NEVER FORGET...

Author
Storm Warning 2
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 583
  • Reward points: 0
2008/09/11 16:24:46 (permalink)

NEVER FORGET...

Never forget the events of 7 years ago today.  Be thankful we can still sit here and yap at each other about fishing stories and boats.  Be thankful we have brave men and women that I am sure would rather be doing the same, but instead are in harms way protecting and fighting for our right to do so.

God Bless America.

Never forget...

16 Replies Related Threads

fishON4Me
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 142
    RE: NEVER FORGET... 2008/09/11 19:56:40 (permalink)
    I will always remember this day as our nation took a blow but I will also think it made us Americans stronger! God Bless all the families who lost loved ones. Our prayers and love are always available shall you need a helping hand.
    tippy-toe
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4334
    RE: NEVER FORGET... 2008/09/11 20:07:05 (permalink)
    Some have forgotten, not the date or event, but the pain and the anger at those who would so cowardly and purposely take the lives of innocents.
    Not me though, and I will never forget.

Lets also remember the bravery of that day starting with the passengers on flight 93 and continuing with those that serve this great country today.

My prayers are with the families who lost and are still losing loved ones ...... God Bless America 
    post edited by tippy-toe - 2008/09/11 20:30:58

I have the right to remain silent.....I just don't have the ability
    bingsbaits
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5026
    RE: NEVER FORGET... 2008/09/11 20:21:08 (permalink)
    Did any of you get an eerie feeling the next day when there wasn't  a single plane in the sky? No jet trails...Probably the only time in my near 50 yrs that that has happened.. Was a sad day for sure..

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

Storm Warning 2
    Expert Angler
    RE: NEVER FORGET... 2008/09/11 20:38:17 (permalink)
    I actually did Bings'. 

I was actually fishing the Meadville/Western Crawford County Chamber of Commerce fall golf outing at Mt. Hope.  It was a beatiful early fall day with hardly a cloud in the sky, but a jet trail nowhere to be found.  Usually a clear sky in our part of the world reveals quite a few, we are in a sky highway area: Cleveland, Detroit, Buffalo, Toronto, etc.

I remember standing on an elevated tee (the first or tenth I believe, with a great view) tee waiting our turn, looking at the sky, contemplating the events of the prior day and thinking, the world has changed overnight, but at the same time it hasn't? 

Needless to say, it was a pretty somber event.

chasinrainbows
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 189
    RE: NEVER FORGET... 2008/09/11 21:53:25 (permalink)
    i also felt it bings
    ShutUpNFish
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3834
    RE: NEVER FORGET... 2008/09/11 22:12:08 (permalink)
    I remember the day it happened.  I was in a classroom with about 20 of my students.  We were are all scared and looked at one another in disbelief.  We hugged and embraced that day and looked at one another in a different light.  If anything positive came out of that day, it was that it brought us all closer.  We should always remember, not only those who lost their lives, but also that our strength comes from our togetherness as a nation, team and people....how easily we can forget that and take things for granted.  This will, most certainly, always be a day for me to reflect.  Times like these help us realize how silly it is to sweat the little things for sure.

woodnickle
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 8505
    RE: NEVER FORGET... 2008/09/11 22:17:30 (permalink)
    All I remember of that day is the anger I had!  Wanted to go kick the s... out of all arabs. Take a bunch of pi.... off old guys and they would be in trouble. 

Little35
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 235
    RE: NEVER FORGET... 2008/09/11 22:20:08 (permalink)
    I will never forget and if someone brings this issue up, I will make sure they will never forget!!!!!!!
    Storm Warning 2
    Expert Angler
    RE: NEVER FORGET... 2008/09/11 22:21:29 (permalink)
    I always said: "You can't get Bin Laden out of those caves and that terrain?"  "Put the 10th Mountain on the Pakistan/Afghan border and let a whole bunch of us ****ed off PA deer hunters put on the deer drive of the century right through the middle of Tora Bora; I only hope that the 10th Mountain boys can shoot as good as half of the deer hunters I know."  "Just make sure that there is plenty of beer waiting for us when he's dead."
    Big Fathead
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 915
    RE: NEVER FORGET... 2008/09/11 22:29:00 (permalink)
    God Bless America.
    woodnickle
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 8505
    RE: NEVER FORGET... 2008/09/11 22:51:18 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Storm Warning 2

I always said: "You can't get Bin Laden out of those caves and that terrain?"  "Put the 10th Mountain on the Pakistan/Afghan border and let a whole bunch of us ****ed off PA deer hunters put on the deer drive of the century right through the middle of Tora Bora; I only hope that the 10th Mountain boys can shoot as good as half of the deer hunters I know."  "Just make sure that there is plenty of beer waiting for us when he's dead."

AMEN!!!

jon_e_si
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1103
    RE: NEVER FORGET... 2008/09/12 07:04:25 (permalink)
    sixers
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 112
    RE: NEVER FORGET... 2008/09/12 08:04:43 (permalink)
    The two non-family events (weddings, births etc) that I will always remember are:

1.) 9/11,( I was in the classroom teaching calculus, and heard the rumors as students walk in and out of class.  Dismissed class and saw the horrible replays.)

2.) the day JFK got shot.( hitch hiking home form college ( it was safe back then) and heard it on the radio).

God Bless America.

griffon
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1104
    RE: NEVER FORGET... 2008/09/12 08:23:25 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Storm Warning 2

Never forget the events of 7 years ago today.  Be thankful we can still sit here and yap at each other about fishing stories and boats.  Be thankful we have brave men and women that I am sure would rather be doing the same, but instead are in harms way protecting and fighting for our right to do so.

God Bless America.

Never forget...

I remember watching it on TV at work, I remember the overwhelming feeling of grief and the anger that followed.  I will never forget...  Everytime I see a turbin walking down our streets, I am reminded of that day.  Everytime I get on a plane and see a person of Middle Eastern descent, I am reminded of that day.  It is unfortunate and probably unfair to those people, but it is a scene that will forever be etched into my mind.  God Bless our Troops and God Bless America.
    eyesandgillz
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4011
    RE: NEVER FORGET... 2008/09/12 08:47:31 (permalink)
    I was home sick from work that day and just so happened to turn on the news about 1 min. before the second plane hit the South tower, I believe.  Seeing it real time after thinking the first one was just an accident sent a feeling of anger through me that I can't say I have ever felt before or since.  Then, it was even worse when I saw the broadcasts of the Pentagon hit and later, flight 93.  God bless all those who lost their lives or were directly affected by the events those days and may the culprits still be rotting in H$ll! 

Did anyone happen to catch the 9/11 special on the history channel last night?  Was very well done but, it brought back all those feelings again.  It was a compilation of home video, news broadcasts and amateur journalists that was a min. by min. account of the events that day in NYC.
    razmatazz05
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1856
    RE: NEVER FORGET... 2008/09/12 10:11:36 (permalink)
    eyes, i saw the program last night.  are you refering to "120 Minutes"?   i had a real hard time sleeping last night.  i just kept thinking about all the families that lost people on that day, and the families that lost soldiers in the wars that came from that.  really makes me feel honored to be an American.    and also makes me feel blessed that nobody from my family was affected by those events.

God Bless America and everything that American Stands For. 
    Jump to: