Helpful ReplyPYMATUNING FISHING REPORT

Page: << < ..4647484950.. > >> Showing page 49 of 72
Author
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 11939
  • Reward points: 0
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2017/03/09 16:35:06 (permalink)
Let me get back to you buddy, I feel your pain and I can't stop laughing. Fret not... there's hope.

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

opsman
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 265
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2017/03/09 16:55:15 (permalink)
So for the continuing saga.  Dan Bickel just emailed me again.  Apologized for the wrong info.  The north dock at Linesville is like the docks at Jamestown.  They only have a 12' "bridge".  The issue is with the South dock at Linesville.  To make it ADA approved and keep the right slant to it the "bridge" had to be 26' long!!!!  Over twice the size of the other.  Even he conceded that everyone will be trying to use the north dock and that it might take a long boat to be able to back in and come anywhere close to the main dock.  I emailed him back and said even 26' long wouldn't be bad if the rail wasn't so high.  Maybe something can be worked out.....

"Fair winds and following seas..."
ICE NUT
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1256
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2017/03/09 17:18:18 (permalink)
the docks at Jamestown are no problem at all you shouls be able to launch there by yourself no problem.I also don't think the docks at Linesville are a problem also Ill find out in couple weeks when I put my boat in for the season. The bigger problem is the crowds even during the week!!
opsman
Expert Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2017/03/09 17:27:15 (permalink)
You're right about the crowds, but I try to put in just before sunrise and usually get off by noon.  Please post or pm me if you put in before I do.  Like I said, the north dock won't be a problem, but try the south side dock.  Might be a little trickier.  I bet everyone tries to wait in line to use the North dock.

opsman
Expert Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2017/03/09 17:38:46 (permalink)
Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met
Couldn't bet both docks in same pic at the right angle.  You can flip back and forth and see the difference in the gangway on the other picture (south dock) and this picture (north dock)

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met

CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1156
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2017/03/09 18:04:02 (permalink)
Haven't used the linesville ramp for a few years since some jagoff decided to pass me and the other three people waiting to get into the docks and cut right in. Too much madness for me when there are many other places to launch on the north end. A little extra boat ride is worth avoiding the aggravation. New fishing pier looks nice though. Hopefully the shallower ramp helps people get loaded easier and makes it flow smoother for you guys that go there.
opsman
Expert Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2017/03/09 18:44:24 (permalink)
I've thought about that.  Wilson looks to rough, Padanarum or one of the ramps around Tuttle?  Doesn't seem like that would be a bad trip to the islands, but I figured in this day and age that they all get the same pressure as Linesville.

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2017/03/09 18:58:07 (permalink)
If the water is deep enough to float your boat from her bunks along the railings, you should have no problem getting on or off your trailer at either dock.

The biggest problem will be the same as with "every" launch ramp. Guys being held up by the "once a year and now I'm here" boaters, that all seem to show up at the same time.😩

But look at the bright side with Linesville..... can't launch those stupid, "takes forever" sailboats.😋

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

mopars0
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 742
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2017/03/09 20:01:34 (permalink)
I usually put in by Duck & Drakes less hassle most of the time hit south of causeway anyways but sometimes I head up to the north end too .... nice little ride , like what was said ...

STEVE.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2017/03/09 20:55:47 (permalink)
I Don't mind launching at Jamestown and botor moating to Linesville I just wish before Memorial Day and after Labor Day I could use my BIG motor.

🚣 zoom zoom! 🚤

Big Tuna
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1882
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2017/03/12 09:00:53 (permalink)
You can use your big motor, BTDT. Just don't get caught. lol Many years ago had a 16' Starcraft with a 70 HP and a 9.9 kicker,actually the first / Erie boat. A big blow came up quick,a very dangerous  electrical storm was on us in seconds. Well the 70 went down and we made the dash to Wilson. I'd rather take a chance than be a lighting rod. All was well.
EMitch
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1033
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2017/03/12 18:42:34 (permalink)
You'll be fine 'til you see a boat comin' that has a twin 50s on the back; then it's break out the wallet time!

Never try to argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2017/03/12 20:16:15 (permalink)
Yeah..... probably Genieman77 strutting his stuff or maybe OldDog now he is retired. Heck... might even be that BIG boat from Zelienople.

Dad burned show off's.

crappiefisher
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3349
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2017/03/12 22:18:09 (permalink)
 Buddy got into some nice fish Thurs. eve./night, left with 3" ov snowflakes in the boat 

crappy
crappiefisher
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2017/03/13 10:26:03 (permalink)
 Yeah,

I was all packed to go for last Tues. then the forecast changed dramatically. Was hoping to get the water hooked back up & start on a pallet or 2 of oak rough cut for hardwood floors & trim. Looks like next Sun. or Mon. for now. Have to haul the Bass boat up the Lund is already there.

crappy
crappiefisher
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2017/03/13 11:03:00 (permalink)
2 are staying here with a couple Sportpals. Enjoy wading Arthur most times anyway. Ahhuuggg, 5"--8" more starting tonight on top ov the 5"-6" already on the ground. Feb. & March were reversed this yr. Least it didn't stay warm & really mess the flowers & fruit up even more. Only have 7   5 gl. buckets of water left for the commode in Linesville.
You have my cell# ?

crappy
chauncy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1298
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2017/03/14 17:50:03 (permalink)
opsman
Ok, just got back from a leisurely ride around the lake, after my fifteen mile detour since Rt 7 was closed from rt 88 to Kinsman!  BTW, Duck and Drake and New Bowers do NOT have their docks in yet.  No activity at all.  There were a few people on the causeway and a handful at the spillway.  No boats that I could see at Linesville.
I took this pic today and for the life of me can't figure out how launching a boat is going to work, especially if you're by yourself. A person standing on the "bridge" would have almost 7' from the bow to the railing, trying to control the boat backward almost 15' (half the length of the entire dock til you reach a tie up cleat will be a hoot!  There is no rubber or protective device on the aluminum to prevent damage and if you look closely you can see rocks stacked right behind the decorative block! Is this done? Is it going to remain the way it is now?  A person alone will have to back in, go back and grab the bow rope, then either walk all the way back to step up on the walk, or try to jump up that four foot wall, lol!  I'm way too old for that ****!!  The lake might be down a little right now, but not much, because the stone abutment that is in front of the spillway is juuusst barely peeking out of the water.  When the lake is down, you can practically walk to stone all the way to the spillway without getting wet.   Anyhow, if you look close at the picture it sure looks like it's going to be a challenge.  At least the dock on the left side only has the metal ramp about half the distance as the one on the right  Gee, I wonder which dock everyone is going to flock to!!
I know I'm probably making a big deal about nothing, but since I just retired I was looking to hitting Linesville hard during the week when the pressure is off.  But since I will be alone, I really can't figure out an easy way around this.

Ever think about getting a longer launching rope? I fish by myself quite often and never have a problem launching any where. I use a long rope when i'm by myself. May take a few times to get used to it but you'll get the hang of it pretty quick.

opsman
Expert Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2017/03/14 17:59:48 (permalink)
Thanks Chauncy   Out of the clear blue they called me today and said they had a couple slips open at Linesville this year so I might be just mooring it there full time!

chauncy
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2017/03/14 18:36:55 (permalink)
Great but those seagulls will make a mess of your boat cover. My buddy Lenny moors there and hates the spiders and bird dung he has to clean out every weekend.
opsman
Expert Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2017/03/14 18:39:03 (permalink)
Yeah, white gull poop on a black boat/cover  Nice!  Spiders?  Now that's a new one

chauncy
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2017/03/14 18:56:19 (permalink)
Be sure to check all the corners when you get back in your boat after letting it sit there for more than a few days.

woodnickle
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 8507
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2017/03/15 00:04:45 (permalink)
chauncy
opsman
Ok, just got back from a leisurely ride around the lake, after my fifteen mile detour since Rt 7 was closed from rt 88 to Kinsman!  BTW, Duck and Drake and New Bowers do NOT have their docks in yet.  No activity at all.  There were a few people on the causeway and a handful at the spillway.  No boats that I could see at Linesville.
I took this pic today and for the life of me can't figure out how launching a boat is going to work, especially if you're by yourself. A person standing on the "bridge" would have almost 7' from the bow to the railing, trying to control the boat backward almost 15' (half the length of the entire dock til you reach a tie up cleat will be a hoot!  There is no rubber or protective device on the aluminum to prevent damage and if you look closely you can see rocks stacked right behind the decorative block! Is this done? Is it going to remain the way it is now?  A person alone will have to back in, go back and grab the bow rope, then either walk all the way back to step up on the walk, or try to jump up that four foot wall, lol!  I'm way too old for that ****!!  The lake might be down a little right now, but not much, because the stone abutment that is in front of the spillway is juuusst barely peeking out of the water.  When the lake is down, you can practically walk to stone all the way to the spillway without getting wet.   Anyhow, if you look close at the picture it sure looks like it's going to be a challenge.  At least the dock on the left side only has the metal ramp about half the distance as the one on the right  Gee, I wonder which dock everyone is going to flock to!!
I know I'm probably making a big deal about nothing, but since I just retired I was looking to hitting Linesville hard during the week when the pressure is off.  But since I will be alone, I really can't figure out an easy way around this.

Ever think about getting a longer launching rope? I fish by myself quite often and never have a problem launching any where. I use a long rope when i'm by myself. May take a few times to get used to it but you'll get the hang of it pretty quick.

yep...I ty the rope to my trailer and all is well

roygpa
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 194
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2017/03/15 08:40:28 (permalink)
Get a bird-be-gone to keep the gulls off your boat. I have one on my pontoon and it works.
opsman
Expert Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2017/03/15 09:54:36 (permalink)
Chauncy, Is there a spider epidemic at Linesville!  I usually keep a couple margarine containers in the boat with the lids on, holes poked, and mothballs inside, but thanks for the heads up. 
Roygpa, I saw those and I could see how they work, but don't you have a private dock?  Those just sit on the cover and I'm not sure how long one would last at a public dock!

roygpa
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 194
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2017/03/15 10:14:49 (permalink)
Opsman: I do have a private dock, not sure if someone would steal it or not. I screwed it to a piece of 2x10 and tied it around the boat top, because I was worried about it blowing away. The top was covered with poop prior to installation, and after only one poop just outside of the wire's range. I will find a more permanent solution this year. Lot's of spiders in the Espyville area too. lol I think they like to eat the midges when  they hatch.

pymafish615
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 24
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2017/03/18 04:27:06 (permalink)
Well the weather is crazy this year. The lake started to freeze back over but went out tonight for a few hours and picked up a couple walleye. Hopefully in the next couple weeks it'll really turn up
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2017/03/18 09:33:22 (permalink)
Hey pymafish did you take a boat out? If so where did you launch that was open? Bought a new to me 20hp yesterday and now I'm dying to get it out for a test run.
outasync
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 730
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2017/03/18 12:07:49 (permalink)
I'm hoping the better half lets me at least try! Baby is to be here next Friday and it's not looking good for me sneaking out anytime soon.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2017/03/18 12:30:59 (permalink)
old dog
if i were a betting man i would wager that some of you will be cleaning fish this coming week.

I'd be happy just to do some catching.

outasync
I'm hoping the better half lets me at least try! Baby is to be here next Friday and it's not looking good for me sneaking out anytime soon.

So the stork is on his way,  doooo keeep us informed daddy.....  we'll be happy to let you know how the fishing is going.

Seat always open, when ya can sneak away, even if just for an hour or two.
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2017/03/18 12:36:42

CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2017/03/18 13:00:44 (permalink)
outasync

Congrats!
Page: << < ..4647484950.. > >> Showing page 49 of 72
Jump to: