walnut above and beyond

Author
fisherofmen376
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2215
  • Reward points: 0
2015/01/01 14:34:39 (permalink)

walnut above and beyond

So Im gonna make a point to actually fish Walnut somewhere besides the projects.  Ive done it in the past and got burned, and I've done it in the past and done ok.  All my fish came in mid to late 2000's.  Since 2012 I've ventured above the route 5 tubes only twice.  I have limited time to fish and don't live terribly close, so i choose places I know will hold more fish.  
But curiosity has got me.  I was looking through some older pics of my time on middle walnut and it has me itching to at least FIND fish.  If anyone who knows i aint no jagoff nnat  wants to pm me your knowledge, have at it.  If not, I understand.  Im gonna explore regardless.  Il be working in erie wednesday, so I'm gonna walk a few hours in the afternoon on upper walnut and see what i see.  But id love to hear your experiences.   

"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men."
Matthew 4:19

7 Replies Related Threads

troutguy
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 642
    Re: walnut above and beyond 2015/01/01 16:13:00 (permalink)
    I've been meaning to explore other parts of walnut this year but haven't gotten around to doing it yet. One of these days...

Last December I fished a stretch of upper Walnut. Honestly forget where though, need to look at the map..........but anyways I found a group of 3 or 4 fish. Caught one right away and then the rest had lockjaw. No other fish and I worked over a pretty good section of it. A nice scenic section with no other fishermen around. Maybe next time I'm up there I'll check it out again, or explore some other parts. Hope you find a few!
    BloodyHand
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2131
    Re: walnut above and beyond 2015/01/02 14:51:32 (permalink)
    I used to catch em as far up as the Millcreek mall back in the early 2000's. I havent checked this year, but checked the last 5 or 6 years and havent seen any action. I thought I read on here somewhere that there was a falls somewhere on Walnut keeping the fish from comin up?

BH
    cbeagler
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1811
    Re: walnut above and beyond 2015/01/03 00:10:02 (permalink)
    Call me, bro.

william.winkelman
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 10
    Re: walnut above and beyond 2015/03/18 21:56:28 (permalink)
    We are the Erie County Catfish Club. Ill be brief. We are 2 things, 1...conservation club. we are the only and I say again ONLY fishing club in Erie County authorized by the fish and boat commission to restock any and all bodies of water. we have selected Lake Leboeuf as our first for restocking program. 2....we are very focused on our youth in education and events. please visit our facebook page and check us out there, links to all our sites are there. I will post the links here also.
    https://www.facebook.com/ErieCountyCatfishClub
    http://eriecountycatfishclub.weebly.com/
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Winkster1978

please be sure to like us on facebook, and subscribe and thumbs our our weekly shows on youtube.
    fisherofmen376
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2215
    Re: walnut above and beyond 2015/03/19 17:02:31 (permalink)
    Why did you post here? You should start a new thread, it'll get your club more attention.

"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men."
    Matthew 4:19
    CAPTAIN HOOK
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2384
    Re: walnut above and beyond 2015/03/20 00:00:36 (permalink)
    Nothing comes up on those links ????
    DRod
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 87
    Re: walnut above and beyond 2015/03/20 09:49:52 (permalink)
    fisherofmen376
    Why did you post here? You should start a new thread, it'll get your club more attention.

Probably gonna stock 'em in the Walnut marina and the Pigpen
    Jump to: