Erie weekend

Author
ShutUpNFish
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3834
  • Reward points: 0
2008/09/07 18:24:32 (permalink)

Erie weekend

Pretty much what it was Erie-Dreary.  Could not get out on the lake Saturday due to high winds and waves, so we relaxed and drank some Yuenglings at the camp.  My daughter and I putzed around the creek for a few hours and caught a few smallmouth (very small ones), a trout and a bunch of chubs....

Dad and I decided to hit it on Sunday come Hell or high water.  We went out of Conny and started out for some perch since my dad has been wanting to do all year and I keep dragging him out there after those eyes.  Well, we made a pretty good call.  We caught 75 perch in just a couple of hours.  We found them in 62 to 64 FOW.  I never saw so many fish on my screen!  If anyone out there is looking for an awesome perch bite, Conneaut is hot right now due North of the lighthouse.  We were just about ready to go after some eyes when I noticed some storms kicking up in the distance, so I decided to head in.  We made the right call.

CB - I think that was you I saw...I gave you the wave.  What sort of trouble were you having with the motor?  I heard you on the radio.  Anyway, the Ohio Conservation officer nabbed me for going to fast in the no wake zone.  I was really ****ed, but more so at myself.  I was however making a slight wake.  All in all a good day out there with my dad.  We had fun. 

1 Reply Related Threads

kingnuke32
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1863
    • Reward points: 0
    RE: Erie weekend 2008/09/08 07:35:15 (permalink)
    Tried to get out yesterday evening for some Perch. Wasn't happening lake was kicking up good. Was a few trailers at the Nut a few brave souls out there. Was a few fish in the stop sign hole and saw a nice 7-8#er on a rope with a guy walking up from the Manchester hole. Bout 15-20 guys fishing and a few on the wall. Oh well I hope to get the new boat out at least once or twice for some Perch before the season is over.
    Jump to: