Are we allowed to launch boats and fish in state parks?

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
treesparrow
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 651
  • Reward points: 0
2020/03/26 08:37:21 (permalink)

Are we allowed to launch boats and fish in state parks?

What is the consensus of law and also moral obligation as to fishing at this time? The social restrictions are not spelled out in black and white in regards to the coronavirus. Or perhaps I am just ill informed.

47 Replies Related Threads

Panfisher
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 799
    Re: Are we allowed to launch boats and fish in state parks? 2020/03/26 09:16:32 (permalink)
    Yes, the boat launches are open and you are allowed to fish.  I have been fishing in a state park in my neck of the woods and lots of boats are out.  However, the restrooms are locked and the campgrounds are closed.  

The only thing better than 1 day of fishing is 2 days of fishing.
    solitario lupo
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 298
    Re: Are we allowed to launch boats and fish in state parks? 2020/03/26 11:00:06 (permalink)
    As far as I can understand where not supposed to go anywhere and stay home. All depends on the parks I guess. Can’t get to my Lakes or boat launch gates are closed.
    bubbaman
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 239
    Re: Are we allowed to launch boats and fish in state parks? 2020/03/26 12:13:21 (permalink)
    no they are encouraging people to get out side , but maintain social distancing of at least 6ft. fishing is good but stay away from close proximity to other people. which brings us to opening day of trout season. my opinion is they should postpone opening day this year until may at least, its hard to believe they are ignoring this. but yes you can still fish at state park lakes.
    mopars0
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 742
    Re: Are we allowed to launch boats and fish in state parks? 2020/03/26 12:44:50 (permalink)
    Yeah my son called me last night wondering about trout season opener ... told him I hadn’t heard anything yet about that .

STEVE.
    crappiefisher
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3335
    Re: Are we allowed to launch boats and fish in state parks? 2020/03/26 14:01:46 (permalink)
     Pymy looked worser than any opening day ov Trout or holiday today.  Leat most bait shops are closed up this way.

crappy
    crappiefisher
    Pro Angler
    Re: Are we allowed to launch boats and fish in state parks? 2020/03/26 16:51:02 (permalink)
     Son caught these in little over a hr. at a state park today on plastics.

crappy
    mopars0
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 742
    Re: Are we allowed to launch boats and fish in state parks? 2020/03/26 18:44:06 (permalink)
    Awesome 👍👍

STEVE.
    CRAPPIE_SLAYER
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1156
    Re: Are we allowed to launch boats and fish in state parks? 2020/03/26 19:15:47 (permalink)
    Nice catch!
    CAPTAIN HOOK
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2384
    Re: Are we allowed to launch boats and fish in state parks? 2020/03/26 20:25:10 (permalink)
    Pymy is open to fishing at least on Pa. shores ...not sure about Ohio with their state status lockdown. Lots of people out walking , biking ,and some fishing . Everybody seems to automatically be keeping their safe distance that I seen today ....nice .

I caught nothing but the lake was clear and calm....lots of dead Shad and feeding seagulls .  

A lot of local creeks have been stocked with Trout and some areas like Fish for Fun are already open .
    post edited by CAPTAIN HOOK - 2020/03/26 20:27:45
    crappiefisher
    Pro Angler
    Re: Are we allowed to launch boats and fish in state parks? 2020/03/26 21:13:19 (permalink)
       North end was packed parking areas, Linesville, Wilson & Red Cross. Didn't even get out ov car those places. Found a place from shore (no one around) (wonder why??) with my brother Steve & I only caught 1 dink Perch in 'bout 2 hrs LOL. Lake was purdy rough but would have been a good Eye chop from boat.

Seagulls have been hitting the fields in front & behind our camp purdy good this week. They look snow covered at times. 

Son fished Arthur with his Girlfriend today. He just messaged me & said he just bought a 17.5' Roughneck Duck boat tonight. Told him he better sell at the least 15 ov his other boats 
    post edited by crappiefisher - 2020/03/26 22:50:56
    crappiefisher
    Pro Angler
    Re: Are we allowed to launch boats and fish in state parks? 2020/03/26 21:24:31 (permalink)
      Now he messaged me he wants to go look at a Raddison square back 
    ATTE1
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 73
    Re: Are we allowed to launch boats and fish in state parks? 2020/03/27 09:55:58 (permalink)
    Are the boat ramps open at pymy or arthur?
    fishfighter1
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 42
    Re: Are we allowed to launch boats and fish in state parks? 2020/03/27 11:34:23 (permalink)
    Fishing is now banned in Washington State

https://keprtv.com/amp/news/local/recreational-fishing-banned-statewide-fish-and-wildlife-says?fbclid=IwAR0DjeQsUDDIDezKDwhGlv5XHB9lb6_zYmuiPP_FlGV4UrHcR8uE10b_tBU

Here is a quote from the article:
    “We’ve seen an uptick in outdoor recreation at some locations in recent weeks as people have looked for ways to get outside,” said WDFW Fish Program Director Kelly Cunningham. “We’ve had reports of crowded boat ramps and busy fishing on some rivers, which runs counter to the governor’s direction to stay home and practice social distancing.”

This could be an omen of things to come.Some boat ramps have been at capacity, as everyone is not working. Boat ramps are becoming choke points for people from all over the Tri state area. They are telling you to stay at home, not drive 2 hours to go to crowded boat ramp on Pymatuning. It will be interesting to see as this virus progresses, what steps will be taken.  If the people won't do it on there own, I guess the government will do it for you. 
    post edited by fishfighter1 - 2020/03/27 11:43:09
    walleye taker
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 129
    Re: Are we allowed to launch boats and fish in state parks? 2020/03/27 20:42:22 (permalink)
    Yes let’s shut everything down hunting fishing ,work, everything. Let the Government run it all they know best right!! Ask the American Indian how that works out in the end. 

I will take my chances on My own before I trust the idiots in government.
    post edited by walleye taker - 2020/03/27 20:45:31
    Big Tuna
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1882
    Re: Are we allowed to launch boats and fish in state parks? 2020/03/29 04:09:58 (permalink)
    I've been fishing Pymy and P.I. as of Thursday.....all launches were open..public restrooms closed. Linesville livery was pack one day.....fishing is inconsistent...one day you get them,next day you don't.....
    fishfighter1
    New Angler
    Re: Are we allowed to launch boats and fish in state parks? 2020/03/29 11:53:23 (permalink)
    So, now that Allegheny, Beaver, Butler & Erie counties are on a stay at home order and I'm sure more counties are to follow. What does that mean fishing wise." Stay at home "seems pretty clear to me , I don't think hooking up your boat and driving to Pymatuning from one of the counties listed fits under the" life sustaining business" heading. How would they inforce? I guess one way would be shut all parks down, ramps and all. I for one can wait a couple weeks, if that what it takes to keep myself or my family from getting sick or possibly passing to someone who just isn't able to fight it or spreading it further to a county like Crawford that just doesn't have the medical facilities to handle a big influx of virus patients. 
    bubbaman
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 239
    Re: Are we allowed to launch boats and fish in state parks? 2020/03/29 12:32:23 (permalink)
    with all the reports of lakes and streams being so full of people fishing, the fish commish better not start crying no money from license sales this year !
    chauncy
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1298
    Re: Are we allowed to launch boats and fish in state parks? 2020/03/29 15:33:35 (permalink)
    Having 3 or more people in a small boat will definitely get the attention of the powers that be, that are looking to enforce the distancing rule. Think smart, be smart. Don’t give them a reason to shut fishing down.
    ICE NUT
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1253
    Re: Are we allowed to launch boats and fish in state parks? 2020/03/29 15:39:40 (permalink)

As this spreads and it will fishing will be the last thing you'll be thinking about.Dr falci today says likely 100K to 200K people will die from this virus.Sure looks like it will get worse I pray not .Not worried about a few perch or bluegills now worried about all of us!!!!

BeenThereDoneThat.
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 11939
    Re: Are we allowed to launch boats and fish in state parks? 2020/03/29 23:25:49 (permalink)
    Guys & gals, I think Kenny has the best approach but unfortunately, I don't think many people will use such common sense.

I can attest first hand and I'm here to tell you miles of beaches and millions of people, many of them anglers, have been denied access to public waters and parks.

In addition, RV Parks/Camp Grounds are only open (in some states) to folks needing to return home. State parks are delaying the opening of campgrounds.

If you haven't seen or heard about, states on the east coast are beginning to warn of travel as masses attempt leaving the populated cities and migrating to the country/mountains/beaches.

Myself, I'm seeing these folks taking advantage of an extended vacation and heading for camps and summer homes.

It sounds like all y'all are beginning to experience the same results and I'm willing to bet, it will continue to get worse until there comes a vaccine, or we see all public parks and waterways shut down.... which ever comes first.

Be safe, stay well, tight lines.

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

treesparrow
    Expert Angler
    Re: Are we allowed to launch boats and fish in state parks? 2020/03/30 15:22:25 (permalink)
       This may unfortunately come to be known as the lost year and I pray not to many more lost lives. I am getting to old to miss out on spending time with my fishing rods for a whole season. If I still had my old Gilbert chemistry set I would start working on a cure. It just might be somewhere between smoke bomb and making water turn into wine.  My wine was awful tasting but my mother could instantly recognize my smoke bombs.
       I know this is not a laughing matter but I have found humor can help lighten a dark reality.
       May all of us and our love ones stay healthy.  
    treesparrow
    Expert Angler
    Re: Are we allowed to launch boats and fish in state parks? 2020/03/30 15:26:57 (permalink)
        If the POTUS can quite golfing I guess I can let the fish relax.
    post edited by treesparrow - 2020/03/30 15:28:44
    fishfighter1
    New Angler
    Re: Are we allowed to launch boats and fish in state parks? 2020/03/30 21:31:21 (permalink)
    South Carolina has just closed everything as well. I'm thinking we won't far behind. Might be time to think about staying home people.

"S.C. Gov. Henry McMaster ordered the state’s beaches and waterways closed to the public, amid concerns crowds enjoying the warm weather could further spread the coronavirus."

“As a result of behavior observed this past weekend by the Department of Natural Resources and SLED, it has become necessary to close public access to our state’s beaches, and close boat ramps and landings on our state’s lakes, rivers and waterways,”

https://www.thestate.com/news/coronavirus/article241634416.html
    post edited by fishfighter1 - 2020/03/30 21:52:07
    walleye taker
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 129
    Re: Are we allowed to launch boats and fish in state parks? 2020/03/31 00:21:17 (permalink)
    Relax Francis it’s going to be ok. 
    fishfighter1
    New Angler
    Re: Are we allowed to launch boats and fish in state parks? 2020/03/31 14:54:56 (permalink)
    Well, I guess I'll relax when I don't have to worry about going out and possibly getting sick or passing it along to someone else. I'll relax when I can take my wife to our favorite restaurant. I'll relax when I can go meet my buddies after work for some beer and wings. I'll relax when I can go catch a movie. I'll relax when I launch my boat and not worry about the other 300 guys that touched the hand rails and dock that day. But hey, if you want to be your OWN man and do your OWN thing, then knock yourself out. Statistic's say your wrong. Best of luck to you. Comparing this situation to Native Americans and the US government is short sighted and a real stretch by any imagination. Maybe if you put some thought into this situation as much as you did whining about Tuttle point closing, you'd realize this is turning out to be pretty serious.  I'll let the fishing wait week or two, not worth it IMO.

Counties expanded now under stay at home order:
    The best way to stop the spread of disease and protect hospitals from being overwhelmed is to make all Pennsylvanians stay home, Wolf has said. His order remains in effect through April 30. The counties under the order as of March 30 are Allegheny, Beaver, Berks, Bucks, Butler, Cameron, Carbon, Centre, Chester, Crawford, Cumberland, Dauphin, Delaware, Erie, Forest, Franklin, Lackawanna, Lancaster, Lawrence, Lebanon, Lehigh, Luzerne, Monroe, Montgomery, Northampton, Philadelphia, Pike, Schuylkill, Somerset, Washington, Wayne, Westmoreland and York. 
    post edited by fishfighter1 - 2020/03/31 22:50:20
    crappiefisher
    Pro Angler
    BeenThereDoneThat.
    Pro Angler
    Re: Are we allowed to launch boats and fish in state parks? 2020/04/02 19:30:25 (permalink)
    Welp there all y'all have it, straight from the horse's mouth.

Thanks for putting the link up Crappiefisher.

Take care, be well.

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

CRAPPIE_SLAYER
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1156
    Re: Are we allowed to launch boats and fish in state parks? 2020/04/02 20:14:21 (permalink)
    According to the PAFBC I've been doing everything possible to avoid the spread of Covid19 for a number of years....even before it was known about.

Thanks for putting the info out there though crappie. Hopefully everyone is being respectful. I can only imagine the fights breaking out at the spillway over distancing. Might have to ride over this weekend and watch the chit show for a few minutes 😝
    BeenThereDoneThat.
    Pro Angler
    Re: Are we allowed to launch boats and fish in state parks? 2020/04/02 22:21:58 (permalink)
    I'd be interested in seeing how the pontoon boats loaded with 12 to 14 Amish will be handled.

Oooops silly me, those folks are all related, from same family... my bad.

I crossed the Espeyville causeway yesterday about 2:30 pm and all the boats looked to be keeping their distance on the southside. The northside had rolling whitecaps so no problem with boats being too close over there.

Good times, be safe, stay well, tight lines.
    post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2020/04/02 22:23:38

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to: