pikepredator2
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 953
  • Reward points: 0
2016/11/10 06:02:01 (permalink)

REPORTS

Taken from the reports page:
Date fished: 11/7/2016
saw lots of fish at 20.  Hooked 15 and only landed 8.  Heard the mouth of Elk has been real slow.  Walnut has been good all the way up to the falls.  Please catch and release.

Date fished:  11/9
Forget about upper 20.  More guys than fish by about 10 times.  

Exactly why I stopped posting chrome reports.

40 Replies Related Threads

H3Fisher
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 340
    Re: REPORTS 2016/11/10 08:45:05 (permalink)
    lol - Start posting false reports so people stop reading them

11/10/2016
    Fished 20mile
    Hundreds of fish running to the lake. Threw cast net out and they dragged me to the lake!
    If you see a red shoe with studs, please leave near road. I lost it when they pulled me into the water.
    Vlad Putin.
    johnthefisherman
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 425
    Re: REPORTS 2016/11/10 11:28:45 (permalink)
    Date Fished: 11/09/2016
    After voting to make America great again, made the trip mup, went to upper 20 and saw hundreds of fish stacked so thick their backs were coming out of the water. Hooked 30 and landed 30 on my green egg sack fly while I sat there eating my 18 whoppers from Burger King. 

No fish in any other creeks in Erie. Don't even bother coming mup. 

Pro Staff:
    Liquid Mayhem: www.liquidmayhem.com
    Lunker City: www.lunkercity.com
    Titan Tungsten: www.titan-tungsten.com
    Trophy Technology: www.trophytechnology.com 

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/johnpascavagefishing 

Brad_porter77
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 80
    Re: REPORTS 2016/11/10 18:22:49 (permalink)
    Hmm I wonder who wrote the first report..... Prolly a muphere
    PooFLinger
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 450
    Re: REPORTS 2016/11/10 19:38:29 (permalink)
    Leave it to b-rad to spot burn......the same ole dood that complained of too many  people 

Gill em to kill em then Rope em smoke em
    JM2
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1089
    Brad_porter77
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 80
    Re: REPORTS 2016/11/11 05:38:53 (permalink)
    fishfashfush
    Leave it to b-rad to spot burn......the same ole dood that complained of too many  people 

Yeah I guess I should lie on the reports page.. Would that make you happy
    jat1007
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 193
    Re: REPORTS 2016/11/11 08:12:08 (permalink)
    Brad_porter77
    fishfashfush

just dont post nothin then.... duh

FishinGuy
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2074
    Re: REPORTS 2016/11/11 08:13:14 (permalink)
    Brad_porter77
    fishfashfush

Just be vague. East side is more than enough info.
    crawlerman2
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 146
    Re: REPORTS 2016/11/11 09:48:06 (permalink)
    Could be that there are non on upper 20 where the one guy posted and they guy that got 8 fished the mouth.  Doesn't mean either is lying
    fisherofmen376
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2213
    Re: REPORTS 2016/11/11 11:33:15 (permalink)
    WHY post specifics on the reports page?  What good does it do?  Seriously people.  Any idea how many duds lurk on this site?  They see the specific report and they blow up the spot.  
    There's maps on here-let people do the "work" if you wanna call it work, and find them on their own.  If people build credibility on here then MAYBE I will help you.  But honestly ahhrn he'd is the one you want to ask!  If you ain't catching more thun yer hookin, u suck!  

"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men."
    Matthew 4:19
    H3Fisher
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 340
    Re: REPORTS 2016/11/11 11:54:03 (permalink)
    Why post reports at all? All you're doing is making the spots you fish more crowded. 

Poor Richard's and EastEnd do it because people read them and stop at their shops for gear and bait.

You posting reports does nothing buy cause more traffic in a highly populated fishing location.
    jat1007
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 193
    Re: REPORTS 2016/11/11 12:32:04 (permalink)
    H3Fisher
    Why post reports at all? All you're doing is making the spots you fish more crowded. 

Poor Richard's and EastEnd do it because people read them and stop at their shops for gear and bait.

You posting reports does nothing buy cause more traffic in a highly populated fishing location.

amen to that... technology ruined everything.......imagine if no internet half the Pittsburghers (go steelers!) on weekends wouldnt make the trip.. thats for sure.

ZelieSam
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 727
    Re: REPORTS 2016/11/11 12:33:53 (permalink)
    Love these threads where people lose their minds over reports where they fish.  A couple years back I was told in a very serious and long PM that if I told people I caught fish from a certain lake that it would be flooded with fishermen who would then fish the lake out and would that make me sad.  

SIGH.  

Your favorite spot isn't a secret.  This time of the year isn't a secret.  You posting that secret fish are biting in your secret spot isn't going to change the fishing.  I wouldn't drive to Erie and fish for steelhead if you gave me the GPS coords, time of day, proper bait and equipment, and I STILL wouldn't go there.  

Not everyone on the internets cares about every fishery.  Sure, on the Erie board you'll have a bigger percentage who care, but still most people aren't lurking here to steal your spots. Lighten up guys.  
    PooFLinger
    Expert Angler
    Re: REPORTS 2016/11/11 13:10:46 (permalink)
    python73
    Love these threads where people lose their minds over reports where they fish.  A couple years back I was told in a very serious and long PM that if I told people I caught fish from a certain lake that it would be flooded with fishermen who would then fish the lake out and would that make me sad.   SIGH.   Your favorite spot isn't a secret.  This time of the year isn't a secret.  You posting that secret fish are biting in your secret spot isn't going to change the fishing.  I wouldn't drive to Erie and fish for steelhead if you gave me the GPS coords, time of day, proper bait and equipment, and I STILL wouldn't go there.   Not everyone on the internets cares about every fishery.  Sure, on the Erie board you'll have a bigger percentage who care, but still most people aren't lurking here to steal your spots. Lighten up guys.  
    dunno about all that... very few fish the last couple years and they are spread out over erie county.. i get it- no spot is secret.. i am going fishing tomorrow and i see a report saying theres fish at so and so creek/spot ... that eliminates my leg work and search for them. Most lurkers on here dont want to put in the work. Or drive around doing their own searching. *if* all creeks were loaded to the brink and fish were indeed all over the place then yea exact locations wouldnt matter because hell there would be enough fish to sustain the huge crowds. People who stumble across fish and post it publicly have no friends to share info and or fish with... its a nice gesture but save yourself the hassle. Chances are when u get home and post it those fish have either been roped or moved on to different holes. These fish move continuously so posting reports of exact spots is useless.

bigbear2012
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 725
    Re: REPORTS 2016/11/11 14:39:47 (permalink)
    walnut!
    The mostest awesome place in the world to fish!!!
    Oh yea, and the DSR on the salmon river!!
    I totally think that everyone who fishes Erie should go to Walnut.  And everyone who fishes the SR needs to fish the DSR.

wishin i was fishin
    pikepredator2
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 953
    Re: REPORTS 2016/11/11 17:46:17 (permalink)
    Almost got banned from this site last year when I got into a back and forth argument on the reports page with a guy from Warren.  I suggested then to stop posting reports and he went ballistic, saying I thought the fish were all mine, that I was selfish, and the clincher, that he relies solely on the reports page as to whether he's going to make the trip to Erie or not.  Didn't sound like a fishermen but just a person looking for a handout, you know, like the 47% he probably complained about.
    FishinGuy
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2074
    Re: REPORTS 2016/11/11 20:01:42 (permalink)
    Holy crap. He won't quit.
    Brad_porter77
    Time Observed: 11/11/16
    Water Conditions: Good color 11/11/2016
    Walnut is hot right now... The fish are up to veterans park. Caught a good number there. Stopped by elk near mckean and saw a lot of disappointed fishermen. Not sure what's going on with elk this year but it sucks
    pheasant tail 2
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 401
    Re: REPORTS 2016/11/11 22:40:44 (permalink)
    Everyone to Veterans Park!  Shhhhhhhh don't tell anyone, green sacs are killin' em. Duble digits, no foolin'.

PT2

PooFLinger
    Expert Angler
    Re: REPORTS 2016/11/12 02:24:25 (permalink)
    Dudes a mess

JM2
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1089
    Smallsac
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 123
    Re: REPORTS 2016/11/15 21:45:31 (permalink)
    Have been fishing for last 3 days. There are fish if you know where to look; didn't have difficulty locating; double digit day today; water is low and clear; 2lb leader n 16 or smaller hooks
    Fished east side yesterday; also did good, didn't see another fisherman for 5 hours where we were at. Spoke with WCO at vehicle when done, said he also did not see many people; good to see PFBC presence.
    We fished this am from sunrise to 11am, had area to ourself, did not see another fisherman and there were a good amount of fish. Went west side, for afternoon, moderate pressure with decent fish. Fishing tomorrow am before we leave.
    No BS post here, 5hr drive for us and was worth it, if you know what your doing.
    PooFLinger
    Expert Angler
    Re: REPORTS 2016/11/16 06:25:29 (permalink)
    Now thats how a report should be worded

Divemaster
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 744
    Re: REPORTS 2016/11/16 08:13:43 (permalink)
    Smallsac
    Have been fishing for last 3 days. There are fish if you know where to look; didn't have difficulty locating; double digit day today; water is low and clear; 2lb leader n 16 or smaller hooks
    Fished east side yesterday; also did good, didn't see another fisherman for 5 hours where we were at. Spoke with WCO at vehicle when done, said he also did not see many people; good to see PFBC presence.
    We fished this am from sunrise to 11am, had area to ourself, did not see another fisherman and there were a good amount of fish. Went west side, for afternoon, moderate pressure with decent fish. Fishing tomorrow am before we leave.
    No BS post here, 5hr drive for us and was worth it, if you know what your doing.

Nice report, but 2lb test, how did you even play fish!? I'll stick to my trusty 7lb lol.
    bingsbaits
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5026
    Re: REPORTS 2016/11/16 08:59:13 (permalink)
    Not sure how the admin can justify the reports page content. 90 % of it violates their own acceptable use policy.

• Mentioning specific fishing locations on private property which may cause increases in angler traffic (a/k/a "spot burning").

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

Smallsac
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 123
    Re: REPORTS 2016/11/17 01:35:59 (permalink)
    Divemaster
    Smallsac

Nice report, but 2lb test, how did you even play fish!? I'll stick to my trusty 7lb lol.

Thanks.  7lb wow, lol, I wont go over 6lb since blew up a fly rod (heavy water, fishing near mouth with crowds)..Honestly, I was very surprised, it held up ALOT better than anticipated.  I did not have to kill fish with a long fight, only thing I can tell you is to try it and see what you think.  Rod position and angle on the hook help with turning/steering the fish; if fish went screaming up/down, I invert the rod position, completely upside down (butt section up/tip down) response is amazing.

I always take 4 different set ups with me, spinning rod/reel spooled with 4lb fluoro with 2lb leader (making sure drag is adjusted), fly rod, pin and tenkara.  I enjoy fishing each depending on conditions.  Over four days used and landed fish on each one; including first steelhead on tenkara (had one last year on cane pole, long story).

But this am, I could only fish until 9 then had to be on road.  Started on east side stream, rain began before first light and continued until I left, fish moving all morning,  managed three then reluctantly had to leave.  Picked up some size 18s & 20s, on west side last evening, which were the ticket. 

Also, stopped at Mazza's new distillery right across border in NY, (don't mind spot burning there), have a very nice bourbon :)   Was well worth 15 min past 20 mile lot, which was being paved as I passed.

Overall 4 days, good results considering conditions, had to work for them; wasn't fishing out of a barrel, but there are fish.  Biggest fish was pushing the end of the 20's on the tape, plus picked up a nice bottle of hooch.  Be back next month, enjoy your time streamside..
    post edited by Smallsac - 2016/11/17 08:06:03
    PooFLinger
    Expert Angler
    Re: REPORTS 2016/11/17 07:00:39 (permalink)
    Yea low n clear I'm running no more than 5 lb i got some 3.3 im gonna be tryin out, like you said smallsac, i started payin particular attention to rod angles while fighting and its made a world of difference in the control

PooFLinger
    Expert Angler
    Re: REPORTS 2016/11/17 07:00:39 (permalink)
    Yea low n clear I'm running no more than 5 lb i got some 3.3 im gonna be tryin out, like you said smallsac, i started payin particular attention to rod angles while fighting and its made a world of difference in the control

Divemaster
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 744
    Re: REPORTS 2016/11/17 10:48:13 (permalink)
    Smallsac
    Divemaster
    Smallsac

Thanks.  7lb wow, lol, I wont go over 6lb since blew up a fly rod (heavy water, fishing near mouth with crowds)..Honestly, I was very surprised, it held up ALOT better than anticipated.  I did not have to kill fish with a long fight, only thing I can tell you is to try it and see what you think.  Rod position and angle on the hook help with turning/steering the fish; if fish went screaming up/down, I invert the rod position, completely upside down (butt section up/tip down) response is amazing. I always take 4 different set ups with me, spinning rod/reel spooled with 4lb fluoro with 2lb leader (making sure drag is adjusted), fly rod, pin and tenkara.  I enjoy fishing each depending on conditions.  Over four days used and landed fish on each one; including first steelhead on tenkara (had one last year on cane pole, long story). But this am, I could only fish until 9 then had to be on road.  Started on east side stream, rain began before first light and continued until I left, fish moving all morning,  managed three then reluctantly had to leave.  Picked up some size 18s & 20s, on west side last evening, which were the ticket.  Also, stopped at Mazza's new distillery right across border in NY, (don't mind spot burning there), have a very nice bourbon :)   Was well worth 15 min past 20 mile lot, which was being paved as I passed. Overall 4 days, good results considering conditions, had to work for them; wasn't fishing out of a barrel, but there are fish.  Biggest fish was pushing the end of the 20's on the tape, plus picked up a nice bottle of hooch.  Be back next month, enjoy your time streamside..

That's the main reason I use tippet so heavy, to try to control the fish. I used 5X and 4X very often early season but had so many break offs because I couldn't put enough drag on the fish to stop them from running so far that I couldn't chase them without trampling through other anglers' spots. With 3X I can horse them a lot more (relatively), so they'll only run 50-60' at a time instead of 80-100' like they would with lighter line.

And when you invert your rod upside down, is that just when they're running or for the entire fight? Seems like an awkward position but if there's some logic behind it and it actually tires the fish out faster then I'll have to try it next time. Usually I'm putting side pressure against them the entire fight, the opposite direction that they're trying to run, and I have about a 50% landing rate on all my hookups so far.

You caught some on a tenkara rod, seriously? The fish known for it's long blistering runs was bested by a set length line on a rod with no reel? That's quite impressive, I'm guessing the creek or section was tight enough that you could run after the fish rather quickly and be on top of it whenever you wanted?
    post edited by Divemaster - 2016/11/17 10:51:29
    steel whisperer
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 78
    Re: REPORTS 2016/11/17 11:12:01 (permalink)

In clear water I never use anything above or equal to 4# Fluoro. In stained water I will go 6# but have not issues muscling fish. Its all how you use drag, rod and side pressure to keep fish off balance. 2# can be done but don't usually go below 3# as Ive had even winter fish break 3 off on just a violent head shake and 2# have broken off on hook sets.

Fishing is one jerk waiting for another on the other end.
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to: