Helpful ReplyEverything we know and loved .......

Page: < 12345 > Showing page 2 of 5
Author
bubbaman
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 239
  • Reward points: 0
Re: Everything we know and loved ....... 2019/11/05 19:28:02 (permalink)
MyWar
Of course I do. You really think somebody that has no interest in fishing would actively seek out and find these boards?

AH  YEAH !!
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 11939
Re: Everything we know and loved ....... 2019/11/05 20:48:25 (permalink)
psu_fish
Do you even fish MyWar? Seems like all 58 posts of your "contributions" have been anti-Trump/political

MyWar

Of course I do. You really think somebody that has no interest in fishing would actively seek out and find these boards?

Following is a quote made by MyWar taken from the Trump Forum.

MyWar
I’ve been a member for several years. Pretty sure I joined before Trump got elected. I mainly stuck to the southwest and northwest boards because that’s where I fish. I didn’t realize people discussed politics on this board until recently.

Sure MyWar fishes, just like he says he joined the FishUSA forums before 2016 annnnnd yet, his bio shows he joined June 2018. Never found anything posted, by MyWar, on the Northwest or Southwest boards in that time period... but I'll stand corrected. 😉

Now don't get me wrong, I think he did join welllllll before 2016 and by saying so, let the cat out of the bag.

Comparing his present comments to comments of a few "trolls" of the past, I'm thinkin we might be dealing with multi-personalities here.

But younz be the judge. 🤔
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2019/11/05 20:54:53

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

MyWar
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1909
Re: Everything we know and loved ....... 2019/11/05 21:33:30 (permalink)
Wanna hear what bait I’ve had the most success with at Wilhelm this summer? It’s live shiners. Most productive areas were off the north shore opposite launch 1 near the dam.

Wanna hear my lure of choice when canoeing the yough? Bitsy bugs, on the hazelbakers float.

I think BeenThereDoneThat is just salty because I disrupted his little echo chamber in the Trump thread. Nothing I’ve posted anywhere on these forums is off topic or out of line.

This thread is about a topic that we as sportsmen and fishermen should care about. It’s political, AND it’s about fishing.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Everything we know and loved ....... 2019/11/05 22:31:25 (permalink)
Was that back when you joined the forums, before your "false" pre 2016 membership😉

Oops silly me, had I "read" the "full" story I would have seen you fished after your "true" membership date of June 2018.😉

So you fish Wilhelm and like the north shore across from launch #1.

Me too. 👍

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Sujie
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 113
Re: Everything we know and loved ....... 2019/11/06 00:50:26 (permalink)
psu_fish
Do you even fish MyWar? Seems like all 58 posts of your "contributions" have been anti-Trump/political

Can't stand it........ Anti Trump? Tell me PSU fish, is Trump involved in the fight to keep our waterways clean?
post edited by Sujie - 2019/11/06 06:41:56
Sujie
Avid Angler
Re: Everything we know and loved ....... 2019/11/06 00:52:05 (permalink)
Just curious BeenThereDoneThat .... How many gas wells do you have on your property?

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Everything we know and loved ....... 2019/11/06 07:40:25 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby rippinlip 2019/11/06 11:51:33
Sujie
Just curious BeenThereDoneThat .... How many gas wells do you have on your property?

Absolutely none, on my new to me location nor previously owned properties of 15 & 30 acres.

But I do have 66 years of experience, living the oil & coal fields of NW PA.

The first 18 years were the days of orange water running the ditches through neighborhoods with oil laden pools anywhere the brinewater slowed down. The days when the ditches drained into the small water streams dumping into French Creek and the Allegheny. The days when mine drainage followed similar routes, turning streams so acidic, nothing including aquatic plants could live in the waters. The days when raw sewage dumped directly into the creeks making it's way into French Creek and the Allegheny River. The days when oilfields viewed from above looked checkered by patches of thick tar and crude where wooden seperator barrels collected the brine and oil, pumped deep from the ground. The days when walking to school you could smell crude oil, mixed with the morning air. The days when thick black coal smoke could be seen wafting from chimneys of residential homes 8 months out of the year and pouring into the air, from industrial smoke stacks.

During that same time period I saw the Clean Water & Clean Air laws enacted and over the years, I've witnessed the same waterways going from polluted to sustaining life. Watched as residential homes & industry no longer pump black smoke from the chimneys. Drainage ditches no longer running orange and in many cases, if no longer needed to control surface run off, the ditches no longer exist.

During the years prior to the clean air/water acts, should an accidental spill occur, nothing was done. Today we see specialized clean-up companies along with heavy fines and cost associated for clean up.

Oilfields I walked as a youg person no longer checkered with black tar and wooden seperator tanks dumping brine water onto the ground. Many of the oilfields of yesteryear, still producing oil today, would not be recognized as such if not for the pumping jacks.

So what's my problem with keeping our water and air clean?

People who paint boogeyman stories written in such a manner to scare people, for the mere purpose of bolstering the sales of thier article/paper/magazine.

People who "cherry pick" a report, or a conversation from an interview, looking for a key word or phrase the writer can spin to their advantage as they paint their boogeyman.

Writers whose intension is to impose their personal will onto others, using twisted or false information.

You see, not only am I for clean air and water, I am also 100% for cleaning up the news media including, holding the media responsible for any pollution created.

In my book, an apology for false or inaccurate (printed or spoken) info doesn't qualify as clean-up. Fines and other penalties need be imposed.

Thanks and should you have questions in the future, please feel free to ask. 😊

MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: Everything we know and loved ....... 2019/11/06 08:31:36 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby crappiefisher 2019/11/06 13:36:40
BeenThereDoneThat.
During that same time period I saw the Clean Water & Clean Air laws enacted and over the years, I've witnessed the same waterways going from polluted to sustaining life. 

Right, the Clean Water Act, which your boy Trump is gutting. 

One minute you acknowledge the detrimental effects of unchecked mining and resource extraction from 100+ years ago, and you note the value of the environmental movement which spurred the cleanup of that damage... and the next minute you are rationalizing reasons for which to ignore modern oil & gas industries who are doing it all over again right under your nose.

What will it take for you wake up? Do you need to wait until our waterways are full of toxins and devoid of life (again)? Because people are sounding alarm bells are you are ignoring them.
MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: Everything we know and loved ....... 2019/11/06 08:35:06 (permalink)
BeenThereDoneThat.
You see, not only am I for clean air and water, I am also 100% for cleaning up the news media including, holding the media responsible for any pollution created.

Since you are so committed to media accountability then you should have no trouble debunking the claims in the article OP posted. Which specific parts of the article have you, in your research, found to be misleading and/or inaccurate?
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Everything we know and loved ....... 2019/11/06 09:16:12 (permalink)
MyWar you keep crying and boo hooing the skys falling. The article you mention is written specifically for people like you.

Like you, when the oil & gas industry attempts to do things in the right manner, the author looks up the asz of a dead horse, in search of data he can use, to paint pictures of his boogeyman.

I know better than to explain myself to a proven liar of which, I have provided proven "fact".

I recommend you do your trolling on Lake Wilhelm. That's a fact.

MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: Everything we know and loved ....... 2019/11/06 10:46:48 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby crappiefisher 2019/11/06 13:38:05
BeenThereDoneThat.
Like you, when the oil & gas industry attempts to do things in the right manner, the author looks up the asz of a dead horse, in search of data he can use, to paint pictures of his boogeyman.

Translation: I can’t be bothered to back up any of my arguments with facts and logic. When people say stuff that doesn’t fit the insular worldview I have built for my myself, they are wrong just because.

Also, the oil and gas industry would never lie to us.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Everything we know and loved ....... 2019/11/06 11:13:55 (permalink)
What ever you say..... liar.

Maybe see ya on Wilhelm someday. I'll be in the Green FishHawk powered by internal combustion engines and I will be trolling.😉

Have a wonderful day.... liar.
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2019/11/06 11:15:33

Sujie
Avid Angler
Re: Everything we know and loved ....... 2019/11/07 00:47:06 (permalink)
Jay
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 16
Re: Everything we know and loved ....... 2019/11/07 08:53:37 (permalink)
Oh no! Not more!!!!!
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Everything we know and loved ....... 2019/11/07 13:44:08 (permalink)
Yep here we go again annnnd when opportunity knocks.....

Welp the only thing I can figure out, for us old dudes who've been drinking the water, breathing the air, using internal combustion engines, used coal produced electricity for heating & lighting our homes, etc is, we must of died years ago and became "ZOMBIES". 💀

Must not matter that folks today live much much longer then folks before electricity, automobiles, industrial plants, etc.

Now, so not to confuse my fan club, the following does not directly address the subject presented in the newly released link and is merely the opinion of your's truely

I mean who else could think this stuff up.

Everytime I see a 'wanna be reporter' using data based on "probable cause" (extracted from a dead horses asz) I picture these same people sitting in a fast food restuarant munching on their unhappy meals, (cause of minimal wage increase, they can't afford the Big Burger with special sauce and super sized fries.) as they write articles regarding the pollution of our air from cow pharts.

By the way, is it "true" meat "or" meat by-products (called pink something or other) in those burgers and isn't that "true chemical" smoke flavor delicious and how about those yummy deep fried french fries.

Oh yeah, the plastic ware, food containers, drinking straws, ketchup (if that's what the red stuff in those plastic packets is🤔)... just where does this stuff come from and where does it go when no longer needed. Except out somebodies car window I mean.

Come to think of it, where does all the packaging go from all that pre-packaged food and other items we purchase by the tons and tons everyday. Oh... and ain't those "plastic blister" containers used for electronic devices and stuff, a PITA?

Huh, 🤔 I wonder, would there be the need for such massive land fill operations, if we just did without all the little (pre-packaged) conveniences in life.

So the next time you reach in the fridge for your dinner, flip a switch to light your home, jump in the car for a ride to 'BigBurger' or merely adjust the thermostat to heat/cool your home. Are you contibuting?

Dang, I just remembered.... "pink slime" is the term I was looking for.

Wholesome 'PinkSlime', the tantalizing by-product made fresh daily, produced from pharting cows.

So, long story short, unless you're totally an organic vegan whose only transportation is by foot living in an unheated, unlit mud hut, wearing only garb produced from naturally produced fiber......, you might be a bigot.

Meanwhile, those who truely care will cont. working to ensure a cleaner and safer enviroment and.... enjoying our happy meals.

Thanks for the opportunity. 🦃

MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: Everything we know and loved ....... 2019/11/07 19:01:47 (permalink)
BeenThereDoneThat.
Welp the only thing I can figure out, for us old dudes who've been drinking the water, breathing the air, using internal combustion engines, used coal produced electricity for heating & lighting our homes, etc is, we must of died years ago and became "ZOMBIES". 

The first marcellus gas well in PA was drilled in about 2003, but the industry didn't really start booming until Corbett took office in 2010. So you would only have been exposed to chemicals and environmental toxins associated with fracking during a relatively small portion of your adult life.

Additionally, keep in mind that exposure to environmental toxins can affect children in the developmental stages of their life much differently than adults. So I understand that you may be comfortable betting the last few decades of your own life on the honesty of the gas industry, but do you really want to bet the health of your grandchildren (assuming you have them) on Range Resources being forthright about where they dump their toxic garbage? 

BeenThereDoneThat.
Must not matter that folks today live much much longer then folks before electricity, automobiles, industrial plants, etc.

Average life expectancy over the last 100+ years has increased mostly because (1) infant mortality has decreased, and (2) medical science has developed better treatments for infectious diseases. There is no evidence to suggest that a reduction in environmental toxins has contributed substantially to longer lifespans (a reduction in environmental pathogens is a different story). In fact, the rates for many types of cancer have risen sharply since 1950. And though overall cancer mortality rates have stabilized, the rates of incidence are still increasing for many individual types of cancer. Locally there is the Canon Mcmillan cancer cluster (that doesn't officially exist) which involves up to 27 identified cases of Ewing's Sarcoma in three southwestern PA counties, including Washington Co which has 1800 shale wells. 

The rest of your post is a bunch of off-topic, rambling nonsense which I have no interest in commenting on. I am genuinely curious tho, do you post this stuff just to get a rise out of people, or do you actually believe this crap?
Meatball
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 527
Re: Everything we know and loved ....... 2019/11/07 19:18:03 (permalink)
Lol, is MyWar related to Greta Thunberg? You seem young by your writing dude ( or chick, or another gender?)...Educated, yes. Glad you paid attention in school. The world isn't collapsing around you. Now go fishing and buy some bottled water before we are all dead from pollution. And quit driving. Turn off the furnace. 

Oh, no bottled water for you!! You hate plastic, too.

Whatever. If you were old enough to grow up in the era of us other old farts here you would know what pollution REALLY is.

"I feel sorry for the people who don't drink. When they wake up, that is the best they are going to feel all day"
                 -- Frank Sinatra
Meatball
Expert Angler
Re: Everything we know and loved ....... 2019/11/07 19:19:17 (permalink)
And since you admit you do fish, remember what lead does to small children too

"I feel sorry for the people who don't drink. When they wake up, that is the best they are going to feel all day"
                 -- Frank Sinatra
Meatball
Expert Angler
Re: Everything we know and loved ....... 2019/11/07 19:20:32 (permalink)
And quit leaving empty worm containers on the banks

-- Frank Sinatra
MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: Everything we know and loved ....... 2019/11/07 19:28:30 (permalink)
I’m a 43 yr old male. I know what pollution is, thanks.
Meatball
Expert Angler
Re: Everything we know and loved ....... 2019/11/07 19:29:33 (permalink)
I hit a nerve lol

-- Frank Sinatra
Meatball
Expert Angler
Re: Everything we know and loved ....... 2019/11/07 19:32:15 (permalink)
Bet nobody on this board will ever get to meet you in person. Just a hunch[sm=****.gif]

-- Frank Sinatra
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Everything we know and loved ....... 2019/11/07 19:53:40 (permalink)
MyWar what I wouldn't want, is my children
or grandchildren turning out like you.

I was looking forward to our crossing paths on Wilhelm sometime next year. But I'm suspecting that not happening.

Hearing your whining and wimpering about the enviroment being so horrible, I highly doubt you ever go outside and if you do, I'll bet you're real cute dressed in your full hazmat suit.

MyWar, if you researched the dictionary for a definition of "paranoid" you would find, your own picture.

It's obvious, you "understand nothing" of what you pretend to read so I'll just leave some friendly advice. Becareful looking up a dead horses asz, there's bound to be a boogeyman lurking about.

In closing, I would like to suggest, you kindly leave my family out of your conversation.

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Everything we know and loved ....... 2019/11/07 19:59:52 (permalink)
Meatball
I hit a nerve lol

You sure as hell did.... I gotta sit on my hands to keep from clapping.

STUPID ....... Old stubborn man syndrome😝

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Everything we know and loved ....... 2019/11/07 20:06:13 (permalink)
Meatball
Bet nobody on this board will ever get to meet you in person. Just a hunch[sm=****.gif]

Sure ya might, MyWar says he fishes the Yough..... my guess, just look for some dude in a canoe dressed in blue hazmat attire donning breathing apparatus.

MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: Everything we know and loved ....... 2019/11/07 20:33:26 (permalink)
Meatball
I hit a nerve lol

Not sure what gave you that idea?

I definitely wanted to clear up any misconception that only dumb kids can care about things like clean water tho. I may not be as old as some of you folks, but I’m old enough to ground my worldview and opinions in life experience rather than social media trends.
EMitch
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1033
Re: Everything we know and loved ....... 2019/11/08 04:52:25 (permalink)
MyWar
The first marcellus gas well in PA was drilled in about 2003, but the industry didn't really start booming until Corbett took office in 2010. 

Ooooooh! Bad Corbett! Bad Republican State Legislature! Creating all those good payin' jobs and lowering the price of natural gas for Pennsylvania's citizens. Bad! Bad! Bad!

Of course, we'll just overlook the first 7 years of Pa. fracking 'cause that was under Ed Rendell, and it wouldn't be convenient to involve a 'Crat.

Never try to argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Sujie
Avid Angler
Re: Everything we know and loved ....... 2019/11/08 05:47:04 (permalink)
Wow! You people are scaring me......really.
MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: Everything we know and loved ....... 2019/11/08 09:05:01 (permalink)
EMitch
Of course, we'll just overlook the first 7 years of Pa. fracking 'cause that was under Ed Rendell, and it wouldn't be convenient to involve a 'Crat.

In 2009 there were 710  wells drilled in PA with an output of about 0.3 Bcfe/day
In 2011 there were 2,211 wells drilled and total output was up 2.5 Bcfe/day
In 2015 there another 2,903 wells drilled and total output was 7.6 Bcfe/day

(source: https://marcelluscoalition.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/PA-Marcellus-Updated-Economic-Impacts-5.24.10.3.pdf )

Output absolutely soared while Corbett was in office. He provided the industry with millions in subsidies while he cut funding for education. And he even tried to pass legislation that would strip local municipalities of their ability to regulate drilling locally (Act 13), although fortunately the PA Supreme Court nullified portions of it.

Make no mistake, Corbett bent the state of PA over his desk and let the gas industry have its way with us. He screwed the gas boom up so badly that he couldn't get elected to a second term in the Republican friendly state of PA while the gas companies were propping him up to the tune $1,148,351 for his re-election campaign in 2014 (Wolf by contrast raised $192,985). 

Since Wolf has been elected he has been absolutely hammered by the industry because he has pushed for accountability and wants to tax drillers so the citizens actually see some benefit from the billions of profit extracted each year. See the difference? Yet many would argue that Wolf is still not doing enough to hold the industry accountable (and I agree).

EMitch
Creating all those good payin' jobs 

Ah the old conservative chestnut "jobs". So the choice is either: (1) no jobs or (2) radioactive drinking water?

If the gas industry is a necessary evil then why can't we at least have proper oversight? The authors of the Public Herald article spent 8 months researching the disposal of landfill leachate and and found plenty of evidence of a potential problem as well as a giant regulatory loophole. You are saying that we simply can't we hold legislators and the gas industry and the DEP accountable "because jobs"? I call bullshiit on that.

Jay
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 16
Re: Everything we know and loved ....... 2019/11/08 10:01:17 (permalink)
Keep on drilling!!$$$$$ Got to feed the family!
Page: < 12345 > Showing page 2 of 5
Jump to: