5/11/07 Report

Author
ShutUpNFish
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3834
  • Reward points: 0
2007/05/12 13:27:30 (permalink)

5/11/07 Report

I took my bro and dad out to Port Clinton Friday and Saturday.  What a turn around in the weather!  Complete glass and 80's Friday to 4 to 6 footers and in the 50's Saturday!

We did fairly well Friday with 15 walleye.  All on harnesses trolled with bottom bouncers and dipsys....bottom bouncers being the more productive of the two.  Hot colors were silver blade with red beads.  22' seemed to be the magic depth....marked tons of fish out there.  I also caught most on Power worms, believe it or not.  I like using them a whole lot better.  I learned a good tip from an old timer that if you put a slight twist in the worm after hooking to the first hook, then hook to the second, it gives the worn a more natural spinning action like the real ones.  The price is kinda high for the Power worms, but they last a lot longer for sure.  I also tie my own harnesses and another good tip is a stinger hook on the back.  Most fish we caught were on the stinger.  Dad also lost his lucky harness, he'd caught all his fish on, when a monster walleye broke his line right at the boat! 

Sat, we tried heading out, but spent little time actually fishing due to the waves and weather....a little too hard on dad, so we left by 9 - 9:30.

1 Reply Related Threads

Carpet Bagger
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1834
    • Reward points: 0
    RE: 5/11/07 Report 2007/05/15 11:31:17 (permalink)
    good report....best results ive been hearin are more east by the islands in deeper waters 33-37ft

CB
    I never thought I'd say this, but I love my Sport-Craft!
    Jump to: