2024/04/17 12:35:26
crappiefisher
https://ioutdoor.com/fish...AjwEAEYAiAAEgKcAfD_BwE                                                                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7OTJFp30NI     

2024/04/27 14:03:40
eyeassassin
I went to Raccoon on Monday didn’t catch a thing
2024/05/01 22:58:18
MyWar
Hit the yough last Friday and today after work. Fished near whitsett. Got a handful of small-ish bass both times. Had a better pattern going today and got most of my fish in the last hour or so on the water. They were tucked way way up against the shoreline. Might have had a better day if I figured that out earlier.

No trout, but I guess that shouldn’t be surprising since I was mainly throwing ned rigs and paddletail swimbaits.

Last week some kids in a canoe had a stringer full of trout, and they told me they caught a couple jumbo smallmouth too. They told me they were catching them all on nightcrawlers. Maybe I need to go back to basics next time. I’m pretty committed to artificials these days and rarely use live bait.

The water was hitting mid 60s today, the bass must be starting to spawn. Don’t know if I should bother with the river again until they are done.

I’ll be up at my buddy’s cabin this weekend. Weather looks bad but I’ll probably take the wading gear and try tionesta creek for a bit if it doesn’t get blown out. I guess trout would be the best species to target right now? Maybe try some inline spinners or live nightcrawlers?
2024/05/02 07:46:48
eyesandgillz
MyWar
Hit the yough last Friday and today after work. Fished near whitsett. Got a handful of small-ish bass both times. Had a better pattern going today and got most of my fish in the last hour or so on the water. They were tucked way way up against the shoreline. Might have had a better day if I figured that out earlier.

No trout, but I guess that shouldn’t be surprising since I was mainly throwing ned rigs and paddletail swimbaits.

Last week some kids in a canoe had a stringer full of trout, and they told me they caught a couple jumbo smallmouth too. They told me they were catching them all on nightcrawlers. Maybe I need to go back to basics next time. I’m pretty committed to artificials these days and rarely use live bait.

The water was hitting mid 60s today, the bass must be starting to spawn. Don’t know if I should bother with the river again until they are done.

I’ll be up at my buddy’s cabin this weekend. Weather looks bad but I’ll probably take the wading gear and try tionesta creek for a bit if it doesn’t get blown out. I guess trout would be the best species to target right now? Maybe try some inline spinners or live nightcrawlers?

With all the rain and high water we have had lately, probably TONS of worms/nightcrawlers getting washed down the creeks and rivers and easy pickin's for the fish.  I know my IG pool had a bazillion of them in the bottom of it this year when we took the cover off.  Never, ever had that many in the pool in the spring....I guess the second wettest April on record will do that..
2024/05/02 08:18:28
Porktown
I knew the first wettest April in HS.
2024/05/02 22:45:19
crappiefisher
 Son caught this 21" LM this evening on a tiny micro ice jig and ultra light setup. Only made it out a few times so far.       
2024/05/03 21:59:06
DeadGator401
Porktown

Get outta here
2024/05/04 00:03:45
pensfan1
The Big Lake is callin. Jus say'IN. First good wind day and we'll be headed mup'air
2024/05/04 11:52:55
crappiefisher
DeadGator401
Porktown

Get outta here

May and June are typically the wettest 'round these parts    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBlrMtFprKs 
2024/05/04 12:15:45
crappiefisher

Average Rainfall for Pittsburgh

MonthPrecipitationJan2.70in.Feb2.37in.Mar3.17in.Apr3.01in.May3.80in.Jun4.12in.Jul3.96in.Aug3.38in.Sept3.21in.Oct2.25in.Nov3.02in.Dec2.86in. 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account