. As for gear , it looks like we are all loaded, I do have 3 atv's which are for use. So let me get in a few more brookie trips then lets talk Ice, baby, ice.

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
    Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 798
    RE: Ice Fest!!! 2008/09/22 09:55:19 (permalink)
    I will follow Hot Tuna anywhere on the ice in search of Lakers and Landlockers!

But I also agree with him- September and early October are EASILY my favorite times of year in the Northeast.  The trout come back to their springtime haunts, the Smallies go suicidal, the weather is perfect and the bugs are minimal.  For you TROUT guys- this is the season you live for...  Oh yeah- the autumn foliage is nice too, I guess.

Got this guy on the West Branch of the Ausable this weekend while staying up at "The Hungry Trout" for the weekend...  Snapped a photo at my feet before he decided to go elsewhere.  He came unbuttoned as soon as I reached to grab him- glad I at least had the sense to snap a quick one at my feet:

Bring on the ice!  But I sure hope things stay JUST AS THEY ARE until at least October 15th...  I have a lot more fish to chase, and still need to get out on Lake George and Schroon at some point to intercept the Landlockers as they head for the tribs...  Can someone please press "pause" or something?

I've got a hand auger, five tip ups and a jigging stick.  Maybe we could do a day party on Glass Lake or something?  It's got browns, bows, kokes, both basses, pickerel, and pannies...

Plus- I really need some browns for my lake...  I want to get 30 in there if I can catch 'em down the raod thru the ice...  My lake needs some Salmonids!

post edited by Neversink Jimmy - 2008/09/22 09:57:57

"I love fishing. You put that line in the water and you don't know what's on the other end. Your imagination is under there" -Robert Altman
    New York Yank
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 479
    RE: Ice Fest!!! 2008/09/23 10:12:49 (permalink)
    Oh yeah I'm definitely in for a hardwater gig.  If anybody needs stuff to fish with, I've got a couple spare tipups, a spare ice rod, 7" lazer auger, lots of little rapalas and marmooskas, and little spoons.  No ATV or snowmobile though, I'm a city slicker.
    It will be interesting to see how other guys have their setups.  I think trout jerky is on the horizon.
    Perch Inc.
    Expert Angler
    RE: Ice Fest!!! 2008/09/26 07:45:20 (permalink)
    NYY, You got JERKY on Your mind!!!!  LOL

Monster PERCH Rulz!!!
    REEL FORCE
    • Total Posts : 552
    RE: Ice Fest!!! 2008/09/26 20:51:48 (permalink)
    I will need a life preserver lifeline and at least 3 of ya pushing me out there !!!!
    post edited by REEL FORCE - 2008/09/26 20:52:08
    Perch Inc.
    Expert Angler
    RE: Ice Fest!!! 2008/09/27 07:29:28 (permalink)
    Three of us????? You can't weight 90#!!!! That's with a 12 pack in your pants!!(Underwear) LOL

Monster PERCH Rulz!!!
    Jump to: