Favorite Maribou Jig for Salmon/Steelhead

Author
McFishin
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 199
  • Reward points: 0
2008/09/05 00:45:48 (permalink)

Favorite Maribou Jig for Salmon/Steelhead

My blind vote goes to my 1/32oz white head/peach body...could I be right?..never tried any of my stuff so I'm shooting for opinions...

also got these

black tail/chartruese body
straight orange
straight red
chartuese and white tail with chartues body
pink/orange tail with an orange body
red/pink tail with black body
white head/peach body and tail
or my "everything i had left" orange/pink/red/white/black tail with chartuese body
(all/most with krytal flash in them)

4 Replies Related Threads

tommybanzai
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 609
    RE: Favorite Maribou Jig for Salmon/Steelhead 2008/09/05 10:54:35 (permalink)
    any standard marabou jigs can work, and especially in your standard color/flashes

Also Chenille jigs have been working now and then in chart/white and red/black

This goofy thing worked a few times last year for me, so I tied some more up for this year

McFishin
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 199
    RE: Favorite Maribou Jig for Salmon/Steelhead 2008/09/05 14:45:38 (permalink)
    Cool deal. That thing looks pretty sweet. what kind of jig heads do you use? mustad, owner? I've made a few umm, "expiramentals" by making a flash tail, then taking krystal flash pipe cleaners out of the craft section at wal mart and wrapping it around the jig head for the body. add's a touch more weight and alot cheaper than buying flash from gander. whole pack of pipe cleaners for 80 cents. they catch bluegills pretty darn good so far. but then again, i've bluegills on a bare hook before.
    Kokanee Killer
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1015
    RE: Favorite Maribou Jig for Salmon/Steelhead 2008/09/05 22:31:54 (permalink)
    banzai nice jig but i prefer to keep it simple,after 20 plus years of tying and fishing marabou jigs for trout and salmon i narrowed it down to 1/32 white with any color head and YES no 2 peach definately is a awesome producer,banzai on the jig swap it looks like it may be just the two of us LUCKY for you ,now you will see how good jigs tyed by me work lol lol lol see ya on the creek

I have become comfortably numb
    STEALYS4ME
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1443
    RE: Favorite Maribou Jig for Salmon/Steelhead 2008/09/11 20:30:16 (permalink)
    Hey norm ill have to get some of those magic jigs for erie and ny, soon .  keep some on stock thanx...  Maybe u will get a free ride in the hemp vanlol. 
    Jump to: