Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
Author
Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 9687
  • Reward points: 0
2024/03/11 09:31:16 (permalink)

NFL 2024

Stillers signed Russell Wilson to a veterans minimum contract (Bronco's paying him $85M).  Not really sure what to think.  In his prime, he was a top 5-10 QB, which was 5+ years ago.  If Broncos are fine to get rid of him and eat $85M cap space, it says something...  He is definitely the starter, no doubt about that.  Regardless of how Mason (if he stays) or Kenny play in camp/preseason.  I have read that he is a locker room headache, which seems to be the norm for the Steelers now days.  It will be interesting to see how long it takes for him to have a bad game or two and handle the calls for Mason or Kenny.

On the brighter side, to me, this team needs a few things solidified before really addressing the QB position.  I'd rather they squash the idea of moving up in the draft and trade away the future for a questionable QB selection, that will have major issues if their other question marks aren't filled (and won't be able to address with trading away their future picks).  They may be able to address all of that in the draft & FA now.  Center has to be #1 and a second OT right with it.  Which I have been reading is a good draft for the O line.  Their CB talent is very limited.  JPJ looks to be a solid player with potential to be their next Ike Taylor, but behind him isn't much.  A promising late rounder that has been on IR, isn't something to bank on.  Would be just happy if he turns into a 3rd or 4th.  They need a legit #2.  ILB room was actually rather impressive, if they didn't all get hurt...  Would be nice to get a solid younger guy to add to that mix that they could lean on for years.  Diontae is looking for a trade, so would need a compliment to George if so.  With the team they left the playoffs with, I don't even think Mahommes makes them a real SB contender (against the actual Mahommes/Cheifs and a few other teams).  Yet Russell Wilson, who at his prime was not Mahommes.  Get the rest of the roster together and then think to mortgage the future on trading up in the draft in a year or two for that QB.  Maybe this Wilson signing allows this to happen, but likely puts them in that .500 range and needing to trade a ton to make it happen.

What might be best for them is if Wilson comes in and plays like Mitch, then Kenny and Mason come in and continue the trend.  Get a top 10 draft pick after the other holes are filled.  But I think they have enough talent regardless of the QB to avoid bottom 10 record.  I imagine all playing all season would be around .500, unless they can really make some roster corrections.

69 Replies Related Threads

ICE NUT
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1256
    Re: NFL 2024 2024/03/11 09:44:28 (permalink)
    If Mason is smart he'd tell steelers to take a hike.Kenny will be peed off and miserable and when he plays will stink as usual.Russell is a n improvement how much have to wait and see.And no matter what with the coaching they have you know the standard 9 and 8
    Mitchell
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 79
    Re: NFL 2024 2024/03/11 10:11:16 (permalink)
    Porktown
    Stillers signed Russell Wilson to a veterans minimum contract (Bronco's paying him $85M).  Not really sure what to think.  In his prime, he was a top 5-10 QB, which was 5+ years ago. 

Porktown, I just read an article yesterday that stated Wilson left town without a deal????

ICE NUT
    If Mason is smart he'd tell steelers to take a hike.Kenny will be peed off and miserable and when he plays will stink as usual.Russell is a n improvement how much have to wait and see.

Couple of weeks ago, Rudolph said he was completely open for a change of venue; thought he'd be better served for the balance of his career. Then, (maybe because the Steelers couldn't get a deal or the deal they could get was too expensive), the management began to woo him to stay. Who knows? It ain't over 'til it's over.

Whenever you want to know what the Democrats are up to, watch what they accuse the other side of doing.
    Porktown
    Pro Angler
    Re: NFL 2024 2024/03/11 12:45:42 (permalink)
    https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2024/3/11/24097189/pittsburgh-steelers-2024-free-agent-rumors-signing-trades-news-tracker

It isn’t official, but being reported by a bunch of sources. I heard the same thing yesterday on DVE with leaving town on no deal. Looks like they have until 3/15 until they can make it official.

Mason would be smart to move on. He won’t get the fair shake that he wants here. Whether it was the Miles Garret thing or what it was. They should have went with him for a year and rebuilt around him, then draft the franchise QB. The Mitch experiment then going to Kenny and not Mason was a blunder. He needs a new start somewhere, but will anyone give him anything more than a chance to be the backup? That is his ceiling here. If two guys get hurt, he might get another chance. It is going to be Wilson, then when he has issues, Kenny. If Kenny doesn’t show massive improvement in that time, they will go QB next year. If they fix many of the other holes, and other holes don’t develop, I’d be all for it. If they end up with some major injury bug next year, then all things off.
    pensfan1
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3425
    Re: NFL 2024 2024/03/11 19:05:00 (permalink)
    New Castle product, Geno Stone gets 2 yrs $15M from Cincinnati. Good for him. 💪 He led the AFC with 7 Ints and finished 2nd in the league. Knowing him personally, we couldn't be happier for him. He's a great kid.
    Mitchell
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 79
    Re: NFL 2024 2024/03/12 10:28:50 (permalink)
    Free agency can really get your head spinnin'. I find it a bit ironic that if Wilson becomes the Steeler starter that his salary will be paid by the Denver Broncos. I think he still has $45M guaranteed on his contract?

Whenever you want to know what the Democrats are up to, watch what they accuse the other side of doing.
    Porktown
    Pro Angler
    Re: NFL 2024 2024/03/12 14:22:25 (permalink)
    Mitchell
    Free agency can really get your head spinnin'. I find it a bit ironic that if Wilson becomes the Steeler starter that his salary will be paid by the Denver Broncos. I think he still has $45M guaranteed on his contract?

That is why he is a huge question mark to me. He has proven to be a great QB, obviously toward the end of his career. But for a team to be willing to pay someone $45M or whatever the bill is, to leave, makes you wonder how bad he is to a locker room? Not only are they covering his contract, minus the $1M the Steelers are covering, but something like $85M hit to their cap space. That is a lot of depth chart pay they are giving up to get rid of someone.

That said, if no locker room issues, getting a guy of his caliber for what they paid is crazy. Even tail end of career is a major step up. It allows them to put their money in addressing other areas. If they make a nice playoff run, then debate how they are going to pay him next year, then. At the very least puts the QB controversy to a rest for a little. They will give KP a chance to compete and be ready if Wilson gets injured. I highly doubt Wilson is going to “mentor” KP, but KP will be able to learn from playing behind an elite QB. Which is what they had Mason do, but just gave up on him. Regardless of how good anyone feels Mason did, he clearly has no faith from the coaches. Nothing he can do about that at this point beyond moving on.
    crappiefisher
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3349
    Re: NFL 2024 2024/03/12 14:39:01 (permalink)
    Got Patrick for 3 years. 24 year old all pro 
    post edited by crappiefisher - 2024/03/12 14:53:09
    psu_fish
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3104
    Re: NFL 2024 2024/03/12 14:43:16 (permalink)
    Kenny was a major reach at 20....proven to be true
    crappiefisher
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3349
    Re: NFL 2024 2024/03/12 20:37:51 (permalink)
     Diontae for Donte. Got a CB
    Porktown
    Pro Angler
    Re: NFL 2024 2024/03/12 20:45:12 (permalink)
    psu_fish

The guy lives in your head rent free. 

Courtesy of NFL.com.

Pickett - Prospect Grade - 6.40 - Rd1 P20

Mahomes - Prospect Grade - 6.30 Rd1 P10

Tubisky - Prospect Grade - 7.00 Rd1 P2

Mayfield - Prospect Grade - 6.70 Rd1 P1

Bortles - Prospect Grade - 6.80 Rd1 P3

Feel free to look others up.  Pickett was graded by EVERYONE besides PSFs as a late first round pick and exactly where he went.  Do they always work?  Of course not.  Look at the "can't miss" high first rounders.  Mahommes in your mind must have been a 5th rounder, no?  Let me guess, you knew all of these other guys were going to be busts?  Just like JoePa knew?

DeadGator401
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 907
    Re: NFL 2024 2024/03/12 23:05:35 (permalink)
    Glad to see they're doing something and not actually trying to bargain shop it seems. 

Pork - PSU's been muted since he went after Pensfans teenager daughter. A teenager. Not surprising, considering you know what but - at that point, I just blocked him. Dudes not worth engaging with. 
    psu_fish
    Pro Angler
    Re: NFL 2024 2024/03/13 08:51:12 (permalink)
    Porktown
    psu_fish

Courtesy of NFL.com.

Feel free to look others up.  Pickett was graded by EVERYONE besides PSFs as a late first round pick and exactly where he went.  Do they always work?  Of course not.  Look at the "can't miss" high first rounders.  Mahommes in your mind must have been a 5th rounder, no?  Let me guess, you knew all of these other guys were going to be busts?  Just like JoePa knew?

He sucks at NFL level, truth hurts. 

Just cause Steelers passed on Marino, DID not mean they had to take Kenny in 1st round. He would've been available in 2nd round. Desperate teams make desperate moves, and it backfired. Colbert and Tomlin caved to the local media bias. Kenny took 5 years in the ACC to develop. For being "NFL" ready, he sure stares down 1st read and cant process. 

All you yinzers would have wanted Kenny gone last year if he did not attend Pitt. Steelers will be on the QB carousel for foreseeable future, really hope its not a gap like Bradshaw to Ben. 

DeadGator401
    Expert Angler
    Re: NFL 2024 2024/03/13 21:18:44 (permalink)
    Yeah see? All it says is "Member in blocked list". Fantastic. 

anzomcik
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 720
    Re: NFL 2024 2024/03/14 07:08:43 (permalink)
    DeadGator401

FWIW, PSU was not the only person who took what Pens wrote the way he did. While its been probably years since I posted, I do read the posts almost daily. I read it the same way and actually had to read it several times trying to see it from a different way. I do not feel I'm a bad person for reading a forum post and interrupting it in a way the author didn't intend. Its a fishing forum we are normal people, our posts are not edited from a publisher. 

This is a football thread, why did you bring up politics? Leave it in a politics threads.

Why bring up you blocked a member? You blocked him to not see his stuff, but then you announce you blocked him. All you did was announce he lives rent free in your head. 

Lets keep the football thread about football.
    post edited by anzomcik - 2024/03/14 07:15:25
    Porktown
    Pro Angler
    Re: NFL 2024 2024/03/14 10:27:34 (permalink)
    psu_fish
    Porktown
    psu_fish

Courtesy of NFL.com.

He sucks at NFL level, truth hurts. 

Just cause Steelers passed on Marino, DID not mean they had to take Kenny in 1st round. He would've been available in 2nd round. Desperate teams make desperate moves, and it backfired. Colbert and Tomlin caved to the local media bias. Kenny took 5 years in the ACC to develop. For being "NFL" ready, he sure stares down 1st read and cant process. 

All you yinzers would have wanted Kenny gone last year if he did not attend Pitt. Steelers will be on the QB carousel for foreseeable future, really hope its not a gap like Bradshaw to Ben. 

Rent Free!
    psu_fish
    Pro Angler
    Re: NFL 2024 2024/03/14 16:09:36 (permalink)
    DeadGator401

So brave! So Stunning! 
    psu_fish
    Pro Angler
    Re: NFL 2024 2024/03/14 16:26:03 (permalink)
    anzomcik
    DeadGator401

FWIW, PSU was not the only person who took what Pens wrote the way he did. While its been probably years since I posted, I do read the posts almost daily. I read it the same way and actually had to read it several times trying to see it from a different way. I do not feel I'm a bad person for reading a forum post and interrupting it in a way the author didn't intend. Its a fishing forum we are normal people, our posts are not edited from a publisher. 

This is a football thread, why did you bring up politics? Leave it in a politics threads.

Why bring up you blocked a member? You blocked him to not see his stuff, but then you announce you blocked him. All you did was announce he lives rent free in your head. 

Libs need it political stuff, they are absolutely miserable souls. 
    DeadGator401
    Expert Angler
    Re: NFL 2024 2024/03/14 17:08:54 (permalink)
    The adult man who identifies himself via an educational institution, is angry that another adult man, attended a different educational institution than the one he chooses to identify himself by. 
    DeadGator401
    Expert Angler
    Re: NFL 2024 2024/03/14 17:13:36 (permalink)
    anzomcik
    DeadGator401

One time, on Tamarack Lake in 2009 I think - I crushed Musky with a Lucky Strike little perch number trolling at 1.2mh. Was amazing Perch pattern, jointed action. 

I don't believe I mentioned politics in any capacity? Reading back I don't see it? 
    I was suggesting to another poster on ways to handle a situation - and explaining the rationale. 

For reference, the incident I mention was a year or 2 ago. 
    anzomcik
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 720
    Re: NFL 2024 2024/03/14 18:25:31 (permalink)
    You referenced the political post that mentioned pens hopes his daughter could terminate her child life should it be conceived in a certain situation. Sound about right?

That post gained traction to the point a small reference and most could clearly know what you ment. So to say you didn’t mention it in any capacity, well you kinda did.
    Porktown
    Pro Angler
    Re: NFL 2024 2024/03/14 22:45:19 (permalink)
    First off, Pensfan is one of my dudes. We have fished together, contact each other every so often and have kids in similar sports/ages, so have more than just fishing connection and just a good dude. If we lived 15 minutes apart, I imagine we would likely hang out a lot more. Could be said of others that I have hung out with personally or conversations with on this site. I personally feel most of us would get along great if politics never enter the conversation.

The PSU Fish comments a few years ago were bad. But I don’t think they were meant to be personally insulting, joking around and hope he doesn’t have kids. If he does, and any are girls, very poor judgement in mentioning anything sesctual (for banned words) to a father of any girl and especially one towards minor females. Unless you are best buds with someone, joking around that their girl(s) are hoes, is not cool. How anyone could interpret his comments other than either joking around or completely insulting, is beyond me. I took it as bad taste joking.

As for the football talk… Stillers picked up a contributor safety. After using 7 of them last year, not a bad move. Seemed like the 1-2 guys the Steelers would bring in under Colbert. They never tanked under that philosophy. But definitely more exciting living like the other teams in the off season. SB winning QB, all pro LB and trade for a pretty even CB to WR, is something to be excited about.

For PSU and his constant repeat of his opinion of Steelers selecting KP. What are you going to do now that you don’t have a reason to keep repeating? He is still on the roster, so still in your head. I’d imagine at least 5 more repeats of your “it is because of Pitt” before this time next year. No doubt after you read this, you are going to go into a major self crisis to not respond (repeat for the 50th time). Apologies if you are diagnosed OCD. If not, maybe talk to someone and start collecting rent?
    psu_fish
    Pro Angler
    Re: NFL 2024 2024/03/15 09:04:47 (permalink)
    Go back and look at the pre draft talk about Kenny....he was a low ceiling guy, with high floor (same as Mac Jones, btw.). The kid from Liberty was supposed to go 1st round as well, pre draft....how that turn out? 

Basically he was "NFL" ready but you wont see much growth out of him, moving forward, which is perfect for Tomlin when 9-8 is the standard.

Low floor guy needs talent around them to succeed. KP had 1st rounder in Harris at RB, plus hard running Warren.  A 2nd round TE who is 6-5, 258 lbs, and two capable WR's on the roster. Keep making excuses. 

The guy you referenced above, were all drafted in 1st round on potential to be great based on measurable. What was KP best asset? "Moxie". Yikes. 

This year, Daniels from LSU will be drafted high because of future high ceiling. Richardson went early to the Colts because of future high ceiling. 

You dont draft average QB in 1st round. Steelers 100% could have moved back in the draft and still got KP. 

Some stats for you for Year 2 in NFL: 

Pickett: 6 TD - 4 INT QBR 81.4

Trubisky: 24 TD - 12 INT 95.4 QBR 

Mahomes: 50 TD - 12 INT 113.8 QBR 

Baker: 22 TD- 21 INT 78.8 QBR

Bortles: 35 TD - 18 INT 88.2 QBR. 

Go look at Josh Allen and Jalen Hurts stats from Year 2 into Year 3...great upward growth....KP battling a washed Russ Wilson for job...Double Yikes. 

psu_fish
    Pro Angler
    Re: NFL 2024 2024/03/15 09:07:45 (permalink)
    DeadGator401
    The adult man who identifies himself via an educational institution, is angry that another adult man, attended a different educational institution than the one he chooses to identify himself by. 

Bruh, this is a fishing forum...not the DMV. I created this account when I was a freshman in college 20 years ago...

WTF is DeadGator401? Your parents name you that? 
    Porktown
    Pro Angler
    Re: NFL 2024 2024/03/15 11:22:21 (permalink)
    Rent free dude. I knew you wouldn’t last, but a few hours? Wow. Again, apologies if you are clinically OCD or other.
    psu_fish
    Pro Angler
    Re: NFL 2024 2024/03/15 11:33:47 (permalink)
    Porktown
    Rent free dude. I knew you wouldn’t last, but a few hours? Wow. Again, apologies if you are clinically OCD or other.

Cope and seethe bruh, your golden child sucks at NFL level. Feel free to PM with opinions on raising kids...
    post edited by psu_fish - 2024/03/15 11:35:06
    bigfoot
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2523
    Re: NFL 2024 2024/03/15 11:40:46 (permalink)
    Oh boy, here we go. Looks like it’s on.

"Life's meaning has always eluded me and I guess it always will. But I love it just the same."
    Quote: E.B. White

eyesandgillz
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4011
    Re: NFL 2024 2024/03/15 12:21:26 (permalink)
    Fun times

DeadGator401
    Expert Angler
    Re: NFL 2024 2024/03/15 14:16:47 (permalink)
    anzomcik
    You referenced the political post that mentioned pens hopes his daughter could terminate her child life should it be conceived in a certain situation. Sound about right?

That post gained traction to the point a small reference and most could clearly know what you ment. So to say you didn’t mention it in any capacity, well you kinda did.

I wasn't aware it was such a remembered moment, but yep - that's the one.
    Still - has nothing to do with politics. 

People don't forget, and men who take the route that was taken here, shouldn't be forgotten. 

psu_fish
    Pro Angler
    Re: NFL 2024 2024/03/15 14:33:53 (permalink)
    DeadGator401
    anzomcik

I wasn't aware it was such a remembered moment, but yep - that's the one.
    Still - has nothing to do with politics. 

People don't forget, and men who take the route that was taken here, shouldn't be forgotten. 

Believe me, nobody thinks about you outside of the forum drivel you post, LMAO. Like I said, PM all you want, I refuse to sully this NFL thread with more political crap. I regret nothing. 
    Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
    Jump to: