Toothy critter at Misery Bay

Author
pgh_flytier
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 249
  • Reward points: 0
2015/09/20 11:15:30 (permalink)

Toothy critter at Misery Bay

Spent two days fishing Presque Isle this week. I didn't expect too much fishing from shore this time of year; but still caught a few small bass, which made my trip. My favorite rig is a 7 inch plastic worm fished Texas rig style.  While fishing near the Monument one solid hit came back with the line severed and the rig lost. The  clean cut line looked like it had been severed with a razor. Nothing like that had ever happened to me when fishing that type of rig before. A second experience had a Texas rigged worm severed right below the hook.
 I've never heard of pike near the monument, but there might be more than one hanging out there.

1 Reply Related Threads

Divemaster
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 744
    • Reward points: 0
    Re: Toothy critter at Misery Bay 2015/09/20 18:37:14 (permalink)
    Oh there's plenty of pike in misery bay. It was so rough on the lake this weekend so we took the boat in misery bay a few hundred yards out from the monument and inside the lagoon entrances at various spots and hammered half a dozen pike all weekend. Those things are everywhere in shallow, weedy water. Supoosed to be a decent musky population in there as well.
    Jump to: