Normally hate youtube but this is a good video...

Author
eyesandgillz
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3398
  • Reward points: 0
2020/08/13 17:00:43 (permalink)

Normally hate youtube but this is a good video...

Might have seen this before but if not, worth the 43 minute watch.  Don't start it if you don't have the time...you probably won't turn it off until it's done....

Pilot dies, passenger lands the plane with his wife and 2 daughters on board.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqPvVxxIDr0

15 Replies Related Threads

Porktown
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 7579
    Re: Normally hate youtube but this is a good video... 2020/08/13 20:20:35 (permalink)
    How can you hate Youtube?  There is a video on there to fix just about anything!!!
    eyesandgillz
    Pro Angler
    Re: Normally hate youtube but this is a good video... 2020/08/14 08:32:50 (permalink)
    Well....other than that................

I hate how my kids sometimes get glued to it....watching stoopid videos....
    DarDys
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4644
    Re: Normally hate youtube but this is a good video... 2020/08/14 10:16:46 (permalink)
    Porktown
    How can you hate Youtube?Β  There is a video on there to fix just about anything!!!

I’ve learned a bunch from YouTube.

But one of the main things is you don’t have to have a clue how to do something in order to have a YouTube video on how to do it.

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
    BeenThereDoneThat.
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 11796
    Re: Normally hate youtube but this is a good video... 2020/08/14 10:47:08 (permalink)
    πŸ₯΄ Hell I had to watch YouTube to learn how to use YouTube. 🀭

I gotta admit YouTube have saved me bunches of money with ''how to'' and ''reviews''.

Heck just saved a couple thousand this month alone. We need a car that can be ''recreation towed'' and not only did I learn what I needed and how to install but learned too, my wife's new car already meets all the criteria for flat towing.

So with a few wrenches, and a few taps on the internet ''buy button'' I installed an ''Invisibrake'' braking system, an 'Blue Ox'' towing system and a trailer towing receiver for a bike rack on her car.

So who says ya can't teach an old dog new tricks? 😬

🀫 Don't say anything, my wife thought I was changing the oil.😬

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met
    post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2020/08/14 11:03:42

Attachment(s)

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

DarDys
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4644
    Re: Normally hate youtube but this is a good video... 2020/08/14 11:28:40 (permalink)
    Not saying I didn’t learn a lot from YouTube because I did β€” after sifting through the β€œI’ve never done this before, but...” videos or the ones where I knew the first five steps and was looking for what happened after that, but the video does one or more of the first five wrong (not different, but actually wrong), indicating they never did this before, but they will tell you how to.

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
    Porktown
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 7579
    Re: Normally hate youtube but this is a good video... 2020/08/14 12:11:29 (permalink)
    No doubt for the kids, it is annoying them glued to it.  Especially the videos about video games...  But I have done stupider things as a kid, in the good old days when I pretty much left the house after breakfast and came home around dinner or dark.  Definitely more active in those days, but also got into stuff that I'd kill my kid if caught doing!

Watching for advice on how to, is just like anything.  If you stick to one source, you are likely going to get burned.  Usually after 4-5 videos, you will pick up a trend of guys doing things similar.  I have definitely saved thousands from Youtube.  Definitely one of my favorite around.  Not just because Chad was one of my college buddies either...
    BeenThereDoneThat.
    Pro Angler
    Re: Normally hate youtube but this is a good video... 2020/08/14 12:19:45 (permalink)
    πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚πŸ€£ If I caught my kids doing what I did.........

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

bigfoot
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2065
    Re: Normally hate youtube but this is a good video... 2020/08/15 18:04:17 (permalink)
    I also enjoy youtube. Also like to listen to the music.

"The cause of freedom is not the cause of race or a sect, a party or a class-it is the cause of human kind, the very birthright of humanity."Quote by Anna Julia Cooper.

EMitch
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 687
    Re: Normally hate youtube but this is a good video... 2020/08/15 21:49:31 (permalink)
    Ya know, we're supposed to have compassion for our fellow man, and I do, at least I think so. But now, seein' that our brother fisherman and fellow board member is the owner of one of those G0d#**@! foreign 500s, (the bane of Italy), I don't know which way to turn. Good luck, BT, and may the Good Lord take a likin' to ya, 'cause Fiat sure as hell won't!

It is better to have loved and lost than to live with a psycho for the rest of your life.
    BeenThereDoneThat.
    Pro Angler
    Re: Normally hate youtube but this is a good video... 2020/08/15 22:18:03 (permalink)
    🀭 I don't know if I should πŸ˜‚ 😭 or πŸ’©.

It's one of of the few cars ya can recreational tow, 4-down, behind a motorhome just by placing the tranny in neutral and tow at 65mph with no time limit and the thing only weighs 3300 pounds, plus the thing gets 40 mpg city. The gas milage will be fabulous when I'm driving up and down the gulf shore line, looking for stupid fish.

BESIDES....😩 my wife made me do it. 😞

Don't be mad at me k? 😬

PS. We hope we can find a nice southern vehicle like a Jeep Wrangler and get a good deal around a southern college town or big city where the 500s are popular.

I've looked at few Wranglers around here, but them dam things is still in the 20G range for a mid 2000s with rust.
    post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2020/08/15 22:30:42

EMitch
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 687
    Re: Normally hate youtube but this is a good video... 2020/08/16 05:48:14 (permalink)
    Yep! Truth of the matter about a Wrangler. Buy a new one, take good care of it and keep the miles down some, and in 10 years you can still retail it for 2/3s of what you paid for it or more.
    We can't keep Wranglers on the lot at the dealership. Friday we only had two Wranglers and two Gladiators left. We usually have between 15 to 20. Should be a carrier or two comin' early next week.
    Truthfully, Jeeps & Rams are movin' big time. Our figures go up on our Dealer Connect website every day, and as of the 14th of August, they already have 35 new ones out the door for the month. Trump said the other day that the Automakers were movin'! He was right! (again)

It is better to have loved and lost than to live with a psycho for the rest of your life.
    BeenThereDoneThat.
    Pro Angler
    Re: Normally hate youtube but this is a good video... 2020/08/16 09:28:52 (permalink)
    Hope u r right as we be trading the 2500 Mopar Big H, in a few weeks. 🀞

Gotta get this is the wrong thread 🀭and besides..... we're on the road again....🀫

JM2
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 709
    Re: Normally hate youtube but this is a good video... 2020/08/20 12:56:57 (permalink)
    I was camped on the Green River, a few miles below Fontenelle reservoir, several years ago. There was a huge motorhome in the campground, with AK plates pulling a full size pickup truck. I think it was even a crew cab, but I know it had a full size bed. In the bed of the pickup was a big ATV. So big that it was on some type of ramp in the bed of the truck that the front of the ATV was tilted up about 35 degrees, and over the cab so it would fit in the truck bed. A pretty impressive set up, but maybe a bit much.
    eyesandgillz
    Pro Angler
    Re: Normally hate youtube but this is a good video... 2020/08/23 11:19:52 (permalink)
    So, did anyone actually watch the video??????????
    BeenThereDoneThat.
    Pro Angler
    Re: Normally hate youtube but this is a good video... 2020/08/23 12:26:57 (permalink)
    oops.... silly me I thought this board was why a guy would hate YouTube. MyBad. Besides... DarDy made me do it.πŸ€—

Anyways...

🀚Me... I did, I watched it and all I can say is if that were me sitting in the pilots seat, I wouldn't be here to say me... I did.

Thank goodness the guy had some training and thank God for air control personnel who can keep their cool in an emergency. Had these people not gotten the plane back on the ground safely, there is no telling the size of the tragedy.

Very nice tribute to the Colonel at the end.

Care to know why I do not travel by air?😬
    post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2020/08/23 12:53:21

Jump to: