Waiting for the snow to melt

Author
Chris Johnson
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 321
  • Reward points: 0
2015/03/20 07:08:53 (permalink)

Waiting for the snow to melt

Supposedly there is no such thing as a stupid question, well here's my submission/attempt for the day.

Where/what is the mountain?  I grew up in Erie,... my family never had a boat, but I got out with the parents of friends quite a bit.  I was under the impression that is was a shallow ridge that runs roughly parallel to the Freeport area shoreline.  Depths go from ~60' to 45' as you go north then drop back off to 60's and deeper as you go north.  Recently someone said the Mountain is an inverted mountain with the peak being the ~220' depths found at that end of the lake.

In the mid 80's I remember a ship going down around the mountain.  It was rumored to have gold on board. I witnessed this area being guarded by patrol boats as (from what I was told at the time) divers tried to recover the gold and/or ship.  I was certain this was the mountain, because is was a very quick trip from Freeport and not too far out into the lake, but a recent conversion has me questioning myself.

Any input is appreciated.
Thanks
CJ 
post edited by Chris Johnson - 2015/03/20 07:52:57

2 Replies Related Threads

chrisrowboat
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 688
    Re: Waiting for the snow to melt 2015/03/22 22:35:22 (permalink)

Proud to have been a FOT/
    I've been out fishing.
    Clean your gear/
    http://www.fish.state.pa.us/cleanyourgear.htm

Chris Johnson
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 321
    Re: Waiting for the snow to melt 2015/03/23 09:12:20 (permalink)
    Thanks for the map.  That is what I have always been told and understood to be the mountain.  Sometimes the strength of other opinions makes you question your beliefs.  I was looking for reassurance.  
    Jump to: