Donny beaver making his mark in Field and stream....

Page: << < ..6 Showing page 6 of 6
Author
Skip16503
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4028
  • Reward points: 0
RE: Donny beaver making his mark in Field and stream.... 2007/05/26 10:26:16 (permalink)

SilverKype
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3842
RE: Donny beaver making his mark in Field and stream.... 2007/05/26 10:44:35 (permalink)
Quit acting like a child Skip!!!!!   rotf....

My reports and advice are for everyone to enjoy, not just the paying customers.
T.T.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1656
RE: Donny beaver making his mark in Field and stream.... 2007/05/26 14:32:47 (permalink)
Outstanding!
salmotrutta
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2132
RE: Donny beaver making his mark in Field and stream.... 2007/05/26 15:23:51 (permalink)
Thanks for starting this thread K16. I have learned more about the practices taking place on those fish ranches than I knew before. Sickened doesn't begin to describe how it makes me feel to learn these things. Who knows what else I could/would discover if I saw it first hand. Almost too much to ponder.
You'll do fine in the military. They like boys they can mold easily.

Lyrical
steelydaze
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 376
RE: Donny beaver making his mark in Field and stream.... 2007/05/26 20:24:53 (permalink)
That's a good dog. lol
bingsbaits
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5026
RE: Donny beaver making his mark in Field and stream.... 2007/05/28 07:01:41 (permalink)
I watched a fishing show on espn the other day. It was about the Frying Pan River in CO. The guide service that they were featuring had a great group of guides and were discussing who was their #1 guide. The man that had been their #1 guide for over 2 decades had quit got hooked up with a bunch of RICH landowners and pulled a donny beaver on a large section of one of the most beautiful streams in CO..Hell, if I had 92,000 dollars to spend on fishing I would build a 70,000 dollar pond, put in 20,000 dollars worth of fish, and invite everybody to fish..Seems kind of silly in my world. I have to work hard for years to make that kind of money.

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

pafisher
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3000
RE: Donny beaver making his mark in Field and stream.... 2007/05/28 09:16:13 (permalink)
Free flowing water should be accessable to everyone.Just a dream I have that will never be.
carpin06
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 498
RE: Donny beaver making his mark in Field and stream.... 2007/05/28 12:35:11 (permalink)
If you want to catch a big fat football rainbow go spend $10 at a pay lake.....

take your power bait!!!
I have a 25in at the taxidermy..
K16. beaver is nothing more than a opportunist that only cares about the next $92.000 and the next k16 he can hoodwinkle or bamboozle with his fast talk...
That is why he did the thing in field&stream!!!!!!!
Look at the facts BOY!!!!!!!!!!!
woodnickle
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 8500
RE: Donny beaver making his mark in Field and stream.... 2007/05/29 00:53:20 (permalink)
Not to mention the fact that he is distroying the stream eko sistem,

indsguiz
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 6343
RE: Donny beaver making his mark in Field and stream.... 2007/05/29 02:48:36 (permalink)
Kyler16
      I'd just like to let you know a few things.  I grew up close to Spruce Creek and when I was younger I was able to fish most of the streams Don has now leased.  I am a fly fisherman, and I Always went out of my way to leave the streamside better than when I went in.  I spent 23 years in the Military and every time I went home I would find less and less creek open to fishing.  I have even fished the Espy farm waters many times. and many places in the sprucecreek and it's tribs.  The object of the posting is not for the sake of keeping the stream clean and pure.  The purpose is to MAKE MONEY!!! The land owners get help with their taxes; Don gets all the fishing access, in return.  I have approached many of my friends who have leased to Don and all of them have told me flat out "We would love to let you fish but our agreement with SRC doesn't allow it".  Some of them are not even allowed to let family members fish on the land.
      And yes Don has leased mostly streams that were posted for one reason or another.  BUT most of the posted land was accessable if a person asked.  In most cases the land owners wanted fishing from only one side of the creek, or catch & release, or only fish on certain days or times, or fly fishing only.  If a person was known to the landowners then they could fish.
       I have seen beautiful little spring streams stocked with fish way too big for the available food and they have to be fed pellets in order to sustain a totally artificial fishery.  In some of the streams you would have been lucky to get a 10" brookie, now those with money can catch 14" browns.  Have the creeks been improved?  In my knowing opinion NO.  Now there is more traffic along some of the creeks than ever before.  While I agree with my friends that they have the right to lease their land out.  The argument that the creeks have been improved is a bold faced lie.  And yes I can sympathize with the Beavers.  Members of my family and my friends lost land at Raystown lake and were not adequately compensated for it.  Don simply wants to befriend powerful people to further his own agendas, which is his right.  But just because you have the right doesn't make it right.  Boy would I like to see a new extension of the state game lands occur along a certain stretch of the Little J. 
      If a person were to look closely at a certain section of the Pennsylvania Commonwealth Charter they would be amazed at what they would find concerning water access.  Don't think it has been repealed.  Do your homework Kyler.  Also, I actually hope you have a good military carreer.  I don't agree with your assumptions but you have the right to make a complete fool of yourself by stating them.

Illegitimis Non carborundum
SilverKype
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3842
RE: Donny beaver making his mark in Field and stream.... 2007/05/29 09:06:14 (permalink)
Just for kicks .. I forgot something that has totally slipped my mind that fired me up pretty good a few months ago. 

At the United Bowhunters convention a few months ago, I talked with the person in the game commission who is charge of something that has to do with kids.  I don't remember her position exactly but she was a nice lady.  Anyway .. we got to talking about SRC somehow and she starts going off about how great of a conversationist Don Wan Beaver is.  She knows him personally.  Man -- I went off (just a little).  I just can't help it when it comes to this.  I guess I think everyone should understand what he is actually doing.  She listened very promptly.

So ... anyway.  She doesn't talk with him anymore BECAUSE .. she was asked, by him .. to come kill a $200,000 buck fenced in with her bow  .. so he could promote it.  She had a problem with that.

I just figured I'd share that, as I completely forgot.
post edited by SilverKype - 2007/05/29 14:12:41

My reports and advice are for everyone to enjoy, not just the paying customers.
T.T.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1656
RE: Donny beaver making his mark in Field and stream.... 2007/05/29 19:50:28 (permalink)
"She had a problem with that."

No surprise that he didn't.

It's ironic that DB grew up to be a spoiled, bitter person out to capture as much as he can, through any means necessary, pretty much as a result of similar behavior on the part of the agencies that flooded his family hunting grounds.  Just think of the little monsters he's created from all of this.  Right now, somewhere there are children who are just as hurt as he was, who will grow into adulthood bitter and selfish just like him.  Imagine what havoc they will create when given the opportunity.  After all, it's all about conservation, right?!?! 

For the kids, man, for the kids.
(as long as those kids have parents that spent the $92,000plus)
salmotrutta
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2132
RE: Donny beaver making his mark in Field and stream.... 2007/05/30 07:43:04 (permalink)
I wonder where they keep the dog food? What a freaking joke this guy is, and worse are the total idiots who buy into it. Talk about more money than brains.

Lyrical
Page: << < ..6 Showing page 6 of 6
Jump to: