mountain men on the history channel.....

Author
coldfront
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2268
  • Reward points : 0

mountain men on the history channel.....

watched a couple of episodes and for 'man shows', they continue to get worse.  i can't stand the drama in each show nor the staged scenes.  all the shows these days from deadliest catch, ax men, swamp people and so on are full of so much acting and drama that i can't sit and watch them.  the staged scenes are as bad as the modern day turkey and deer hunting tv shows.  just a moring rant, of course.........

19 Replies Related Threads

rippinlip
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1922
    Re:mountain men on the history channel..... (permalink)
    Have to agree. The staged drama turns me off.

You should have been here yesterday.............. Streams are made for the wise man to contemplate and fools to pass by [Sir Izaak Walton]
    just_wanna_fish
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 539
    no really its reality tv it has to be true

smokey4sure
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 108
    The show is entertaining, but I can't stand that all these shows are so drawn out!  After every commercial they replay where they left off and drag the darn thing out.   

Bughawk
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3313
    I have enough reality in my real life so I choose not to watch reality TV. When I watch TV I want to relax and enjoy a good story, not witness a group of over grown adolescents behaving badly. When we as a society believe this type of stuff is quality entertainment, it is time to pull the plug. What next, people believing the WWF is real?

pax vobiscum +
    coldfront
    Pro Angler
    i know that i could live without tv.  it is so lame anymore.  cable news is filled with kiddie-drama, the history channel, tlc a&e, and a few others have turned to staged shows, pro sports has turned me off with their 'me first, my fans' attitude and the old 'big three' are desperately trying to sell anything to stay afloat.
    Bughawk
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3313
    Bring back Flipper!!!!

pax vobiscum +
    Mikastorm
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 7846
    Saturday mornings with Tarzan...;)

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.

QuackerSmacker
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 182
    You mean the WWE is not real?
    CRAPPIE_SLAYER
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 361
    coldfront

i know that i could live without tv....  

Should give it a shot.  I haven't bought cable for the past 11yrs.  In my mind its just not worth it for the crap they put on it.  Would rather read books.  My computer is setup in the living room, and if I want do something to watch there is plenty to be found on the internet like movies, documentaries, hunting and fishing shows, etc.
    fishmonger
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 437
    I used to watch the Lawrence Welk Show with my grandmother, followed by Studio Wrestling!

Fishmonger
    coldfront
    Pro Angler
    crappie slayer,  one more year and we are empty-nesters.  we will do away with cable altogether at that point.  i find the 'net' invaluable if not entertaining, so that will stay for the time being.

i did make myself watch fifteen minutes of one more episode of m.m.  'useless' in  north carolina probably was force fed acting lessons to try to make the drama seem real.  it didn't work and i turned it off.  done.
    Accountant
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 494
    I'm under the age of 30, and i do not have cable or the internet at my apartment.  If it wasnt for sports, id zero urge to get cable. 
    bigcountryhuntr
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 239
    Ya'll sound like a bunch of mountain men yourselves. I for one couldn't go a week without watching jersey shore's new episodes or re-runs. I mean what will happen to the situation after snooki has her baby? THIS IS WHAT LIFE IS ALL ABOUT!!!

I agree nothing good on the tele anymore, I end up watching food network for some new recipes and to see if giada's boob eventually falls out.

If I agreed with you we’d both be wrong.
    coldfront
    Pro Angler

Dim Mak
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 116
    I have only watched 1 episode of MM and have to agree with you about the stench of the staged scenes.  The guy in the NC mountains, don't remember his name, don't care to, he's standing in the middle of his alfalfa field (or whatever he was growing) and a shot rings out from a nearby turkey hiunter.  He automatically assumes the shot came from his land.   Then he takes after the guy with his buddy on horseback.   But they can only take the horsies so far, adding to the drama, then his buddy trips over the log, delaying the chase just enough for the poacher to make a clean getaway.   Somehow I think the guy on the ATV was part of the film crew and as you said, definitely staged.     Then he goes into town on horseback to face the music about his farm being repossessed.   But he's never been to town before on horseback.   More drama.   Shades of Eric Rudolf.   

Same episode, guy in Alaska has a plane that carries only so much weight, he takes his wife and daughter along but if he kills a caribou does he take his family back first and leave the meat for the grizzlies?   What plane did the camera crew arrive in?    Did they walk in?

I won't even get into the 3rd guy, the nutcase in Montana who makes his living collecting deer antlers.   
    just_wanna_fish
    Expert Angler
    if its on tv it has to be real right ? the shows get worse and worse i mean i have been in some "squatchy" woods before joe is right down there in the woods were that noise came from JOE did you hear that ?
    ya I heard it there must be a squatch around here
    coldfront
    Pro Angler
    i sent the history channel an email concerning this man-drama.  from what the history channel was ten years ago until today is unbelievable.   mountain men should be on the comedy channel.
    just_wanna_fish
    Expert Angler
    how is it that the history channel doesnt have history show anymore ?
    thunderpole
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 372
    I go squachin art the time there out there haha and duck camander was way better and there calls ant even that good,except the wood duck

I'd rather be lucky then good,but im to good to be lucky
    Jump to: