A first for me

Author
Clint S
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3706
  • Reward points: 0
2020/08/16 18:55:06 (permalink)

A first for me

We went to Onieda today . It was a bit rough , but not constant white caps. Big swells though
We were drifting and I got a keeper 2 bites and my buddy got one. After an hour or so we both got seasick. Never happened to me before except once on the ocean with 10 foot swells, and then everyone on the boat was. We were both so sick we had to come in. A few minutes on land and all was well. Guess I'm getting old

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met

The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing.  ~Babylonian Proverb

4 Replies Related Threads

Fisherlady2
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2196
    Re: A first for me 2020/08/16 20:39:08 (permalink)
    Sorry you got sick, .maybe medication related though. Hubby is on numerous BP/heart meds and they made him susceptible to motion sickness.
    Clint S
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3706
    Re: A first for me 2020/08/16 21:15:07 (permalink)
    That was my first thought on the meds , but my buddy up front was also feeling it pretty bad. I think they were just the right height and interval to get us both.

The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing.  ~Babylonian Proverb

hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6388
    Re: A first for me 2020/08/16 21:24:29 (permalink)
    I get land lubbers sickness for my first day or so on a rocky boat. After a day I'm ok and tough walking on solid ground again for a day after.
    What it means to me is I'm not spending enough time aclamacting to conditions.

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
    BeenThereDoneThat.
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 11939
    Re: A first for me 2020/08/17 06:44:16 (permalink)
    Not so much from botor moating but I double-dog-dare-ya to let me, ride in the back seat of your car.🥴

Motion sickness has got to be at the top of the list, for being down right nasty.😱🤢🤮

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

Jump to: